• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

[Central/East Auckland] Team sorting for upcoming BarFights

Started by Gankatron, November 11, 2009, 10:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

samurai black

im down for ranking too. i am to spoil someones rank  :D

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

samurai black

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: samurai black on January 06, 2010, 01:19:11 PM
this still on? first one is next sat
What? When? Who? Where? Atleast I know why.

But for reals though can I come?
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Gankatron

Fucking oaths brother of course its still on :)

Just wanna say i will be changing the invites a wee bit,....No more spaces to fill as i would like EVERYONE who is keen to come just rock up. I dont live in a mansion but im sure we'll all squeeze in.

CrazyMobius

Will this work as a 'drop in and see if we qualify' or a 'stay the whole day' kinda thing? I'm guessing the latter as the former may be a logistical nightmare knee press.

Gankatron

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 06, 2010, 03:28:16 PM
Will this work as a 'drop in and see if we qualify' or a 'stay the whole day' kinda thing? I'm guessing the latter as the former may be a logistical nightmare knee press.

Yo Simon, Rankbats is on the 27th Feb bro :)

The first 3 session dates on the intro of this thread is purely to get everyone together and upskill.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

What are my options since im missing the ranbats?

Sponsor my own Oleet sf4 team? Team Birry Wong?
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Gankatron

Shucks bro i really want to include everyone that is keen aye but i do understand there'll be ppl that wont be able to attend which sucks,...

Unfortunately we also have ppl like Cody/Hue who will not be back from there overseas trip to attend either but at the same time im not prepared to hold spots for either of them nor anyone else cos i dont see that being very fair.

I'm really at a lost on how to include the ppl that miss out.

Help?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Buck wild card team perhaps?

Oh yeah but what bout the non Aucklanders. They just have to make team fuck Aucklanders.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea its a toughie.

I can make the first sessions no worries, its just the official one that im missing out on. For me its not REALLY a biggie personally since, lets be honest, im pretty shit.

An option though is to use a similar format to the casual marvel ranking system i had going until everyone just stopped trying. (myself included) And apply it across the grind sessions.

It was here: http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,319.0.html

There are probably better options available. But its a random passing thought. And even so it means Cody/Hue still wont be here for anything.

It also will eliminate the 'off day' possibility that comes from holding the ranbats on one day.

eg. Lets say david is the greatest SF4 player in the world ever. He regularly beasts everyone at all the grind sessions. Contrasted by richard, who we'll say is the worst SF4 player in the world ever. He regularly licks the salt of other players testes at the grind sessions. Then the 27th rolls along, and david shits himself due to nerves, and gets fucked up by everyone, and richard miraculously figures out how to block, and somehow manages to fluke his way to victory over everyone.

If official ranks are calculated only on the 27th, then this means Richard ranks higher than david, which isnt an accurate reflection of skill. If its averaged out over the other grind sessions, then in this scenario david gets his deserved rank, and the accuracy is increased.

It can still be free for all, but the matches between potentially rankable players should have their results recorded.

Its a bit more work than anyone is expecting you to do though. And this has its flaws as well. But it might solve the problem of ranking people that can't make it. Though at this stage, i think its just me. Hue/Cody arent going to make anything, and as you say, you cant fairly reserve a spot for them. And since its just me not being available, theres no point going to extra trouble for just one person.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

btw I think there is going to be a wildcard team, maybe that is going to be put together on the day? I'm not entirely sure what Lenny has envisaged. So there's always a little hope for those of us not in region/unable to attend ranking battles or whatever.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness