• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

[Central/East Auckland] Team sorting for upcoming BarFights

Started by Gankatron, November 11, 2009, 10:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

OK guys I need everyone to confirm one way or the other by lunchtime Fri, I don't mind if we shift this to Giga. I just need to know one way or the other so I can let Suzannah know what's goin' on becasue she has to plan something around what we're doing.

1. Lenny
2. Bill
3. Alan
4. Stu
5. Gino
6. Gene
7. Rorooze
8. Budafist (tbc)
9. ???
KOW 2011

fluxcore

GIGA is a bit crap since their tvs don't like older consoles, and I want to see a lot of games that aren't SFIV.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on January 28, 2010, 12:02:27 PM
GIGA is a bit crap since their tvs don't like older consoles, and I want to see a lot of games that aren't SFIV.

Yea, but it would be kinda stink to have to turn people down because we dont have the space.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

How far away do you stay. Cos im a broke cat bro. Like $17 to my name lol. And need a few bourbinos to get me in the mood (for sexy time).
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Rorooze

stereomonkey

I'll just bring my stick for just in case purposes.  Also Graeme, you need to teach your missus the are of Street Fighter :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

geneterror

Sorry Weazzy, I been REAL busy. I live in Eden Terrace, Auckland Central.
http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=charlotte+st+eden+terrace+auckland&sll=-41.244772,172.617188&sspn=9.663458,23.269043&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Charlotte+St,+Auckland,+1021&ll=-36.865511,174.75611&spn=0.009682,0.022724&z=16

Bill I know you're worried about numbers but I didn't even get enough replies to fill a list of 9 people ???

If we still doin' this at mine then we need to get a second screen sorted real fast. There is no good having 10 of us and one screen ;)
It doesn't even have to be real big. I have a 22" Samsung computer monitor but it only has DVI in and I don't have an HDMI->DVI converter. If anyone has a DVI->HDMI convertor then we can use my computer monitor.
Along the same line does anyone have a set of component cables for PS2 so we can put it on the 40". I don't mind using my RCAs but some people reckon they lag.

Lets get sorted people, I don't want to muck Suzannah around and make her change her plans for nothing. We either have 2 screens and we all just hang at mine or we have one screen and the Hamiltonians come and hang or we all fuck off to Giga but if nothing is sorted by this afternoon then my place won't be an option at all.

I've got a crazy busy day of work ahead of me, hence me posting this from work at 7am :'( but I'll check back and reply as often as I can today.

If we can sort the second screen or get a convertor for my monitor it sounds like heaps of people can bring Xbox stuff and a console?
As long as we get organised today I will send a PM tonight when I get home from work/grocery shopping with my cell number and the address.
KOW 2011

stereomonkey

Does your monitor have vga too?  If so I'll bring my vga cable if alan is still bringing his xbox. :)

Rorooze

Gene, I can bring my 32' LCD, its got component and hdmi inputs :o not sure how laggy it is though, I haven't had a chance to run guitar hero or anything on it.

Gino

Damager!
I'll bring my laggy laptop and two sticks.

fluxcore

Quote from: geneterror on January 29, 2010, 07:11:42 AM
I don't mind using my RCAs but some people reckon they lag.

Some people are idiots, too. Cables don't lag. If someone's setup lags using a particular type of cable, blame their tv/monitor. That's all there is to it.

As for everything else... uh... mommy?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

Rorooze that would be awesome.

Stu, I'm pretty shit at this stuff. The monitor has two inputs DVI (I had to look that up this morning :-[) and the old 9 or 15 pin style.
But if Rorooze can bring a monitor with HDMI and components I guess we'll be OK anyway?

So that's two screens sorted (cheers Rorooze).

So unless I hear otherwise I'll expect at least the Hamilton Crew, Gene, Lenny, Bill and Rorooze around tomorrow?

Lenny please tell me you're coming and you're bringing a PS2 stick? I have CvS2 but if we want to play Alpha 3 someone will have to bring it. I can't play "copied" disc or NTSC discs.
KOW 2011

stereomonkey

Well I'll bring the cable still if someone wants to bring their xbox.  Oh and I'll bring my eeepc with the old schoolies on it (A3,3S) ;)

stereomonkey

Quote from: Gino on January 29, 2010, 08:41:19 AM
Damager!
I'll bring my laggy laptop and two sticks.

Just bring the te, not sure about that sad laptop or stick :P