• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

NEW PLYMOUTH TOURNEY

Started by HoneyBadger, November 11, 2009, 02:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

/fail

we have given him more than enough tips and advice. Can't beleive it turned out like this @@
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

electric

Quote from: zosla on November 12, 2009, 12:02:12 PM
Can't beleive it turned out like this

Actually, I can... Not to rag on this Mark Charteris guy too much, but he didn't seem like he wanted to take much of the advice given to him from a lot of the guys here... We'll see how well he goes with the (especially) short notice and lack of community down there.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Its all a learning experience for everyone trying to run something.  Im sure therell be plenty of other chances for us to go there and play if there is a scene.  Plus we shouldn't judge him when we don't know the full story.  There may be a reason why it has ended up like this.  As far as I'm concerned, at least it's something... which is better than nothing.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

gunsmoke

Like MVC2 BlueBird tourney ...very 1st success tournament ...from 2 - 10 people....till now... ;D ;D ;D

As well as CVS2.....lol i Miss so much the old days.....NAO San Quit dang.... :'(
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

zos'la

well hope it turns out okay for him,

Skullator

Just saw Mark Charteris eliminate his mums Rose on the live stream.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Skullator on November 12, 2009, 02:24:12 PM

lol is this streaming?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

I lol'd
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

WHATEVER BRO! His mom was just off form. Best Rose in NP aint gonna fall for those wakeup DP gimmicks
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

Quote from: Smoofologist on November 13, 2009, 09:06:59 AM

WHATEVER BRO! His mom was just off form. Best Rose in NP aint gonna fall for those wakeup DP gimmicks

you do tho :P

HoneyBadger

Whaateeever! You're just jealous of my xtreme eye patch.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

Just understood everyone's reactions. As just read this thread:

http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,718.0.html

What is everyone's feelings on other cities' players joining in on regional tournaments? In Auckland they called it the Nationals so that is pretty much an invite to all other cities and it would be bizarre if there were anything Auckland exclusive as Fluxcore (a  Hamiltonian) is usually one of the key organizers/promoters.

I do remember there was some talk of drawing the line when someone mentioned Humanbomb, an accomplished Australian player was to make a trip to compete in our National Tournament but then again King Picollo who is now based in Oz was ok to compete. (although Ioane was a familiar face to those in the older NZ/Auckland Street Fighter scene.)
I have this idea that New Plymouth would not want Aucklanders dominating their tournament. I'm sure this wouldn't be the reason that this Mark organizer didn't post tournament dates here but maybe it might be for the best that their first intro to a tournament build there own scene first. It may be a bit overwhelming going from nothing to suddenly having Jo blow Naki face off against a tournament-win starved Kevin's Gief.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Mean bro , congrats J po for taking it out bro, i wana see that shit. Any vids.

Nah Mark said he wanted us there to motivate his scene on getting better, and the more people there , would create hype and get more people into the game.

Good Stuff Mark, good to see it went well.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

HoneyBadger

The thing with Humanbomb was the prize that we were giving away. It'd be kinda gay to have "NZism Champion Humanbomb" on a stick lol. Apart from that I'm pretty sure the majority of people would've liked him to waste us all and teach us some shit.

MUMMYHALA