• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

NEW PLYMOUTH TOURNEY

Started by HoneyBadger, November 11, 2009, 02:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

it was only the title that was the issue as it was intended for NZ champ.
Though if Humnbomb did make it to our nationals the decision was the title was to change to something such as trans tasman champ or whatever, wasn't much of an issue tbh instead I would of been 1xxxxxxx hyper if he would of made it. It will mean we will get to see the best of what Australia have to offer. But due to personal reasons, he couldn't make it which was a bummer.

From a personal perspective, if there was a tournament for street fighter I would think there shuold be no restrictions for entry unless you entoxicated or something out of the ordinary or you set firm rules that ONLY NZ'ders may enter or something liek that, then its a different story. but on our case we did not have such a rule pointed out in the first place.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Gino

Way off topic, but I think the next tournament should be anyone (outside of NZ) should enter. I would hate to go to ozhadou nationals or evo and have them say "Na bro, your not from here. You can't enter."

fluxcore

Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 15, 2009, 09:24:50 AM
What is everyone's feelings on other cities' players joining in on regional tournaments? In Auckland they called it the Nationals so that is pretty much an invite to all other cities and it would be bizarre if there were anything Auckland exclusive as Fluxcore (a  Hamiltonian) is usually one of the key organizers/promoters.

For what it's worth, my involvement in no way means any event must be more than just Auckland. I'd be more than happy to come up to run a tourney if it means someone like Lenny could enter rather than have to sit on the sideline.

QuoteI do remember there was some talk of drawing the line when someone mentioned Humanbomb, an accomplished Australian player was to make a trip to compete in our National Tournament but then again King Picollo who is now based in Oz was ok to compete. (although Ioane was a familiar face to those in the older NZ/Auckland Street Fighter scene.)

The eventual decision was to let anyone who wanted to enter, however since we were doing physical prizes rather than cash, there was no real interest in Australians coming (other than those who are really NZers anyway!)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Quote from: fluxcore on November 16, 2009, 09:43:22 AM
Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 15, 2009, 09:24:50 AM
What is everyone's feelings on other cities' players joining in on regional tournaments? In Auckland they called it the Nationals so that is pretty much an invite to all other cities and it would be bizarre if there were anything Auckland exclusive as Fluxcore (a  Hamiltonian) is usually one of the key organizers/promoters.

For what it's worth, my involvement in no way means any event must be more than just Auckland. I'd be more than happy to come up to run a tourney if it means someone like Lenny could enter rather than have to sit on the sideline.

QuoteI do remember there was some talk of drawing the line when someone mentioned Humanbomb, an accomplished Australian player was to make a trip to compete in our National Tournament but then again King Picollo who is now based in Oz was ok to compete. (although Ioane was a familiar face to those in the older NZ/Auckland Street Fighter scene.)

The eventual decision was to let anyone who wanted to enter, however since we were doing physical prizes rather than cash, there was no real interest in Australians coming (other than those who are really NZers anyway!)

more than accurate, I hated teh fact that organizers had to be left out of the tournament, this was on thing that disappointed me the most. The rpize wasn't much of an issue as humanbomb really wanted to have a go at us. I actually trained really hard for this in expecting him to turn up :( but then his flight was cancelled on the last week :(

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on November 16, 2009, 11:18:10 AM
I actually trained really hard for this in expecting him to turn up :( but then his flight was cancelled on the last week :(

That's really a shame. I'm sure he was just as disappointed and was training just as hard to fight against you too.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 16, 2009, 03:54:25 PM
Quote from: zosla on November 16, 2009, 11:18:10 AM
I actually trained really hard for this in expecting him to turn up :( but then his flight was cancelled on the last week :(

That's really a shame. I'm sure he was just as disappointed and was training just as hard to fight against you too.
Oh man, LOL!
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Barfights NZ 2:

Andy vs Humanbomb vs Weazzy 3-way rumble.

Weazzy & Andy would need to train up at a few blow sessions before the 3-way though.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

CHURCH OF BIRRY WONG VS REST!
BILL COAST IS ILL COAST
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

whats with the 3 way thing?
I've already proved my point during the last session to weavy, he knows exactly where he stands.

And yes From teh Vids I've seen Humanbomb playing, I can't say I can beat him, but I would definitely give him a hard time and I won't go down easily.

training all that time before the national was a sort of respect for humanbomb as I wouldn't want him to see us as a no challenge country and show him we got what it takes to take them down if they don't take us seriously.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on November 16, 2009, 05:01:31 PM
Barfights NZ 2:

Andy vs Humanbomb vs Weazzy 3-way rumble.

Weazzy & Andy would need to train up at a few blow sessions before the 3-way though.
I was just about to write that. Besides the blowing part. However i wont say no to felatio.

Fuck you Zolsa you console charactered me you cheat.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

zos'la

how did i cheat? @@ I used my 3 bitches, Chun, Sakura and Cammy only...
hmm hmmm hmmmmmm

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: zosla on November 17, 2009, 11:31:58 AM
how did i cheat? @@ I used my 3 bitches, Chun, Sakura and Cammy only...
hmm hmmm hmmmmmm
LOL, fuck your a douche bro. You couldnt spot a joke if i ejaculated one into your eye.

You didnt use Cammy on me bwoi. I didnt take those games seriously either. My mains worse than he was the first grind session, and got perfected by Mason lol.

You got me heaps with a stupid jump in hk with Sakura that i thought was a ambiguous crossup, then when Jack was like bro that never crossups i was like ohhh fucking shit.

Your still good though dont get me wrong, your just a homo about it, it's allgood though, i'm not as shit as you must think i am too.But w/e it doesnt bother me.

zos'la

but i was taking as a joke -.-
heh anwyays la.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on November 17, 2009, 08:46:52 AM

And yes From teh Vids I've seen Humanbomb playing, I can't say I can beat him, but I would definitely give him a hard time and I won't go down easily.

How do you know you "would definitely give him a hard time"? There are some things that are out of your control.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 17, 2009, 03:38:50 PM
Quote from: zosla on November 17, 2009, 08:46:52 AM

How do you know you "would definitely give him a hard time"? There are some things that are out of your control.

Exactly. Watching him and playing him are 2 different ball games. He might see your playstyle, adapt to it, and totally wipe the floor with you. You cant know, and you can barely even GUESS until youve actually had a match.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.