• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

xbox arcade sticks?

Started by CoffinDrop1, November 26, 2009, 03:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffinDrop1

Does anyone have any arcade sticks for xbox?

I have a modded xbox with MAME games and I'm wanting to hook up a SF Hyper comp at work as we have a few old skoolers here that are keen to bust out their old moves lol.

Was wondering if anyone had any sticks that work with the xbox that I could possibly borrow for it - happy to pay a rental fee - no button mashers will be attending.

stereomonkey

Aww man, thats gonna be one find thing to find.

Is it not possible to play the games on a laptop/netbook?  That way you can use most usb sticks.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CoffinDrop1

Oh yeah true thanks Stereo I didnt even think of that. I will check in with the guys here at work Im pretty sure we could rock up with that kind of set up / lappy or netbk and hook it up to a Projector.

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

lucky guy, get to play at work!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man you shoulda seen the shit I used to at work. Traffic controlling a busy intersection sipping on a 40 cursing at old people hollering at chicks walking with their bf's.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: zosla on November 27, 2009, 07:57:39 AM
lucky guy, get to play at work!!!
hehe nah we want to do it afer work - use the work projectors and big training rooms for some SF.

Lennysaurus

on another note.  The newer type of oldschool xbox controller (The S Type I believe they are called?) are common ground and are easy to hack.

Nice big fat solder points on them.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

budafist

I'd be cool with you borrowing (almost typed birrywong lol) mine
I got a hori EX and a homemade 1, both work sweet as.
doubt you'd get anyone lending their TE's anyway ;)
Im not on Xbox Live Gold atm so I wont miss them for a day or 2.

send me pm to suss it out.

The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

HoneyBadger

I think he means old xbox bro ><
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

budafist

oh, true. haha I always assume 'xbox' means '360'
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

massi4h

Same here. I go into eb games and say I'd like to buy guitar hero world tour for xbox. Both workers look at eachother for a bit with a puzzled look, then turn back to me and say 360? I mean cmon.

Gino

I used 2xPS2->Xbox 1 adapters. You can even mod the adapters to work on PC and XBOX

CoffinDrop1

Thanks for offering Buda. Also cheers for the tips Lenny and Gino - will look into it further.