• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Joystick (Top of the line)

Started by B BOY DRAW2, December 11, 2009, 11:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B BOY DRAW2

Just putting it out there...spotted this...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Gaming/Arcade-pinball-machines/Parts/auction-259265307.htm

Dunno bout his write up though...

"They can be easily swapped between 8-way and true 4-way mode by rotating the restrictor plate at the bottom of the assembly."

"You can also increase the spring pressure by removing and stretching the spring, which is accessed by undoing the 4 screws at the top of the mounting plate."

Okay...I had to buy an octagonal gate, and I purchased another spring..smaller to fit inside the Sanwa spring (Seimitsu LS-22 spring I think...?)to make it stiffer.
And did NOT unscrew anything, but popped off the E-clip on the bottom of the joystick...

But anyways...thought I'd link it if anyone was interested :)
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

fluxcore

I reckon with the exchange rate you could probably import a JLF for cheaper these days.

BTW 8-way is not octagonal. 8-way is 'square'.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

Yeah 8-way can be circle, square or octagonal gate.

But yes that stick can be adjusted for 4 way (it ships as 8 way).
In 4-way mode prevents you from using the diagonals - so not helpful for a fighter.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

B BOY DRAW2

I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

maelgrim

where do you think I got my info from  ;)
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

fluxcore

yeah, brain fart. I don't know why anyone would want to get used to octagonal though, just means you can't use 90% of the sticks out there anymore.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Barnstorm

Quote from: fluxcore on December 13, 2009, 09:58:08 AM
yeah, brain fart. I don't know why anyone would want to get used to octagonal though, just means you can't use 90% of the sticks out there anymore.

its generally for the americans who are used to happs which have no restrictor plate

you lose a small amount of diagonal movement in the joystick (as a percentage of the whole stick)