• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

anyone know how to mod pads?

Started by CrazyMobius, December 19, 2009, 05:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

i wanna modify my saturn pad to work on ps2. is this a simple task?

stereomonkey

Ummmm... I think it will be extremely hard.

You would have to hack a PS2 pcb, put it inside the Saturn pad and make the Saturn buttons/directions work with the PS2 psb.

There use to be Saturn->PS2 converters on playasia a longtime ago.  Look on trademe or ebay for them otherwise try to hack you pads.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 19, 2009, 05:56:34 PM

You would have to hack a PS2 pcb, put it inside the Saturn pad and make the Saturn buttons/directions work with the PS2 psb.

There use to be Saturn->PS2 converters on playasia a longtime ago.  Look on trademe or ebay for them otherwise try to hack you pads.

Really? I thought it would be simple as people are making sticks from scratch all the time. Man nothing is ever easy.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on December 19, 2009, 06:11:19 PM
Quote from: stereomonkey on December 19, 2009, 05:56:34 PM

Really? I thought it would be simple as people are making sticks from scratch all the time. Man nothing is ever easy.

Its the same principle, the difference being you have a much smaller workspace inside the saturn pad than in a stick to make all the connections etc. Definitely doable, just fiddly as a motherfucker.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

In all practical terms, impossible, at least without a converter.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Yup.  People have made controllers work for other consoles (ie benhack ) but unless your very good with electronics then it is impossible.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

also I just realised it doesn't have a 'select' button.