• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Arcadia January Top 10 + Summary

Started by maelgrim, December 24, 2009, 01:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelgrim

This may be of interest to some (though a few weeks old now)
http://www.versuscity.net/2009/11/30/arcadia-january-top-10-summary/

including top 10 Japan arcade list

1. Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
2. Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam VS Gundam NEXT
3. Melty Blood: Actress Again
4. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (+1)
5. Blazblue (-1)
6. Street Fighter 4 (+1)
7. Virtua Fighter 5R (-1)
8. Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike (NEW)
9. Senko no Ronde DUO (-1)
10. King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

fluxcore

other than #2 and #3 I'd pretty much agree
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

#3 i would disagree with. Not a big tekken player but i understand its popularity. GvG NEXT is fucking incredible. I wish yifans had that shit.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

True , this list never changes, except sf4 and VF.

Somebody tried to bring this up in a argument on SF4 vs T6. Charts dont sway my opinions. I mean just take a look at the Music charts lmfao.

''If you go platinum its got nothing to do with luck, it just means a million people are stupid as fuck''  -Immortal Technique
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

electric

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 24, 2009, 02:35:43 PM
True , this list never changes, except sf4 and VF.

Somebody tried to bring this up in a argument on SF4 vs T6. Charts dont sway my opinions. I mean just take a look at the Music charts lmfao.

''If you go platinum its got nothing to do with luck, it just means a million people are stupid as fuck''  -Immortal Technique

I would agree with that, IF it wasn't the Japanese Arcade scene. 99% of popular music is absolute horse shit, but it's still those guys who make the most money

Japan knows what they're talking about when it comes to arcade fighters lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Nah you dont get what i'm saying bro.

You could look at the music charts in mutha fucking Brooklyn,NYC and tween girly shit still owns.

Man look at all the rappers spitting nursery rhymes high up in the charts. When niggas like Immortal Technique were unsigned and rapping brains with pure lyrical genius.

Your statement is like saying black people know there hip hop, when it's obvious half of them is mainstream clowns that dont know shit.

I might of gone off topic a bit, but this wasnt going anywhere anyways.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

This chart is just showing the most popular stuff in Japan. Its statistical. Peoples opinions are always going to differ. Its just interesting stats to look at. Nothing more, nothing less.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Nah Yeah, and I lied. If SF4 was #1 i probably wouldn't like it, cos ima jackass.

Fucking chart bangers fo lyfe.

CrazyMobius

Oh well I've only played (and will probably only ever play) two of the games on that list. And they both start with the word Street.

!DIABLO GTR!

I'm confused... I was under the impression that SF4 should be matching Tekken, or at least be under it in the worst case. And WTF is that Gundam sh!T?  :)

I wasn't aware that there was a new version of Senko no Ronde. Awesome. Too bad we'll never see that sh!T over here. And I don't have a XBAWKs...  :(

GGXXAC should really be no.3 IMO.

PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

Hydro

I'm actually really interested in playing GGXX etc again, GGXX#AC looks like a great installment, what with Testament being top tier n all (Used to play him on GGXX#R)

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: hydrokinesis on December 27, 2009, 09:17:39 AM
I'm actually really interested in playing GGXX etc again, GGXX#AC looks like a great installment, what with Testament being top tier n all (Used to play him on GGXX#R)
Mid screen 214P loop, lol...

I liked it because Millia was more rushdown than she was in #R. Air attack into air dash cancel FB disc anyone? :) And Zappa is a total rushdown beast with the 3 ghost.

I remember beating XBAWK hat guy's Sol with Zappa's 3 Ghost in #R once, he didn't look too happy...  :) FRC Ghost X 10000000000000000000. In the corner. j.HS X 100000000000000000000   ;D
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

fluxcore

Feb list, t6 has been #1 for an entire year straight!

Video Games
1. Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
2. Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam VS Gundam NEXT
3. Blazblue: Continuum Shift (NEW)
4. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
5. Melty Blood: Actress Again (NEW)
6. King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match (+4)
7. Virtua Fighter 5R
8. Senko no Ronde DUO (+1)
9. Street Fighter IV (-2)
10. Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Wow wah wee wow.

So, chicks dont play T6. Or do they?

Heres my excuses.

Theres probably more Tekken 6 machines. Like NZ even.
People probably go to the Arcade and put there money in the game that has the best graphics, and it looks the newest.
They put their money in the wrong machine by accident.
It's a bunch of button mashers oooing and aahing at the cool moves button mashing does.
Most of the sf4 players are now in Jail. Or they are busy with sex,drugs and sex.

electric

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 29, 2009, 01:36:22 PM
They put their money in the wrong machine by accident.

I like this one lol

"Oh fuck... that's the Tekken 6 machine ? I thought it was a vending machine for school girl panties"
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla