• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

what sticks and pushbuttons do they use in auckland arcades with sf4

Started by baka101, January 03, 2010, 01:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gino

Quote from: baka101 on January 04, 2010, 04:52:03 PM
Yeh only having one stick HRAP3 and living 4-5 hours away is my biggest downfall.  My sister and I eventually moving to auckland this year not sure of a date though, so I can finally starting playing SF4 instead of just playing with scrubs on console etc and that is like 5-6 people max at any of there places.  I had fun versing the ones in Hamilton they aint really that hard, I never saw any asians or Gino for that matter.  But they probably arrive on the busy days.

It might have helped if you left a message saying when you were going to come up and I would have made the effort to be there. The Hamilton machine is gone to crap again anyway, one side jab doesn't work at all.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oh well, there you go Mark. A bit of communication goes a long way mate.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Hey mark, are you kyokei from GP?, I added you. I heard you were good at T6 (according to GP). Why didnt you put your name in the psn list for sf4 and T6 bro, we can help each other out, I suck at T6.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

baka101

Quote from: Gino on January 04, 2010, 08:49:46 PM
It might have helped if you left a message saying when you were going to come up and I would have made the effort to be there. The Hamilton machine is gone to crap again anyway, one side jab doesn't work at all.

Well when eva I say hello you seem to automatically after awhile go offline on facebook, also to weazzyefff sorry I aint kyokei from GP how come you thought it was me, I use Baka101 for most usernames.  And Ill Bill it wasnt the spacing that threw me off it the looseness of the stick, I actually need to move up eventually to auckland/hamilton and get used to it.  And yeh in Hamilton they where doing flowchart ken,akuma,ryu and sagat.  I told my retarded friend here who is so scrubby and he uses ken,akuma and does the flowchart stuff, and said you werent even a gamer to me I was like wtf he is such a druggie and being in New Plymouth that is the only type you get here so hence I am dying inside being here so I am working my way out of here by getting work experience so I can say "F*ck New Plymouth" finally and actually have fun.
from arcade culture on Insomnia

Only the skilled may live -- the rest will die.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

LOL bro, WHO'S the druggy? lol.

Nah cos after every message he left
-baka
And he plays on the HRAP3 too.

But I know its not you now cos he jumped online last night, and we had a bit of a chat about ff13 lol. Man they only sign in so people can get jealous that they have ff13.

I'm gonna play yim tonight anyways so i've been practicing my 434 dss f3. Got it up to like 50 % lmfao. just found out you had to ssr on W! Man it's gonna be shame when I get owned by a GP dude.

stereomonkey

Wow, that was two random rants.

Next time post here on the forum if your coming to a arcade.  It really helps to organize something since most people here are happy to play at the arcade or even invite to their place since knowing someone is coming from outta town.  As previously people from Wellington, Christchurch and Overseas have organized to play using this forum.

I wouldn't try asking people on facebook since they probably have FB for personal socializing.  Again, if you are on a console/pc and able to play online then post up your name and peeps will give you a game.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Strangely yeah, this site's PRIMARY PURPOSE is for people to be able to drop notes saying when they are going to be at various locations so they can meet up with the people there.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

baka101

I will do that next time thanks Stereomonkey, and how can you guys help me to transition from HRAP3 to a loose stick that will be interesting. Yes random rants cause I plan to get out of this druggie town and move auckland ways.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: baka101 on January 05, 2010, 03:08:57 PM
I will do that next time thanks Stereomonkey, and how can you guys help me to transition from HRAP3 to a loose stick that will be interesting. Yes random rants cause I plan to get out of this druggie town and move auckland ways.

I thought pretty much all sticks are like the Yifans ones these days. The only two other sticks I know of are those baseball bat shaped ones and the rubber (usually blue or red) sorta knob shaped ones. Does New Plymouth have either of these?

baka101

well we do have loose as circle gate (american sticks) on marvel vs capcom 2 they aint baseball bat but the ones that the sf2 machines would have.  The yiffans probably are the same stick as my HRAP3 but due to overuse they are so loose as, which throws me off. The yiffans one and the hamilton timeout sticks are about the same looseness imo.

fluxcore

use your stick more, then it will also be loose.

or if you are lazy, try swapping your nice new(ish) stick with a worn out loose one.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

baka101

Yeh i could enquire about the loosest stick out there that is square gate.  And practice up on that. Because the competition that matters to me is always in the arcade.

stereomonkey

I think this is a moot point.  If arcade is where your wanting to find the comp then practice there but since NP don't have a SFIV cab there is no point in trying.  Stick to your stick till you move to another town since it's basically you have to get use to what is at the arcade.  Fullstop, The End, Game Over.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

Quote from: stereomonkey on January 05, 2010, 05:27:30 PM
I think this is a moot point.  If arcade is where your wanting to find the comp then practice there but since NP don't have a SFIV cab there is no point in trying.  Stick to your stick till you move to another town since it's basically you have to get use to what is at the arcade.  Fullstop, The End, Game Over.

Also when it comes to Yifans I think the competition is more of a problem than a loose stick!

Gino

Quote from: baka101 on January 05, 2010, 12:22:52 PM
Well when eva I say hello you seem to automatically after awhile go offline on facebook

Facebook email next time then, jeeze