• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

what sticks and pushbuttons do they use in auckland arcades with sf4

Started by baka101, January 03, 2010, 01:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baka101

Hey all,

Been awhile since I asked questions on forum, I went to Auckland for new years and had some games of SF4 at Yiffans.  Now I main HRAP3 the stock standard one with Sanwa joystick and Hori Buttons at home, now when I play on the arcade machine I noticed how loose the joysticks where compared to my Sanwa joystick is on my HRAP3 is this due to overuse or perhaps they are using Semitsu stick, also they would be using Sanwa push buttons right.  I ain't making excuses for bad play, but my bnb I would do at home,online at mates place and mates tourneys would not come out and I wasn't even under pressure at the arcade. So how do you practice for play in Yiffans, how does your arcade stick transition at casuals or tourneys transfer to the loose sticks at Yiffans.

Thanks

Baka101
from arcade culture on Insomnia

Only the skilled may live -- the rest will die.

stereomonkey

I think they are sanwas and probably over use.  And im sure people just get use to sticks not matter where they play.

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

baka101

I had to lose many rounds until I finally started to get used to the looseness of the sticks, even then my bnb combos after that weren't coming out like 50% of the time. So how do you Stereomonkey transition from your home arcade stick to arcade setups.

Thanks

Baka101

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Seimitsu sticks are slightly firmer than Sanwas actually.

Not entirely sure what they use at Yifan's, but I think they are Sanwa.

As for transitioning, I had a bugger of a time switching from the MCA 'fish & chips' stick to the Jap style sticks, and since I primarily use Seimitsus the Sanwas are a little weird for me. I still don't play very well on Sanwas like the TE, especially when it's not on a really firm setting like in my arcade cab. The best way to get used to these things is to play on a variety of setups as often as possible, otherwise you'll probably get set in your ways and will find it difficult using something new. Without the potential to do that, then you really can only play a lot of practice games beforehand on the new setup to get used to it, as Stu pointed out.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

baka101

Oh right yes, I know its a uphill battle.  I played as C.Viper and Rufus, against Ken,Akuma,Sagat,Blanka,Ryu in Auckland.  Yeh I only picked up C. Viper recently and yes I read that she is a advanced character for people who have been playing sf long time and got that execution down.  Also Rufus cause I heard that in Auckland not many people play against Rufus players so I gave him ago, I won against some Kens.  But then again this whole year I have been studying so never got a chance to play any sf4 only until November the 26th I was able to pick up the game and actually start practicing at home on HRAP3 in training mode getting down my execution and links, and match-ups that I was weak against and ones from tourney vids.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: baka101 on January 03, 2010, 01:36:17 PM
So how do you practice for play in Yiffans, how does your arcade stick transition at casuals or tourneys transfer to the loose sticks at Yiffans?

Thanks

Baka101

Actually usually I'm trying to transition from the Yifans sticks to my stick at home lol. I find the cabinet easier to play on because it's fixed to the machine.

baka101

Yeh it hard for me, being used to the firm sanwa stick on HRAP3 which I practice on in New Plymouth.  Then I travel to hamilton/ auckland a 4-5 drive and the loose stick throws me off, when 24 / 7 I use the HRAP3, so yeh it takes a lot of loses to start to get used to it.  But I never had the problem with my HRAP3 as I am light on it, so the transition from HRAP3 to cabinet in terms of moving about aint no problem it seems, only the loose stick.

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: baka101 on January 04, 2010, 03:21:28 PM
Yeh it hard for me, being used to the firm sanwa stick on HRAP3 which I practice on in New Plymouth.  Then I travel to hamilton/ auckland a 4-5 drive and the loose stick throws me off, when 24 / 7 I use the HRAP3, so yeh it takes a lot of loses to start to get used to it.  But I never had the problem with my HRAP3 as I am light on it, so the transition from HRAP3 to cabinet in terms of moving about aint no problem it seems, only the loose stick.

Thats strange because the HRAP 3 has the exact same stick as the cabs in yifans. Also Hraps have a very loose spring in comparison to other sanwa sticks for some strange reason. Maybe it was the height of the stick shaft? They dont have the sticks mounted to the correct height at yifans.

I own an hrap 3 if your wondering.

baka101

It might be the same one perhaps, but I am used to my stick and the stick in the arcade was way way looser, and yeh the shaft was skinner and ball top smaller.  But yeh it was the looseness that ultimately through me off, and I use HRAP3 24/7.

Lennysaurus

Yeah, part of being able to hold your own at th arcade is being able to use different sticks.

I have about 5 different sticks and regularly swap between them to make sure hat I dont get "used" to one particular stick.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

baka101

Yeh only having one stick HRAP3 and living 4-5 hours away is my biggest downfall.  My sister and I eventually moving to auckland this year not sure of a date though, so I can finally starting playing SF4 instead of just playing with scrubs on console etc and that is like 5-6 people max at any of there places.  I had fun versing the ones in Hamilton they aint really that hard, I never saw any asians or Gino for that matter.  But they probably arrive on the busy days.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: baka101 on January 04, 2010, 04:52:03 PM
Yeh only having one stick HRAP3 and living 4-5 hours away is my biggest downfall.  My sister and I eventually moving to auckland this year not sure of a date though, so I can finally starting playing SF4 instead of just playing with scrubs on console etc and that is like 5-6 people max at any of there places.  I had fun versing the ones in Hamilton they aint really that hard, I never saw any asians or Gino for that matter.  But they probably arrive on the busy days.

What are you on? PS3 or 360?

TBH, those Hamiltonian guys should of been easy, you can find there scrubby tournament somewhere here. You'll get a big surprise if you come to Auckland. I know some peeps online that will shock your pants off too.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

And lets not forget the SF4 cabs at yifans have the buttons mounted quite far apart. Its not a biggie once you get used to it/multiple sticks, but it was a HUGE difference when i first tried them when they had marvel on those machines.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.