• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

stick for pc?

Started by jpb123, January 07, 2010, 02:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[8-----D] Toots

I've used the hrap 3 on xp vista and windows 7 all on different pc's and had no problems. It's just plug and play

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Toomeke on January 07, 2010, 06:05:08 PM
I've used the hrap 3 on xp vista and windows 7 all on different pc's and had no problems. It's just plug and play
True, damn that sounds better than the ps3 TE.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[8-----D] Toots

It's slightly easier in that department but its not as good as a TE because of the buttons. A bit cheaper though

HoneyBadger

Reeeeeally easy to get a hub to fix anything. Generally if you have an intel chipset everything works shweet on PC otherwise just check sheat out.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Well I know 2 people that got FS3 and HRAP3 and they don't work on their pcs, and a hub didn't help. Your milage may vary. IMO? Save up for a TE.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on January 07, 2010, 08:28:24 PM
Well I know 2 people that got FS3 and HRAP3 and they don't work on their pcs, and a hub didn't help. Your milage may vary. IMO? Save up for a TE.

Still not 100% guaranteed to work on PC either though... but buttons and stick-wise, it IS the best you can get
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

maelgrim

Quote from: electric on January 07, 2010, 08:30:33 PM
Still not 100% guaranteed to work on PC either though... but buttons and stick-wise, it IS the best you can get

HRAP3 SA has the exact same buttons & stick + comes with better art  ;) ;D
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yeah but the buttons are in fucked up positions
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on January 07, 2010, 09:24:28 PM
yeah but the buttons are in fucked up positions

Depends on the shape of your hands.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 07, 2010, 11:21:00 PM
Depends on the shape of your hands.

LOL yup, so if your hands are all fucked up then the hori 2 layout is for you! :P
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

jpb123

a quick question!

Is it easier to focus cancel with a stick? I rebind on my 360 controller so I had 1 button to do focus attack but I "lost" Heavy kick I know forward and down + LK+MK+HK is a heavy kick. is that how you do it? or do u rebind a button on the stick aswell?

thanks again

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Nah you just get used to it how it is. And in fighting games you never surrender a whole move to make one easier, you need all buttons at your disposal.

Should of just kept the normal custom A buttons on pad. It's not hard moving your thumb to the right and pressing mp,mk.

edit: Actually xbox pad DOES suck balls. Atleast you stuck with it. My mates bought it then played it for like 5 mins, then said fuck this shit. I false advertised it cos they started off playing on ps3 pad with me.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

fluxcore

Official console pads are officially horrible imo. Pads are entirely playable for fighting games IMO, but ONLY if they have 6 buttons on the face so you can use all your fingers on the face, rather than a thumb. Unless you are one of those crazies that hook the third finger around to the triggers or whatever, I guess you could get used to that, but ughhh...

But to answer your question, focus is extremely possible on a stick, that's how 99% of the people do it :) Weazzy is an exception, apparently he just sucks at focussing on a stick.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah I can do it 100% now. Took me 2 days to learn on pad. Took me about 3 1/2 Months to learn on stick. But i had to learn the WHOLE stick and buttons scenario, like grip and pushing the right buttons subconsciously with muscle memory. Plus dashing, jumping, fb, dp, pretty much everything i had to learn again. But it is better for piano key chars. And Gief.

fluxcore

Yeah, there ARE a lot of bad habits you can get into when learning a stick, I always get a bit worried when I see people taking their hands off the stick when doing fireballs and especially charge moves. Personally I still find dashing, particularly to the left, easier on pad, but otherwise stick is the way imo