• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

stick for pc?

Started by jpb123, January 07, 2010, 02:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on January 08, 2010, 09:36:53 PM
Yeah, there ARE a lot of bad habits you can get into when learning a stick, I always get a bit worried when I see people taking their hands off the stick when doing fireballs and especially charge moves. Personally I still find dashing, particularly to the left, easier on pad, but otherwise stick is the way imo

Oh god, those people that almost look like theyre throwing the fireball themselves IRL? I tend to let go of the stick to return it to neutral, but my hand stays on it. I cringe when i see people who end their fireball with their hand 2 feet up in the  air. >_>

Reminds me of a dude i saw playing marvel who did this. (Ryu/ken/akuma) He obviously new basic stuff, but not only did he significantly move his hand from the stick after a motion, but 'mashing' in his mind was taking his palm, and smashing up and down on all the buttons.

And weazzy is right on the money. Its easier with what youre comfortable with. But once you have learned a stick, it will make things a lot easier in the long run. Transitioning between the two can be a pain, but once you learn how to use a stick you wont regret it.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Losing HK, ouch. Whenever I play on pad I swap the middles with the heavies. So I can focus with RB+RT which is fine. Main problem is xbox d-pads suck and my left hand sucks on LT/LB. And I can't raging demon very fast on pad so I instantly turn to stick which I've grown up with lol.

dbznz2000

Hey guys, I need your help,

I recently bought a PS3 TE Fightstick for my PS3. However, I have SF4 on my PC and have tried to get it to work on it, but no luck. My PC can see the stick but the buttons are not registering. Any help would be much appreciated. Have looked and tried SRK.com for solutions, but none of them have helped so far :(

My System:

Intel i7 860 CPU
MSI GD-65 P55 motherboard
1 TB HDD
ATI Radeon 4870X2
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 64-bit O

Lennysaurus

Quote from: dbznz2000 on April 14, 2010, 06:49:21 PM
Hey guys, I need your help,

I recently bought a PS3 TE Fightstick for my PS3. However, I have SF4 on my PC and have tried to get it to work on it, but no luck. My PC can see the stick but the buttons are not registering. Any help would be much appreciated. Have looked and tried SRK.com for solutions, but none of them have helped so far :(

My System:

Intel i7 860 CPU
1 TB HDD
ATI Radeon 4870X2
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 64-bit O

Youre shit out of luck sorry Bro.

The PS3 version of the fight sticks dont work on certain usb chipsets.  Youre only option is to get an addon pci usb card, and make sure it is VIA  brand.  THeyre like 20 bucks at most and can be picked up at youre local PC retailer, and possibly Dick smiths.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

dbznz2000

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on April 14, 2010, 07:02:05 PM
Youre shit out of luck sorry Bro.

The PS3 version of the fight sticks dont work on certain usb chipsets.  Youre only option is to get an addon pci usb card, and make sure it is VIA  brand.  THeyre like 20 bucks at most and can be picked up at youre local PC retailer, and possibly Dick smiths.

That's what I did bro. I bought me a VIA chipset add on PCI card and installed it in my PC. The Fightstick then does not register at all. Just get an error message saying 'USB device not recognized' :( wonder what's wrong...

zos'la

MSI MB are not really my liking..I haven't had any issues with Assus/ Gigabyte boards so far.
Plus with teh spec you got on your PC... I am sure you can get a better MB.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

I know people whose HORIs won't work on gigabyte mobos, but a TE does...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Lol that rig is pretty beast.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

This....
Intel i7 860 CPU
1 TB HDD
ATI Radeon 4870X2
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 64-bit O

///======

lol compare it with mine...

Pentium Dual Core 2.2 GHZ
Assus P5B MB
3 gigs DDR2 667
Assus GeForce 8600 GT, 512MB DDR2
1.25 TB HDD
Win 7 32 bit OS
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

electric

I wouldn't be surprised if Windows 7 64 bit was doing some freaky shit with drivers... If possible, I'd try reverting to 32 bit Windows 7 and trying that... yeah, that may be a bit of a drag, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the issue was
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

Well, I know it is possible for a PS3 TE to work on win7 64bit, but it could still be your mobo/drivers.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

I have an Intel P55 mobo and Win7 64bit, mine worked straight away, no having to install drivers or anything. I just plugged in the TE it detected it as a gamepad and that was it, sorted.
KOW 2011

dbznz2000

Quote from: geneterror on April 15, 2010, 11:09:17 AM
I have an Intel P55 mobo and Win7 64bit, mine worked straight away, no having to install drivers or anything. I just plugged in the TE it detected it as a gamepad and that was it, sorted.

What kind of motherboard is yours dude? I'm kinda having second thoughts on replacing mine. Really want this stick to work on my pc, otherwise I'm gonna have to wait a few more days till SSF4 comes out on PS3.

geneterror

Let me check this weekend when I'm home and I'll let you know.
KOW 2011