• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

BEHOLD! THE GHETTOBOX!

Started by [NIUE] BIRRY WONG, January 17, 2010, 07:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im genuinely impressed with myself. Still need to paint it, and get me a polycarbonate/plexiglass top and some art, but it came out pretty damn well.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

electric

That looks fucking tight Bill... great stuff bro - any particular reason why you used the claw button layout as opposed to the TE/Viewlix layout ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

Pretty good for a first effort! But yeah, that layout???

Also I take it you're going to make the plexi the same size as the ENTIRE top rather than it be flush with the sides? This may be annoying unless you secure the plexi at the edges...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The Layout:

Went with the Blast City layout simply because it worked with Sanwa nuts without me having to measure extra space out. I needed to be using Screw-in buttons because the buttons are mounted on 2 3mm pieces of MDF(Soon to be replaced with 1 piece of MDF, and the plexi.), and standard snap in buttons wont work with a 6mm control panel. But to be honest, the slanted layout is just as comfortable as the viewlix for me. (My fingers are fucked up lengths) And since Yifans uses a slanted layout on all their machines, im used to it anyway, and it doesnt make that much difference to me.

The Plexi:

Since i can get polycarbonate that is 3mm thick, i was just going to replace one of the MDF panels that the buttons are mounted on with it. (horrendous sentence) I plan on redrilling another 3mm piece of MDF WITH the plexi, since then i wont have button alignment issues. I might even measure out a viewlix layout that works with Sanwa nuts if i can be bothered.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

whats the 3rd button at the front for bro ?

Looks good for a home made stick , I hate the claw layout but its your stick so good shit dude .

Wayyyy better than I could do !!!!!!!!!!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its the PS3 home button. Which, i was annoyed to discover, DOESNT turn the PS3 on when you hold it down like it does on the normal controllers. >_>
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 17, 2010, 10:17:58 PM
Its the PS3 home button. Which, i was annoyed to discover, DOESNT turn the PS3 on when you hold it down like it does on the normal controllers. >_>

Nope :( the PS3 stops power to it's USB ports when it's off, so no USB controller can turn it on :(

Genuinely impressed over here mate... it ALMOST makes me want to not be hopeless and try something like this. Almost...
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

samurai black

yeah fuck, bill got his shit sorted and now i wanna try this kinda madness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Surprisingly simple. Slagcoin.com motivated me pretty well.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.