• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

HRAP PRO V3, V

Started by maelgrim, January 19, 2010, 01:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelgrim

Probably not news as I think info has been around for a wee while, though I only just found it :)

Here is a side by side pic of the HRAP V3 & PRO V
http://grokinfullness.com/tgs2009/DSC_0906.JPG

And also I see the HRAP PRO.V3 SA is available
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-3nvh.html

note they have ditched the old curved button layout

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

electric

Good stuff! I definitely preferred it in white though... that matte black looks kinda cheap IMO... I'd love to read some reviews of this thing once some people start picking it up... the wrist rest area looks a little small from that picture
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Wow I dont like it.

Start button on the right is weird.  Probably an unsafe place to put it when youre doing the monster mash out of whatever combo.

Also they need to move all those extra buttons to the side or front of the stick to make it easier to add artwork/plexi etc.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

Start button on the right kinda weirds me out too, but by the looks of things, they're going for the arcade panel layout. I guess I like it because it's different. Also, fuck the monster mash lol

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 19, 2010, 02:10:10 PM
Also they need to move all those extra buttons to the side or front of the stick to make it easier to add artwork/plexi etc.

Are you talking about the top turbo controls ? I don't think they'd get in the way since they're raised above the actual button/stick "panel" ... but if you mean the start button, then yeah lol.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

VX looks a lot better imo
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

only pic I could find of the VX (for 360)
HTTP://grokinfullness.com/tgs2009/DSC_0887.JPG

At least it doesn't have a weirdly placed start button.
Though unsure if there will be a SA version.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Lennysaurus

Quote from: electric on January 19, 2010, 02:17:03 PM

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 19, 2010, 02:10:10 PM

Are you talking about the top turbo controls ? I don't think they'd get in the way since they're raised above the actual button/stick "panel" ... but if you mean the start button, then yeah lol.

I mean the actual raised part.  Look at all the real estate it takes up on that stick.  Thats all prime real estate for cool artwork wasted on raised plastic.

Ill keep my TE and my HRAP 3 over that tbh.

geneterror

I love the fucking huge panel on the TE sticks, primo artwork area esecially if you get rid of the stupid bevelled part and go full coverage!
KOW 2011

stereomonkey

I reckon the same Lenny and Graeme... That stick waste so much room and looks retard with the start button being there.  I think the TE sticks are the top level of how a manufactured made stick is suppose to look like.  Not that piece of trash :-\
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

lol I wouldnt call it a peice of trash.. that a bit harsh. 

Im sure its feels great and is a great stick to use.  But I just prefer TE and HRAP/2/3 atm.  Who know, I might get my hands on one and end up converted.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

I quite like this stick .
The white one looks pretty sexy I thought .
Glad that the horrendous claw layout has been dumped ,
looks like a cool stick , tho like everyone else why have the friggn start button there instead of at the front ?
Geeeeez
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

maelgrim

Must admit I do like the look of the HRAPV
aside from the start button.
The HRAPs have always felt nice & meaty.

Though the Marvel vs Capcom TE is also tempting.
Luckily can't afford a 2nd stick at the moment, but looks like there will be a good selection when I can.