• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Cloud LAN 01 - AH Pro Circuit NZ Stop 1

Started by Midnite, January 31, 2010, 11:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Midnite on February 04, 2010, 10:41:39 PM
Yea I'm very torn between the idea. Was putting it out there as an option for pad users. For the time being I'll sit back and see what peoples responses are. I've registered on TZ and as soon as the stupid 48 hour wait period is over and I'll try to be a bit more involved across the various communities to not only benefit this event but the future ones also.
Sweet man. Welcome to the community also  :)
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Will

Sounds like everyones excited which is good, sick of certain people trying to bring this event down for stupid reasons, also the projectors will be fine dont worry about them if we do use them for playing on (not to sure) they will be lag free as the organizers know what they want equipment wise.
Learning....

Barnstorm

its hard to get a lag free projector

and most people play on monitor and others can watch the projector thats usually how it works but the main issue comes in here when trying to relay the picture to big screen

this was a problem at evo apparently

Midnite

Ok guys, I've got a task of you lot. I need 1 or 2 people who are confident with their words who will commentate both the SF4 and T6 tournaments. So long as you have a grasp of the english language, have a sense of humour and know your stuff then you'll do fine. Message me here if you are interested and we'll see how things go.

massi4h

Does commentating get free entry? If so yes please lol. But seriously I'd probably be keen to try it out.

samurai black

after a few drinks ill have all sorts of terrible things to say.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I have to nominate smoof and u-man. It might not be professional, but it will be the most hype commentary ever.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Gino

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 06, 2010, 10:12:04 PM
I have to nominate smoof and u-man. It might not be professional, but it will be the most hype commentary ever.

I for one welcome our commentary overlords

stereomonkey

What are you, a bloody donkey... They would fit more as the over hype cheer leaders for everybody.  Just like the ones that follow Justin Wong :P

Leonard, Alan, Ben, James (Hyrdo), Bill... preferably someone from the last three should be the ones to commentate street fighter.  Only since Leo and Alan are not big fans of the game atm.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

The general idea is to get one play-by-play guy who is calling the game, and one colour guy who talks the random shit and makes hype. So unless smoof or euan want to do play-by-play, I'm not so sure it would work that well :)

As for me commentating, hahahah... anyway, I might be running the brackets, which would make it hard.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

April hmmmmm... May be able to swing it.

I'll see if anyone else from CHCH is keen to come.

I was expecting the next tourney to be a SSF4 one run by NZism. I also liked the low entry fee of the last tourney for casuals to join the fray. Not a chance in hell for me to take the title, so it would be $50 on top of flying up there and accommodation (possibly) just for the experience.

But if the turn out is the same or bigger than the last RvB jam I was at it would be worth it. Especially if it's over a couple of days with people bring other games, consoles and what not. I do hope locals make an effort to prove that the fighting game community is one worth supporting.

It might be the last get together I can make for a while since I'm heading to Germany for 2 months in July then stopping over in Japan on the way back for a couple o days.

Hmmmmmm......  :-\
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] weazzyefff

please, guys, stop nominating me lol.

Yeah i reckon it should be someone who's not gonna bitch about mashed DP's. No one wants to hear bitching as commentary. So yeah i nominate Euan as Chris Hu, ' you not scare, i not scare' for the hype, and Ben for the seriousness.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Midnite

With some luck this will be the first SSF4 tournament.  I know I'll be able to get a copy early I'm just not sure if it'll be a month early. Will find out in the next wee while hopefully.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Midnite on February 07, 2010, 12:29:43 PM
With some luck this will be the first SSF4 tournament.  I know I'll be able to get a copy early I'm just not sure if it'll be a month early. Will find out in the next wee while hopefully.
Man i would love you long time if you get ssf4 for this.

Midnite

Haha. Will do what I can. Got a few more things up my sleeve which will be announced shortly so make sure you all check back often!