• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Cloud LAN 01 - AH Pro Circuit NZ Stop 1

Started by Midnite, January 31, 2010, 11:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Only if it gets HEAPS of peopole will it be worth it.  Believe me, running any sort of event you want all the hardware to be the same, unless there is gonna be some MAJOR benefit from having differing consoles.  We have learned this from experience.

I have been to loads of tekken tournaments in the past, and everyone uses stick.  It really isnt worth his time and effort to change to PS3 tbh.  

Ive always wondered why they went with PS3 for EVO tbh.  XBOX is easier to work with in terms of unlockables etc etc.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Yeah, it was just something I was thinking of. Even with SF4 people were complaining about not being able to use ps pads and things, so I just assumed tekken would have the problem even worse.

Of course, the only tekken tourney I've ever been to was the one that I ran myself at TimeZone, so yeah my experience in the tekken community obviously isn't particularly solid.

Definitely sounds like 360 is fine though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

Yeah.

Honestly Allan, after all the hastle it has caused us, we must remember for next tourney to make sure that we pick a console and stick with only the one console.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

OMFG, have you's EVER used the 360 pad for a fighting game? Well? I didnt think so. F becomes DF/UF, B becomes DB/UB. 3 of my mates got SF4 after jamming at my house, really keen to get into it and get theyre revenge on me. First day the got it they stopped playing complaing about the D-Pad. I went over to show them up, and was like WTF!!!  Fuck this fucking pad. I've said this a thousand times here. Is there a reason for you's ignoring this MAJOR factor. I can only imagine how many more people would've seriously gotten into this game if shitbox had done there fucking research on other genres besides FPS.

I used to play T4/T5.0 hardout with a group of my mates. We went to console tournies at Gamesman/Central park. None of us even had internet. But i won a T4 one on PS3 that had shitload of cunts playing. The prize was a $1000 PS2 package FFS.

Go with PS3, EVO not stupid.

Thats if you want this event to be big. Or you might aswell have it at TZ. Doesnt bother me. Just dont be stupid.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

xpunch did well playing on the xbox pad. I doubt he wouldve done as well on the ps3 pad. If youre used to it, youre going to do better on it. plain and simple. Going full PS3 will piss of xbox pad players, and the opposite will piss off PS3 pad players. And doing both is a pain in the ass.

Theres no winning in this situation.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

In the end it should be stick only.  It's the universal peripheral for all fighting games and the highest percentage of players will play on stick.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Barnstorm

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 04, 2010, 06:18:15 PM
xpunch did well playing on the xbox pad. I doubt he wouldve done as well on the ps3 pad. If youre used to it, youre going to do better on it. plain and simple. Going full PS3 will piss of xbox pad players, and the opposite will piss off PS3 pad players. And doing both is a pain in the ass.

Theres no winning in this situation.

stick or gtfo

sorted

geneterror

KOW 2011

stereomonkey

Previous post deleted due to continuous rant.  Lets get back on the topic at hand.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

WHAT!!! man that post was def on Topic, and had very good points in it that would of made midnite think too. 

God fuck!!! What a fucking waste of fucking time. Blow me.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Midnite

For those looking at flights vs cart from Welly. My original flights cost $118 return. Since then I had to change the dates costing an extra $90. Total time in the air is 1.5 hours and my time is worth more than saving a bit road tripping. Didn't event need grab a seat either.

And really stoked about the tekken news. Could someone please link me to the thread on TZ (I have never been on their board) and also if any of you have anything you really want to see at this event please either post it or message me. I am relatively confident I'll provide for you guys adequately with Flux's assistance and input however I want to run these events regularly (should have 2-3 more lined up for 2010) so want to really support the fighting community as best I can.

Cheers guys  :D

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Hey thats good to hear man. Heres the TZ link. I think it starts a few pages back.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com:80/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4065695#post4065695

Keep us updated on that SSF4 promo code and that.

Midnite

Cheers dude.

OK guys I've found a solution. But only if the PS3 pad players pay in advance for the event. It will ultimately reduce the overall prize pool for the first event but I'm more than happy to pay 50% of the cost.
http://www.extreme-mods.com/XCM-Cross-Fire-Converter-for-Xbox-360-p/xb360-xcmcrossfireconverter.htm
This allows PS3 controllers to be used on a 360. I don't believe there is any lag (from reviews) and seems to work perfectly. I would ultimately have to pick up 2 incase of a PS3 pad vs PS3 pad however it is a one time expense. (Works out to be $115 NZD plus shipping)

If this is something that will get a much larger turnout then let PS3 pad players know, get them in this thread, get them to prepay and you guys will have one sick T6 comp at the event.

fluxcore

There's also a PS2->360 converter which may be a possibility... "XConverter 360".

As for the converter you're talking about, from the Shoryuken thread at http://www.shoryuken.com/archive/index.php/t-181251.html the jury didn't seem to have reached a verdict on how good they are. I'd really hate to get prepays from people for the ability to use PS3 pads and then have a suboptimal outcome for them...

It would really be easier to use PS3s, but I understand how sponsorship deals go.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Midnite

Yea I'm very torn between the idea. Was putting it out there as an option for pad users. For the time being I'll sit back and see what peoples responses are. I've registered on TZ and as soon as the stupid 48 hour wait period is over and I'll try to be a bit more involved across the various communities to not only benefit this event but the future ones also.