• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 and MvC3 mashup Every Thursday, weekly ranbats and casuals

Started by CptMunta, February 05, 2010, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redtie

Sup!

I can't host this week as I am moving back to my parents place for the christmas.

CptMunta

No worries man. :) My place mashup Friday 8pm start. Bring your goodies over will be awesome! No ranbats till we get dual mod action happening. I'm keen on more marvel and blazblue. Been playing carl on Blazblue he's hella tricky. And super of course. :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Nick4now

Sweet! Damn I played BlazBlue for the 1st time last week at mashups and Andy totally destroyed me  >:( I'll give it go some more and look for a character that I'm gonna main.

Hmmmm... What's a good character to start off with to just learn the mechanics? Never really played Guilty Gear either if that game is similar.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

CptMunta

redtie

Sorry about that I completely forgot hah. OK so vpgames is so cheap for SE sticks its not funny. I'm going to pick one up for 100USD shipping included which comes out to be around 130 NZD.

Well I'll put the pricelist up so I can convince one of you guys to buy a stick and share the shipping cost  8)

Enjoy!

360:

Hori Fight stick $45 USD
Hori Pro-Ex $105 USD
SE $40 USD
TE $120 USD (Not many left)
Fight pad $23 USD (Prices vary between character models this was the cheapest I saw)

PS3:

DreamGear Stick $45 USD
Hori Fightstick $40 USD
HRAP 3 $80 USD
TE $120 USD
SE $40 USD
Fight pad $23 USD (Prices vary between character models this was the cheapest I saw)
Mayflash $32 USD

The TE's I listed are the first rounds, they do have round 2 one's but they are more expensive.

Nick4now

GGs everyone last night! Man I don't get BlazBlue at all   :-\ GGs Marc, I used to be scared of EX Soul Spiral on wake up until I found out that I could snuff it with a cr.lk  ;D Also very nice Dee Jay but I think you're right, after 1 game it's basically DL complete lol

Also thanks for the DC Marc/Horst, now I can finally practice some CVS2  ;D Also starting to learn MVC2 too but fucking hell gotta unlock the rest of the chars first  >:( Also did the DC version have a different soundtrack to the Arcade version or does Horst's copy have a custom soundtrack? Loaded up the game expecting to be taken for a ride but never happened  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CptMunta

Yeah man goodtimes  :) I was pretty taxed by the time Super Turbo came round but was lots of fun. Glad I could show you guys the maddness that is IK+. Yeah Blazblue, I don't get it either and I really wish I did. I have fun on 1p mode with Carl but I just feel I'm just skating on the surface and can't grasp the core system.

Marvel was fun and I'm feeling way less overwhelmed but the amount of stuff you can do in that game with the level we are playing it it's fun, getting really creative with mixups. Assists rock! Loved playing story cannon only teams vs redtie  ;D Ryu, Ken and Dash assist Sakura for the win lol  :D Making me even more hype for Marvel3

CvS2 and 3rd strike were fun too. Oh and that other game......... Really great sets with our mains. I glad a got vengence with a perfect  ;) I want to come up with some more mixups by myself with deejay and then maybe read up about what I "should" be doing.

We should bust out SFEX2plus next week just for shits and giggles.

redtie

GGs on Friday!

So according to statistics, I should drop super and start playing tekken instead. Oh an of course ST hah. Man I'm so rusty at super its not funny. Which won't be funny if I go upto auckland and play like I did hahaha.... man need this stupid stick to get here already so I can start training properly. Marvel fun. ST fun, CVS2 fun, Super uhhhh.

Seeyous this week

Rafifty

GG's all on friday

So i knew i felt like shit when i left early, i ended up fainting and collapsed down the hallway saturday morning like 5am was found lying on the floor by my dad, had to go to the after hours surgery hospital for like half a day where they had me on a iv drip thing to have a couple litres of salt water pumped into my blood to rehydrate me, did blood tests and shit said it was a virus that caused exhaustion, been stuck in bed all weekend but feeling a bit better now though.
Steam ID: rafifty123

CptMunta

Quote from: Rafifty on November 22, 2010, 11:49:01 AM
GG's all on friday

So i knew i felt like shit when i left early, i ended up fainting and collapsed down the hallway saturday morning like 5am was found lying on the floor by my dad, had to go to the after hours surgery hospital for like half a day where they had me on a iv drip thing to have a couple litres of salt water pumped into my blood to rehydrate me, did blood tests and shit said it was a virus that caused exhaustion, been stuck in bed all weekend but feeling a bit better now though.

Woah that's hard out. Focus crumple at 5am! Man, glad you are feeling better. Rest up well Ben.

redtie

propafanda

Dam sounds like it was a good mashup gd stuff. Sorry to hear that Ben i hope you are going to be all good now, sounds like you were hit by one of the best range level 3 crumble focus attack from a secret character  :-X

CptMunta

Mashup again this week same deals. 8pm my place Friday be there etc ...  :)

redtie

Sweet sweet see yous then. My stick should be here before then, oh and has anyone got a PS2 controller I can borrow for a while?

edit: Also, I got a copy of BB:CS. Just waiting on it now