• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 and MvC3 mashup Every Thursday, weekly ranbats and casuals

Started by CptMunta, February 05, 2010, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Rorooze

You guys got anything planned for next week? I might be down there for work to do some CHCH earthquake remedial stuff :O

Nick4now

Oh snap! Hey bro I'm 90% sure we're gonna meet up at TZ again on Wednesday since it's double dollars... And might get a feed after. We also might have mashups at Redtie's place on Thursday night If you're keen for that too. We'll keep you updated on the forums  :)

GGs to everyone tonight! Shot Chocobunny for finally joining us. Good to meet you in person! I think you should start unlearning the TKCS now unless you're using EX  :D Also it's time to unassign your 3x punches/3x kicks too. lol

GGs to Ramone, I think you should just stick with Makoto. I think she was a lot more dangerous that your Chun tbh I gotta admit, you got me good in our first game. Dash Punch xx Super into Ultra was soooo damaging lol

Oh and Redtie's SE has the potential to be the most beautiful stick I've ever seen.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

redtie

Quote from: [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja on January 27, 2011, 08:56:23 PM
lol thats what you get you cheap bastard

Hahah nah its cool now. Nick and Rafifty said so. Its the Bret Hart stick.

GGs to Nick cause I was too busy playing tekken to play anyone else hohoho. Shot Ramone for the TZ cred. Don't vs Kim at daytona he is a beast.

@Rorooze, join in with the fun. I will definitely host a mash up if you are coming down. Bring your stick as we don't have many xbox sticks if you can bro.

Me and Rafifty are going to play tekken tomorrow! $2 tournament, winner gets $50 hohoho will be fun.

Chocobuny

Lol was fun, was different to anythin ive done before lol. I'm like the smallest guy there lol. On the way home Ben tried to drill in everyones name so hopefully I'll remember lol, don't count on it though I am terrible with names.

Its not even trying to unlearn the TKCS, I was trying to do like mid level strikes and they weren't coming out. Was really making me wtf sometimes lol, the height is so stupidly high now it's like right before the tip of her jump. I need to learn her new combos, I was just doing the same old shit lol.
Also I don't think I can give up my 3x punch / kick buttons! Too reliant on them now lol, they should install the buttons in the cabinet <_<;

Overall I'm pretty happy, Cammy isn't as nerfed as everyone says she is in the SRK forums, I just find it stupid that one of the reasons they got rid of TKCS because apparently it builds too much meter from full screen, and yet they give yun and yang a palm move that does the same thing zzz. Can't wait for AE on consoles, and hope you guys get the oni/ evil ryu codes.

Great meeting everyone, sorry if I didn't talk much was pretty overwhelmed lol.

geneterror

Quote from: Chocobuny on January 28, 2011, 01:40:07 AM
I just find it stupid that one of the reasons they got rid of TKCS because apparently it builds too much meter from full screen, and yet they give yun and yang a palm move that does the same thing zzz.
The differnce is palm is really slow, you could do 3 TKCS in the time it takes to recover from palm so yes palm builds meter but not at the crazy rate TKCS did. Also TKCS had little to know recovery so can't be punished from half to full screen with say an EX Psycho Crusher but if I see Yun pull out a palm at the same distance I can punish it easily with EX Psycho Crusher or EX Scissors. The difference between the moves is more than just how fast it built meter, Cammy is airborne during TKCS while Palm is grounded and once again easier to punish plus palm certainly doesn't lead to any horrible mixups.
KOW 2011

Rorooze

Sweet boys, I'll let you know if the flights get booked, at the moment it's looking like I get to go down if the boss has to go to Aussie next week, which I'm still not sure on. Chur.

Nick4now

I need to learn her new combos, I was just doing the same old shit lol.

Hmmm from what I've seen you can pretty much link any normal after her jabs/shorts. Her bnbs are probably now something like:

cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mk xx Spiral Arrow
cr.lp, st.hp xx Spiral Arrow
st.hp, cr.hp xx Spiral Arrow
st.hp, cr.hp, cr.mk xx Spiral Arrow (Not sure if this actually works. st.hp might make chars reel back too far for the cr.mk)

Like Mason said you'll have to use mk Spiral Arrow since you gotta be closer now to get two hits with hk. I'm also thinking since her normals now have less recovery maybe she can now combo into sweep? I was gonna test her out with you last night but Yun is just too fun lol

I'm like the smallest guy there lol

You're about the same size as Loomie... I think  ;D

Chocobuny

Quote from: Nick4now on January 28, 2011, 08:55:51 AM
Hmmm from what I've seen you can pretty much link any normal after her jabs/shorts. Her bnbs are probably now something like:

cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mk xx Spiral Arrow
cr.lp, st.hp xx Spiral Arrow
st.hp, cr.hp xx Spiral Arrow
st.hp, cr.hp, cr.mk xx Spiral Arrow (Not sure if this actually works. st.hp might make chars reel back too far for the cr.mk)

Like Mason said you'll have to use mk Spiral Arrow since you gotta be closer now to get two hits with hk. I'm also thinking since her normals now have less recovery maybe she can now combo into sweep? I was gonna test her out with you last night but Yun is just too fun lol

You're about the same size as Loomie... I think  ;D

Hmm yeah I was still using the HK spiral arrow as a reflex and noticed sometimes I missed out on the 2nd hit.

Her new combos have weird timings. I was using the timing for Seths light punch into medium punch and couldn't get it consistant, although I gotta admit I ended up just giving up on her new combos. It kinda sucks now that I know Cammy has a whole new kinda feel and I cant practice it at home. I know why you don't play super anymore : P.

I might go check out SRK to find out anything new with her. I hear she has some awesome frame traps but I didn't know them, and plus I don't think you are the type to mash buttons : P.

Chocobuny

Hey is someone missing $10? I might have accidently gotten it? I bought a $20 power card and I have $40 change from my $50 note.... The guy there saw $10 on the floor and assumed it had fallen out of my pocket, and I Thought so too but maybe it wasn't mine? Sorry I will give it back if anyone is missing it, totally didn't realize!

Rafifty

@chocobuny: Lol not stinging or anythin but i think that was mine, i lost 10$ but i thought it was still in the car though cuz i didnt put it in my wallet.

@redtie: ive learnt 2 juggles with jin and some pokes, im reaaddy
Steam ID: rafifty123

Chocobuny

Quote from: Rafifty on January 28, 2011, 12:52:23 PM
@chocobuny: Lol not stinging or anythin but i think that was mine, i lost 10$ but i thought it was still in the car though cuz i didnt put it in my wallet.

@redtie: ive learnt 2 juggles with jin and some pokes, im reaaddy

Alright sweet as I'll give it to ya next time I see you.

Fear my lei juggles yo.

Nick4now

Quote from: Chocobuny on January 28, 2011, 12:03:06 PM
Hmm yeah I was still using the HK spiral arrow as a reflex and noticed sometimes I missed out on the 2nd hit.

Her new combos have weird timings. I was using the timing for Seths light punch into medium punch and couldn't get it consistant, although I gotta admit I ended up just giving up on her new combos. It kinda sucks now that I know Cammy has a whole new kinda feel and I cant practice it at home. I know why you don't play super anymore : P.

I might go check out SRK to find out anything new with her. I hear she has some awesome frame traps but I didn't know them, and plus I don't think you are the type to mash buttons : P.

Pfft that's not mashing, that's well timed crouch techs lol I'll stop when you learn Counter hit setups. You actually got me a couple of times with them too haha

Chocobuny

Quote from: Nick4now on January 28, 2011, 02:34:53 PM
Pfft that's not mashing, that's well timed crouch techs lol I'll stop when you learn Counter hit setups. You actually got me a couple of times with them too haha

I know her standing medium punch into crouching medium punch is a counter hit set up, but I am so used to people mashing DP's online that I rarely use it lol.

Nick4now

Haha I was thinking of joining you guys for the Tekken tourney but I cbf right now lol besides I'm too rusty and my obsolete T5 will probably get me knocked out straight away anyways.

Back to Final Fantasy XIII. I just finished chasing that fucking little chocobo that hangs in Sazh's fro around for a Star pendant.