• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Mashmasters goodtimes

Started by CptMunta, February 16, 2010, 09:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darthfoxx

That vid is pure win. Crack up. I agree with you about Fei/Sak/Gou, basically wanted to try Gou for the wierdness but I think I'll stick with Fei, comboing into his ultra seems pretty ezmode actually, all you nd to do is hit with a FP and ultra fast enough, it's got nice range. Decent block damage with his ultra too.

propafanda

Mark if you need a hand with the timezone tourney & the super SF4 one I would be keen to get involved with it to help out. I think its a good idea but yea its soon and it will be busy for promotion and stuff.  :P

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Darthfoxx on February 21, 2010, 11:16:15 AM
That vid is pure win. Crack up. I agree with you about Fei/Sak/Gou, basically wanted to try Gou for the wierdness but I think I'll stick with Fei, comboing into his ultra seems pretty ezmode actually, all you nd to do is hit with a FP and ultra fast enough, it's got nice range. Decent block damage with his ultra too.

O_o fp -> ultra? That doesnt sound right. I know you can j.hk -> ultra. Are you talking about j.hp?

And when i say comboing into his ultra i mean like: J.hk -> hp -> flame kick -> FADC -> lk chicken wing -> ultra. Only problem with that being you only get two hits of the ultra, which isnt really worth the effort.

But yea fei is good man. Id love to see more people play him. Id also love to see more Goukens. Good luck with your shit CHCH. Hope to see you all in Auckland for the nats this year.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Darthfoxx

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 21, 2010, 12:09:21 PM
O_o fp -> ultra? That doesnt sound right. I know you can j.hk -> ultra. Are you talking about j.hp?

And when i say comboing into his ultra i mean like: J.hk -> hp -> flame kick -> FADC -> lk chicken wing -> ultra. Only problem with that being you only get two hits of the ultra, which isnt really worth the effort.
Watch this vid and check out 1:25. Crouching FP into ultra. I know it looks like a late j.FP but if you watch closely, he empty jumps into c.fp into ultra.  :)

EDIT: Might even be a c.mp.... either way, ez set up

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Awww that was his SUPER. All the ultras he did were standalone.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Darthfoxx

Aw I didn't notice! Oh Fei, why can't u have something good like that lol.

CptMunta

Quote from: propafanda on February 21, 2010, 11:41:42 AM
Mark if you need a hand with the timezone tourney & the super SF4 one I would be keen to get involved with it to help out. I think its a good idea but yea its soon and it will be busy for promotion and stuff.  :P

Sweet bro, I might take you up on the offer. I'll have to design posters/flyers. Maybe something for the SF4 machine. Then it's just making a date (Late march I reckon) and we should be good to go. I'd have to bring my laptop to sort out brackets. Maybe random seeding, Double Elimination. Might use the results to help seed the Gamestation tournament maybe. Might get some more cards from Fluxcore spread the propaganda!

Quote from: Darthfoxx on February 21, 2010, 03:52:00 PM
Aw I didn't notice! Oh Fei, why can't u have something good like that lol.

Lol Crouching MP in Ultra would be godlike. As a general rule Ultras have a really long startup and are hard to combo into from normals. Some characters are lucky to have juggling links into full ultra i.e.

Bison Jumping air to air MP MP Ultra
Rufus Jumping HK air to air Ultra
Also Standing LK Standing HK Ultra
Sagat Forward HK Antiair Ultra

There are plenty of other examples too. But they are some of the most basic commonly used ones.

Bill knows what he's on about. I think most experienced players would agree with him. I only really land Fei's Ultra from a lucky Focus attack, or to punish something. I have more fun with Sakura but Fei is pretty fun too. His FADC chicken wing combos are awesome fun. Yahee trial mode.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

redtie

Look at all the love this thread is getting. Sup Andy! Might need to take a new pic of all of us soon

Sorry boys I won't be able to make 12:30 any more. I finish uni at 3pm on Fridays.

Feilong is good. st. fierce st. fierce st fierce then sometimes cr. fierce
I've been working on him in secret.

@CptMunta
Lets cosplay to promote the timezone tourney.

CptMunta

Quote from: redtie on February 21, 2010, 08:06:55 PM
Look at all the love this thread is getting. Sup Andy! Might need to take a new pic of all of us soon

Sorry boys I won't be able to make 12:30 any more. I finish uni at 3pm on Fridays.

Feilong is good. st. fierce st. fierce st fierce then sometimes cr. fierce
I've been working on him in secret.

@CptMunta
Lets cosplay to promote the timezone tourney.

Cosplay I've pagsed Zangief, Mike Haggar alt costume styles.  ;D

It's all good man, what afternoons best suit everyone?

I'm free every afternoon except Thursday and weekends.
Unless we do it from 8pm in the evenings, only then it would be arcade only since we can play at my place afterwards since bubba sleeps. Unless you guys have a free place to play in the evening *cough 42" cough*  ;) Could even be in the weekends in the evenings.

Once we can agree on a time/day I'll rename the Mashup thread. We'll keep it the same time till all of us come to an agreement on a time the that suits everyone.

Might be moving in April to a bigger place so we can play Garage styles ala Scott's pad. Then we can move it to evening weekends. I'll hopefully pimp it out with a big screen by then too.

redtie

Haha yeah you should cosplay gief and I'll cosplay that guy drinking on giefs super turbo stage. I'll just follow you around drinking my vodka

Im going to vote for 330ish on Fridays. Its good for me AND we could possibly pull in some more players if a group of us are playing at that time because that's when all the school kids will be in TZ.

Hahahah the 42" will be available for us to use in June thats when I'll be moving back in.

Nick4now

Marc Haggar would be great but I think the original costume would look better  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CptMunta

Quote from: redtie on February 21, 2010, 11:26:09 PM
m going to vote for 330ish on Fridays. Its good for me AND we could possibly pull in some more players if a group of us are playing at that time because that's when all the school kids will be in TZ.

I'll be there around 12:30 this time and those of us who can stay will loiter around town and game till you get there. We'll then move the time the following week.  :)

I have to be home at 6 though so we can play it by ear whether we stay at Timezone or head to someones pad for more games. Bring that glorious laptop of yours and your new pimpin' Stick!

Nick that Gief isn't so flash needs more body hair. lol  ;D

propafanda

Mark hows your ideas for the timezone tourney so far.. Is it going to be similar to the money match flyer? or totaly redone from scratch?
The seeding of other random players & double elimination is going to be long as and cool. It would be good to see us in the seed results fot the gamestation tourney yea man.

What up Tamati yea another poster will be cool man of all of us =)

I'll see yas at timezone on friday guys when ever yas arrive there. I'll be there around normal 12.30 time peace.

Darthfoxx

Just ordered a HORI Fighting Stick 3 for my PC setup. Confirmed with the guy that it does work for PC, should arrive in a couple of weeks- fail shipping but its out of stock so yeah. I'll be all trained up and beasting combos and dash cancels in no time =)