• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Mashmasters goodtimes

Started by CptMunta, February 16, 2010, 09:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

love to bud but the airfare ain't looking good :(

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

nomad

Hey folks

Not sure where to post this info and I didn't want to start a new thread

Got some news on some games...no not anything SFIV

I've had word on a Marvel vs SF that might be a candidate to replace Virtua Fighter 4 if CvS2 can't be fixed
I know it's not the greatest and I can't give a definite date but it's the best we can do for now...Third Strike is unlikely

I've also just managed to secure (fingers crossed) a SFII "The New Challengers' machine for the store (if it's monitor holds up) which I will give away as a prize later in the year...perhaps around spring or a little after
I had a play of it the other day and it seems good but the monitor is old with poor colours
It wont have a new one put in as that would be cost prohibitive and good condition old monitors are hard to come by now

It first needs a clean up and to have a swiper installed so it can be used in the store but, the production dept is busy at the moment so they will get on to it when they can

Don't get too exited just yet though...at least not until it's safely in the store

I also have the two winners prizes for the SF tourney ready to pick up

fluxcore

Ah timezone, endlessly replacing all VS games with marvel vs sf :(

Same thing happened in Hamilton, we had an MvC2 cab and an XvSF cab, now there's just a MvSF :(

I don't mean this as a dig at you, nomad, just it's a shame that that's the game they have lying around - it's by far the least interesting of the VS games.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

nomad

Quote from: fluxcore on April 08, 2010, 11:40:02 AM
Ah timezone, endlessly replacing all VS games with marvel vs sf :(

Same thing happened in Hamilton, we had an MvC2 cab and an XvSF cab, now there's just a MvSF :(

I don't mean this as a dig at you, nomad, just it's a shame that that's the game they have lying around - it's by far the least interesting of the VS games.

Yeah no worries

Hopefully CvS2 can be revived and we wont need anything else

GDRom based hardware is harder to maintain than the CP systems

CptMunta

Quote from: nomad on April 08, 2010, 11:24:48 AM
Hey folks

Not sure where to post this info and I didn't want to start a new thread

Got some news on some games...no not anything SFIV

I've had word on a Marvel vs SF that might be a candidate to replace Virtua Fighter 4 if CvS2 can't be fixed
I know it's not the greatest and I can't give a definite date but it's the best we can do for now...Third Strike is unlikely

I've also just managed to secure (fingers crossed) a SFII "The New Challengers' machine for the store (if it's monitor holds up) which I will give away as a prize later in the year...perhaps around spring or a little after
I had a play of it the other day and it seems good but the monitor is old with poor colours
It wont have a new one put in as that would be cost prohibitive and good condition old monitors are hard to come by now

It first needs a clean up and to have a swiper installed so it can be used in the store but, the production dept is busy at the moment so they will get on to it when they can

Don't get too exited just yet though...at least not until it's safely in the store

Hi Nomad, Cheers for chiming in.

Super Street Fighter 2 The New Challengers would be a mint prize  :o Even better than a CPS1 SF I reckon. So many awesome boards you could put in there. Super Turbo, AvP, Puzzle Fighter, SF Alpha 2/3 If I'd win the tourney I'd no doubt become a collector.

Also I'm going to be away in Europe then Japan from Late July till 2nd of October. (No time for training lol) So I can help you put the tourney on once I get back or before I go.

Dunno if you'll get many punters playing Super SF2 for anything but novelty's sake sadly. That game is painfully slow. No question that people would compete hard out to win the cab though.  8)

As a general rule of what SF punters favorite games are here's a quick list:

CPS1:
Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting

CPS2:
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Know as Super Street Fighter 2 X in Japan)

Street Fighter Alpha 2 or 3 (Know as SF Zero 2 or 3 in Japan)

Hyper Street Fighter 2 the Anniversary Edition (This game isn't ideal because of some bugs and issues, but would get played. I think you guys had the Asia version of this cab a wee while back)

CPS3:
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike

There's a great article on Sonic Hurricane as to why:

http://sonichurricane.com/?p=263

Thanks for all your efforts man. It's great to have someone on the inside listening to the community and helping build it. Also if you're hunting CPS2 have you tried talking to Kim the Ken player at the tourney? He says he's got old school SF boards and is running them on what sounds like a Super Gun.

Also Jade from Gamestation is CPS1 and CPS2 collector (Even has a CPS2 cab at Gamestation, which has D&D, Super Turbo and Aliens Vs Predator running alot of the time). He's going to Japan to hunt for some more goodies in a couple of weeks. Maybe he could find something there. Apparently there's a few stores in Tokyo with Stacks and stacks of old school boards.

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

As long as the cps2 carts haven't suicided :<
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Nick4now

Quote from: nomad on April 08, 2010, 11:24:48 AM

Thanks Damon I'll be in on Friday sometime to pickup the prize  :)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion