• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Giga 2v2 Tournamet feed back/ talks

Started by zos'la, March 06, 2010, 09:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 07, 2010, 12:40:15 AM
Coffindrop, I really really want to get a decent match in with you. My loss was legit (ie. not because of laggy bullshit), but fuck, I haven't been that unhappy with how I played since my dismal performance at last years nats.

Not saying i wouldve won necessarily, but that shit was just plain bad.

Ill see you on psn. you bastard
Lol hey bill no dramas my friend - I totally feel ya as I know that you have been a far tougher match up than that in the past. I recall the last time we jammed at Hydro's meet up a few months back, your Fuerte was definately much more of a threat beating me fairly convincingly then. You didnt seem to settle into your game play in that particular match up. Maybe that wake up ultra put you off hehe jus kidding. But na I know how ya feel it's a major wtf moment when you know you could have played so much better. For sure my man next time we're online invites on.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on March 07, 2010, 09:44:57 AM
Lol hey bill no dramas my friend - I totally feel ya as I know that you have been a far tougher match up than that in the past. I recall the last time we jammed at Hydro's meet up a few months back, your Fuerte was definately much more of a threat beating me fairly convincingly then. You didnt seem to settle into your game play in that particular match up. Maybe that wake up ultra put you off hehe jus kidding. But na I know how ya feel it's a major wtf moment when you know you could have played so much better. For sure my man next time we're online invites on.

Nah man, no dramas. Its like i said to you afterwards, Its not like i lost to some newbie honda scrub that didnt know how to play. Just some bad form, a totally legitimate loss, have to do better next time.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

GGs guys, tourney was awesome. Shot NZTauranga for teaming up with me. Fuck you Smoof. But yeah everything was good, imo I found far less lag on the xbox we played on in casuals afterwards and I guess I found casuals more fun. But shot Andy for organising it turned out well and Giga for the venue. Good to catch up with Skullator as well, keen to Smash you soon (lol).

JackSmash

Hey awesome tournament guys, thanks so much for organizing this Andy, you the man.  :)
Thanks to Skullator and Mike for recording the matches and uploading them.

GGs to everyone and to Kevin in particular too good la! Congratulations to you and Cody.
Hope we can do something like this again soon.

Skullator

Ok.. that's one too many times.
Can somebody please tell me what the hell la means? Haha

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Skullator on March 07, 2010, 11:01:23 AM
Ok.. that's one too many times.
Can somebody please tell me what the hell la means? Haha

Its the chinese equivalent of kiwis saying "aye" at the end of everything.

E.g.: "I dunno aye" or "I dunno la"

Well thats my understanding anyway.  I guess a Maori probably shouldn't really be giving an explanation of chinese colloqualisms.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

HoneyBadger

Hmm you can't use la at the end of questions like aye =P
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

karizzma

GG guys. Grats to wearenoobs (pretty sure that was the team name) for winning and to every1 who participated in the torny, was quite an interesting experience for sure. Was good to match more faces to the names (even though I knew most of them) and to talk with every1. Good catching up with you coffindrop man and team 100hands. Also talking with Ill_Bill bout Fuerte and lenny is always fun lol. Team SAS (South Auckland Scrubs) also thanks the organizers and admins of the torny, cheers for that guys.

BTW: we used to use "la" in CS to mean like "Whats up la?"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

People should just talk in english on this primarily english-speaking forum.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

ggs to everyone yesterday .
Kinda sucked having to play kevin and cody first up so we went straight to loosers but ah well .

Was a fun day  and thats what its all about for me

oi and stop drinking all my nestea from giga you rat bastards !!!!!!!!!!!  ;D
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Skullator

Requesting screenshot of the bracket \ the bracket be posted.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on March 07, 2010, 11:45:11 AM
ggs to everyone yesterday .
Kinda sucked having to play kevin and cody first up so we went straight to loosers but ah well .

Was a fun day  and thats what its all about for me

oi and stop drinking all my nestea from giga you rat bastards !!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

That Honey Pear nestea was fucking damager.

But bro we need to get on the Yanjings more often.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 07, 2010, 12:09:20 PM
That Honey Pear nestea was fucking damager.

But bro we need to get on the Yanjings more often.

you like those don't you boyz? helps to manifest xD lawl.

Well I just hope everyone had a good time and experience, Tournament nerves are something you will get used to after a while.  Skullator... you really have to stop shaking, LOL

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.