• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Giga 2v2 Tournamet feed back/ talks

Started by zos'la, March 06, 2010, 09:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

zos'la

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on March 07, 2010, 06:10:32 PM
cheers for the beers too andy !!!!!

all good bud, just hope everyone's happy^^

xpunch

gg's to every1 we played, it sucked getting knocked outa the tourny so fast damn you mike and thomas you knocked so many of us outa the tourny lol massiah and ross me and sol, smoof and ben,  i really needa ps3 or a decent pc to get sum games in with more NZism boyz, shot Andy and the helpers it was a good day and i rekon it ran smoothly. also cheers for the bottle of 'high official manifestations' Andy lol made my day bro.

Cheers sol for the partner up's, every1z up skilled heaps esp kevins gief so scary. awesome fights i liked were jacksmash vs zosla, skullator vs cody, fong and his balrog match ups, and watchn kevins beast gief.

Also thanks to the community for voting me as the most valuable improved player  haha i always wanted a legit copy of street fighter 4 but cud neva afford it thanks guys.

Skullator

Quote from: xpunch on March 07, 2010, 08:55:30 PM
gg's to every1 we played, it sucked getting knocked outa the tourny so fast damn you mike and thomas you knocked so many of us outa the tourny lol massiah and ross me and sol, smoof and ben,  i really needa ps3 or a decent pc to get sum games in with more NZism boyz, shot Andy and the helpers it was a good day and i rekon it ran smoothly. also cheers for the bottle of 'high official manifestations' Andy lol made my day bro.

Cheers sol for the partner up's, every1z up skilled heaps esp kevins gief so scary. awesome fights i liked were jacksmash vs zosla, skullator vs cody, fong and his balrog match ups, and watchn kevins beast gief.

Also thanks to the community for voting me as the most valuable improved player  haha i always wanted a legit copy of street fighter 4 but cud neva afford it thanks guys.

You were awesome bro! And believe me.. Mike and I would of been much happier not getting Andy and Hue right off the bat and having to go to losers to peace people out ;[

Look forward to more games at Ranbats some time! And hopefully I can put the boxer high block tip you gave me into practice..

And wow I can't belive a copy of SFIV actually went to somebody who didn't have one already! That's awesome man ;D

HoneyBadger

Yeah I was sick as fuck at that tourney most of my time in between matches was me trying to catch my breath hahahaha. I had a pretty shitty night beforehand as well hahaha. I also think it would be cool to run the tourneys on big CRTs, I know it looks ugly but it's definitely easier than using gay TVs with big lag, also gives us one less thing to complain about. :3
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Skullator

Can somebody remind me which characters Jacksmash and Fong used?

massi4h

Jack played Akuma and Fong played Balrog (Boxer).

Well I know Giga have PC monitors and I'm sure they should play fine. I remember getting no complaints at Fong's place when I set up my 20" LCD monitor. It was one of the monitors used in WCG 2008 for the CS tournament so I'm pretty happy with it being 2ms and not noticing any lag. Although atm I'm really only playing on a CRT. I'm always glad to bring along my monitor. And at Giga there is a projector, so I'm sure we could probably setup more of a professional tournament area there.

Skullator

zos'la

Gankatron

Late post but anyways, Andy thank you for the mean tourney and regarding the match where you hit the pause button during Zangief's ultra..... Im glad you manned up and gave it back to Kevin bro, despite actually winning the game.

Good to see everyone turn up and just slug it out and great to meet new faces, cheers Skullator for recording the matches and apologies for telling you to be quiet during our first game, the nerves was kicking in ya see  :P and good stuff for posting our latest tourney on the other Aussie forums.

Just to finish off i think a special shout out to my little brother Jack is in order. He stayed composed throughout the day and showed good form, GG's bro.

We originally intended on going Balrog/Sagat to give ourselves the best chance of winning the tourney as Sagat would of been the only answer for Kevin's Zangief however we may of not gotten to the finals with him, so we decided to go Akuma in the event i lost to some of the other top guys and he had to carry us through. This didn't happen tho and it was smooth sailing all the way to the finals and ended up with a big russian raping us from the get go. We both agreed there was no pressure at all fighting Kev's Zangief because honestly.... after losing the 1st set we KNEW we couldnt do anything to him. GG's Kevin you once again reminded us why you are the best in NZ.

Anywho thanks again to everyone who helped out and for turning up as it wouldn't happen without ya.

Cheers
Fong.

fluxcore

I heard about the pause-during-ultra thing... and just for the record that should not have been a dq.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Nice post Fong and congratulatons to you, Jack, Kevin and Cody too :D

Oh and also Andy and Hue too :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

massi4h

Really Alan? I know nobody minds much, but in a pro tournament with set rules I think any pausing still qualifies as a DQ. I'm not too sure what pausing does to your charge assuming a charge character but I know you can't charge in the pause and then unpause and be charged.

And shot Jack, your Akuma was mean.