• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Giga 2v2 Tournamet feed back/ talks

Started by zos'la, March 06, 2010, 09:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

1) You can't quick recover after an ultra, no doubt you could rebuild charge
2) Guy gonna die anyway!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Thanks Fong for the comments^^

I understand during Giefs Ultra it did not really matter if the game was paused or not and I was told by Lenny as well that it did not matter but in all honesty I know some will complain and such and as an organizer I did not want to see things like such get out of hand. I did what I thought at the time to be the right thing to do... even though I won, I did not feel right.
to me coming 3rd instead of 2nd of 1st is not much of a difference as I believe the whole event was really to have everyone all enjoying the event and finishing with a smile.

But I do apologize to Hue as I let him down in getting Dq and missing the chance to get a higher rank. :(
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

xpunch

Quote from: Skullator on March 07, 2010, 09:07:11 PM
You were awesome bro! And believe me.. Mike and I would of been much happier not getting Andy and Hue right off the bat and having to go to losers to peace people out ;[

Look forward to more games at Ranbats some time! And hopefully I can put the boxer high block tip you gave me into practice..

And wow I can't belive a copy of SFIV actually went to somebody who didn't have one already! That's awesome man ;D

haha cheers bro and yeah the high block tip does make rogs overhead very unsafe thats some ultra eatin bizniss if blocked, so always block high coz all you cud take is a sweep a throw or a low dash which is much better than overhead c.lk ultra. and yea wud be good to c you at the ranbats bro also i think i saw you focus dash a fireball then ultra st8 away which was impressive good shit bro.

Quote from: fluxcore on March 08, 2010, 09:37:24 AM
2) Guy gonna die anyway!

just on ur 2nd point flux, andy didnt die from giefs ultra instead he got up and won the match and the set so he was to move on to finals but proved that he was a good sport and gave his finals spot to kevin, as Andy said "rules are rules" shot for doing that Andy much respect  :)

stereomonkey

Now you bastards know not to hit that start button, hahaha! :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

Quote from: stereomonkey on March 08, 2010, 11:15:36 AM
Now you bastards know not to hit that start button, hahaha! :P
I know now mama, I'm sorry :(

Skullator

Quote from: fluxcore on March 08, 2010, 09:37:24 AM
2) Guy gonna die anyway!

Just so you know Flux, I would say a real highlight of the day for me was seeing Andy pause, they played on, Andy beat devilstar, and then opted to take the loss anyway.

Pause can be confusing, take you "out of your rhythem" , if done late clear your charge.. but definately cause confusion and get you out of your "headspace" (Bullshit I know.. but that's what people would say)
And really, didn't weazzy only pause during Ultra's at nationals too? Rules are rules. And Andy was a really good sport about it.

That shows how good our community is. How the majority of people are not too hung up on bullshit.. Just wanting to have a good fun event.

And regarding commentating.. no worries. At an event like that it is your decision if you want somebody talking at all or not. I think you just need to learn to tune out and do your thing though man.. all good players have to deal with people talking about or during their matches while playing... and often it is completely out of your control.
(I know cloudlan are looking for commentators for their event, and you can be sure Justin and Daigo have to sit through an awful lot of it..)
But as it was just me and mike with digi camera's there was no problem with me just shutting up haha!
"IT'S ANYBODIES GAME!!" classic. That will be my favorite youtube video of all time if it gets uploaded LOL.

stereomonkey

Weazzy paused because he was a fool.  So ummmm, yeah.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

My understanding was that Andy paused the match after he had let rip an ultra that was going to finish the round.  Is that not what happened?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Skullator

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on March 08, 2010, 03:38:46 PM
My understanding was that Andy paused the match after he had let rip an ultra that was going to finish the round.  Is that not what happened?

Nope..

I believe it was Kevin's Ultimate atomic buster.. andy mashed pause to speed it up (Lol.. not sure why people do this.. but even I do some times? must be training mode habbit...)
Both players had about 20-30% stamina left... they played on.. Andy won by shoryuken FADC ultra, and then after that andy gave the win away.

Lennysaurus

Oh, sorry bout that.  My mistake.  Still a tough one imo, but in the end I think Andy did the right thing.

YAY ANDY!

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on March 08, 2010, 03:53:23 PM
Ah ok, yeah my informant was wrong :)

You should punish your informant by giving him chocolate and other assorted candies.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on March 08, 2010, 03:59:34 PM
You should punish your informant by giving him chocolate and other assorted candies.

I desperately want to replace chocolate with "buttsecks" and candies with "infections" but I have a feeling if i post it, im miraculously going to end up commenting on how massive Leo's penis is, so i think ill avoid it.

P.S.: Leo's penis is in fact massive.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Bill... I hope you didn't really mean that... eeeek!!

well after this time it will teach me to press pause again har har har god dammit.

massi4h