• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

NZism Proudly Presents - NZ Fighting Game Nationals 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, April 21, 2010, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Is it a regulation to use all of the games on GIGAs LCD? I mean I'm sure someone (Ben) wouldn't mind bringing a CRT solely for the 3s setup. I can bring my monitor and we can have that dedicated to Marvel or HDR or SSF4 or Tekken if you want. With the right cables we could get it projected onto the projector so the players can use the monitor to play and specs can watch the projector.

I actually don't know how you plan to run it, if all the tournaments will be done simultaneously or 1 after another. But for the smaller tournaments I'm sure if they run the whole time they can have their own dedicated setup and I'm sure if the games are different it should be fine having a different type of setup for those specific games. But any 1 game should all have similar setups (if you're gonna do 3 ssf4 setups then I guess they better be the 3 GIGA screens).

Just throwing ideas out there, I'm not bagging any plans you guys have.

Skullator

Just my 2cents.

We seem to be basing PS3's being unusable on giga's monitors around the 2v2 tourny which took place earlier this year.
That was PS3's connected using the HDMI port.

As far as I am aware we have not run another test with the PS3's connecting using component, and I suspect that could vastly help with the input delay.

Also, as mentioned above just because they have big screens doesn't mean we need to use them, you guys could easily get 5+ people to donate 20 - 26" lag free LCD screens.

This is just food for thought, I am happy with X360 or PS3, since I can use Mason's TE.
But if hardware is going to be a problem and switching to PS3 could help, it could be a good idea to switch platform.

Personally have 2 full Sanwa PS3 sticks which could be communal.

moose!

Was thinking about coming up for nationals anyway, but 'cos 3S is in there I'm definitely going to come up for it..
4 months to get my SSFIV up to scratch and to get those 6 elbow juggles down to perfection  ;)

;D ;D  ;D

Will even enter everything (except Tekken), in the case of MvC2 just to prop up the table/lulz.

[CYS] hebretto

Hello friends my first time entering a tournament please be gentle! orz

I would like to participate in the following many thank yous
Super Street Fighter IV (X360)
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (PS2)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (X360)
Super Street Fighter II HD Remix (X360)

Will there be a possible team tournament? I would like to join forces with my fellow TEAM AV colleagues.
CYS CEO aka Former TEAM AV CEO aka herbretto aka berbeto aka HAMAGER

Licensed to roll cancel since the age of 16.

www.ozhadou.net

CrazyMobius

Quote from: hebretto on April 23, 2010, 04:58:53 PM
Hello friends my first time entering a tournament please be gentle! orz

I would like to participate in the following many thank yous
Super Street Fighter IV (X360)
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (PS2)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (X360)
Super Street Fighter II HD Remix (X360)

Will there be a possible team tournament? I would like to join forces with my fellow TEAM AV colleagues.

Welcome! Practice up hard and I'm sure you'll make an impact. I know there was a team tourney just gone for SF4 so there will be bound to be another one in the works. Probably best to ask Lenny or Andy as they are usually the ones who organize these things.

Good Luck!

stereomonkey

Fuck you Heb you bolo!  It should say first time in a NZ tournament. :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

geneterror

Quote from: moose! on April 23, 2010, 04:45:46 PM
Was thinking about coming up for nationals anyway, but 'cos 3S is in there I'm definitely going to come up for it..
4 months to get my SSFIV up to scratch and to get those 6 elbow juggles down to perfection  ;)

;D ;D  ;D

Will even enter everything (except Tekken), in the case of MvC2 just to prop up the table/lulz.
You need a place to stay bro?
KOW 2011

Chuckk

Also definitely coming, flights booked just gotta work out accomodation.
$65 each way atm on air NZ.

Going to enter
SSF4
3rd Strike
and possibly HDR to make numbers
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

moose!

Quote from: geneterror on April 23, 2010, 06:21:43 PM
You need a place to stay bro?
Maybe... definitely if I come down a day early to get some practice games in  ;D
Lets hope there's a good show on as well!

stereomonkey

Good to hear guys!! Can't wait to see all the non jafas at the event ;D

EDIT: Also guys, please don't be put off due to which console you prefer.  This is a tournament that is for you guys to show off how much you have learned and where you stand in NZ.  If we were as established as SRK and said "it's on this console" i'm sure everybody would go "lets go!".  So lets stop looking for things to complain about and start practicing on our games and our weakness in our preferred game.

Basically, this is the time to level up! :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Skullator

xpunch

[CYS] hebretto

Quote from: boringryu on April 23, 2010, 06:26:28 PM
Also definitely coming, flights booked just gotta work out accomodation.
$65 each way atm on air NZ.

Going to enter
SSF4
3rd Strike
and possibly HDR to make numbers

Are these prices for domestic or international? I'm looking to book my tickets soon (unless there are sales I should look out for?) and wondering who I should be booking with (read: cheap).
CYS CEO aka Former TEAM AV CEO aka herbretto aka berbeto aka HAMAGER

Licensed to roll cancel since the age of 16.

www.ozhadou.net

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Heb,
That is national flight price.
But august ain't a tourist time so flight should be cheap.
Anyone else in Aus who might be keen to come over?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.