• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Proudly Presents - NZ Fighting Game Nationals 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, April 21, 2010, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IR U IM B IL E

It cant be said enough but it was an awesome Nationals Tournament. Props to Lenny and others who organised it.

GG's to everyone I played: Euan, James, Lenny, Andy, Simon/Mobius, iMagneto, Rob, Jack and SimonFish.
I'll take my losses and learn from them and gaurantee that I'll come back stronger next year! (well, hoping to at least)

Such intense finals matches all round, the top 8 guys put on a great show. Congrats to them all. And shot Weazzy for reppin our 3v3 team 'Team NYC' haha. You were mean bro.

New to the NZ sf4 community this year and first Nats event. Definitely wont be my last  ;D

shout outs to everyone!

and p.s.

shout out to me for not eating Breathless  :P

"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

One thing I forgot to tell people about breathless is that it has focus armour - focus breaks will break it. Not exactly an amazing way to deal with it, but something to experiment with if people are trying things out.

Otherwise, good tourney, worth the trip up to watch (3s at least lol).

Skullator and Weazzy are definitely the standouts for proving themselves. Great stuff guys!

edit: Oh, of course - nice to meet all you guys from remote regions.

And to simon & kevin - stop beasting! Especially simon - awesome competitor in all games he enters.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I definitely have to commend weazzy for how he played during the tourney. Pity he wasnt 100% for his money match with Andy. Id also like to give shoutouts to Rumble. All the games i watched that he played were awesome. Our top guys were on good form this weekend.

Additionally, im going to have to hit the hyperbolic time chamber and go into beast mode at the next event. (whatever it may be) Need to redeem for playing like ass in round one, and then being retardedly angry about it in round 2 and losing that as well. The white boy rage loses games.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Yahoooo!  Great weekend guys!

Shout outs to all you xbox fullas that done well.  Stink I didn't get to see the final top 8 matches but can't wait to see the bracket and stuff.

But awesome shout outs to Weazzey.  Make that PSN proud yo bolo :P  Held your composure and took it all the way.  Next event will be more hype now that you have mastered to not press the pause button.

Btw, who took the SSFIV brackets home?

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man breathless make me look scrub lol.

Funny i used to think that ultra was shit cos nobody used it lol.

Yeah man I'm happy as for Skull and myself doing really good this year. Seen that we we've been thrashing psn for the longest, and training hard. And seeing that none of my play matters except the nats i don't have to play shit till next year muah haha haha nah jk.

Shot for coming up Alan, and all the boys from round NZ.

Man some people i didn't get to meet. Like fearless newbie and, was electric there? But good to meet the welly dudes and Heb and Loane and the Au niggaz.

Also flash gee, psn represent.

Yo rumble gee this for us

Team NYC nigga, we taking over.

The more farther i made it the more nervous i got. Man shaking like a bitch over a video game lol.

And yeah Stu i got that poster yo !!! LOL, i looked up and it was gone i nearly raged, but i ended up getting it. I even showed my mum when i got home.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

Thanks to Organizers, Lenny and crew for the hard work, I know what its like lol xD

This time round I have been out of practice, very lucky to get top 5.

@Kevin, you're still the one person I think that has experience well above all of us. Numba 1 indeed.
@Simonfish, diu, we didn't even play... would of been good to see u play me or Hue^^ lucky bastard !!!
@Jack, we didn't play either.... hope we can get some more games in.
@ Fong, Just you wait !!! its a freaking da javu from EVO Apac...I'll be training up for the future and I know EXACTLY what you're thinking when you played JACK too^^ bastard LOL.

@Skullator, very good zoning with Chun, you spent alot of time to practice. I will make sure it won't happen again^^ I blame it on no warm ups!!! anyways good stuff.

@Weazzy, Your Bison is very lucky to take you to top 8, quiet suprized you made me. You have imporved quite a bit, good job. Don't feel too bad for losing the money match :) you made me break my rule of not gambling for the first time^^

@HErb/ Yang, buddy it was ncie seeing you again and thanks for the small tips here and there, your videoing and photos are much appreciated and I hope we can meet again soemtime^^ big thanks for traveling all teh way from OZ.

@Brody, old friend, its really nice seeing you again :) I hope you come back one day for good xD

@Robert.... what can I say about my cousin :) You did fucking awsome!!! Keep it up, you just need mroe matchup experiences and you're be a Fong junior!! hahahaha :P
Now go back to study^^ or your mother's gona kill me lol!!!

@last BIG massive thanks to my GF for being with me the whole of Sunday, very supportive.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I honestly didn't give a fuck about that MM tbh. I didn't even wanna do it after those bourbino's. Just giving the people what they want ay, except for a good match, didn't think about that part lol. I shouldn't have played it was tipsey bro, couldn't you tell!?

I'm not lucky, thats exactly where the weazal belongs. Once i get better at playing under pressure I will do much better. But i am pretty stoked at what i came.

5th equal with you, which is not so equal as you lost three times and I only lost twice.

edit: Anyway ggs
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

zos'la

Weazzy,
Don't take it offensively, u did lose and we all knew the MM wasn't about the money but about proving something.
I proved it to you, I even went along with the first to 3 games when I was told other wise.
Other than that I compliment on you Bison for making that far, so take it easy. The nationals was for settling things, not to start more.

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on August 23, 2010, 10:35:17 AM
5th equal with you, which is not so equal as you lost three times and I only lost twice.

It dones't mean that you're teh better player. Any good player would know that if you lose one game and able to go to losers bracket and come back to the finals and beast it out is the better player ( Kevin ) as thats what he did in this tournament.
I did the same in Xlan against iMagneto, I had to beat him 2 sets as he was in winners bracket with 2 lives, but I made it through and finished it off, that is how you determine who is better which is the whole point of Double elimination.

This tournament I also did the same in teh qualifiers, Lenny beat me in the winners semi finals, i went to losers bracket and fought my way back up to him and took 2 sets of him coming 1st in my pool.

So in short, it doesnt matter if you lose one or two or three games, if you're a good enuff of a player you will fight your way back up. that what counts.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

LOL, yeah but Kevin won!!! Also congrats to him.

I know it doesn't mean i'm the better player. But fuck it! I don't care i'm stoked assss.

MM was a joke but oh well you won sweet as. Nothing can shit on my parade , i'm too happy. I'm not starting shit, you complement me by saying i got lucky for making it that far. Fuck you! I done better than you at nats anyway fool!

Besides did anyone else buy another set up to practice while the tournament was going on? LOL!

zos'la

lol? if you're talking about when me and Hue were practicing? its because we both are too busy with RL stuff to even have ptime to practice.
Btw, I get to play at Giga for free if you haven't realize, unless its a big crowd then I would chip in my part, if it was just me and a few, I play for free.

Playing a Tournament/ MM or whatever, you need to prepare urself if you don't want  to be laugh at afterwards.

Pjai

Quote from: zosla on August 23, 2010, 09:46:43 AM

@Skullator, very good zoning with Chun, you spent alot of time to practice. I will make sure it won't happen again^^ I blame it on no warm ups!!! anyways good stuff.

@Weazzy, Your Bison is very lucky to take you to top 8, quiet suprized you made me. You have imporved quite a bit, good job. Don't feel too bad for losing the money match :) you made me break my rule of not gambling for the first time^^

I think Weazzy was actually referring to the "I blame it on no warm ups!! part.

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on August 23, 2010, 11:43:17 AM

I know it doesn't mean i'm the better player. But fuck it! I don't care i'm stoked assss.

MM was a joke but oh well you won sweet as. Nothing can shit on my parade , i'm too happy. I'm not starting shit, you complement me by saying i got lucky for making it that far. Fuck you! I done better than you at nats anyway fool!

my nigger ;D
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

Lennysaurus

You two can leave this shit now aye guys?  I think its safe to say that you should both be happy now regardless.

Nay way i'm gonna open a new thread in Post Tourney Discussion to move all this to.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on August 23, 2010, 11:43:17 AM

Besides did anyone else buy another set up to practice while the tournament was going on? LOL!

oh did you? lol okay^^
I guess u must be stoked with ur results. Guess I'll have to show you again how its done...
what a Burden.. gezz.
Hope we can get some Vids up soon from Simonfish and Herb and whoever else that recorded on the event. Pictures would be nice... especially the one with weazzy and me.. must look weird lol