• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 hitboxes , all characters . you may now bow to the U-man ....

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, May 05, 2010, 10:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on May 06, 2010, 07:46:38 AM
Meanwhile El Fuerte is a more viable option now.

Does anyone know what the yellow outlined box in the first Adon pic signifies?

Fuerte has a new ultra. Thats the only thing making him better. He has no other changes that are noteworthy.

And those are green lines. Theyre his vulnrable hitboxes.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Any reason to still use U1 Bill? I'm guessing U2 works as a free anti air due to them taking 4 frames to land (3 frame startup I think) and it should go under most aerial moves? Or does it not have invincibility?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: massi4h on May 06, 2010, 01:29:51 PM
Any reason to still use U1 Bill? I'm guessing U2 works as a free anti air due to them taking 4 frames to land (3 frame startup I think) and it should go under most aerial moves? Or does it not have invincibility?

Its great as a late anti air for that exact reason. I would use the spark in most situations. Against Akuma i might be tempted to use the teabag sunrise though, since its so good against air fireballs/demon flip mixups.

And you can generally punish stuff with the FGB from further away. Cheeky run -> stop -> ultra over fireballs are a lot more reliable with U1. Fact of the matter is, why would i want to be tricky and do this, when i can just block Ryu's c.mk -> fireball and then PUNISH IT with the spark?

Time it wrong as an AA thought and you slide right unter that shit and then your opponent lols as he punishes you. And its fireball invincible for sure. Not sure how its invincibility is outside of that.

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

Hmm yeah. I guess FGB can still punish shitty teleports. Both seem like pretty decent ultras.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on May 06, 2010, 01:49:32 PM
prima guide says u1 is preferred for fuerte

LOL

Quote from: massi4h on May 06, 2010, 01:56:35 PM
Hmm yeah. I guess FGB can still punish shitty teleports. Both seem like pretty decent ultras.

To be fair, run -> stop -> U2 can punish shitty teleports as well. The more i think about it, i dont actually have that much trouble with vortex/air fireballs. The worst part of that match for me was that without EX meter, akuma could (in vanilla. not sure about super) turbo the rh button, and there was LITERALLY nothing fuerte could do. Im still in the lab with the spark. Im definitely not using it properly at this point, but it has a lot of potential.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

i will be stealing this from you on saturday mr U-mantis  8)

hopefully you can get dudley and guile info aswell....

but you sir, are definately, THE MAN
The New Generation Clockw0rk

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Barnstorm

Quote from: fluxcore on May 06, 2010, 01:49:32 PM
prima guide says u1 is preferred for fuerte

I would like to know the thought precess behind this

U1 isnt even gauranteed as an anti air against half the characters
and U2 is great for punishment

samurai black

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Barnstorm on May 06, 2010, 06:00:09 PM
I would like to know the thought precess behind this

U1 isnt even gauranteed as an anti air against half the characters
and U2 is great for punishment

Yea its a pretty retarded claim. Also given that 99% of the Fuerte playerbase prefer U2 in most, if not all situations.

However U1 is totally guaranteed against the entire cast as long as your timing is right. Even if they can change their jump arc (shoto's/rufus etc) as long as you wait a little bit (until AFTER the divekick input for instance) before using it and have good judgement of time/distance, then its pretty easy to AA the whole cast.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.