• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Street Fighter x Tekken test footage

Started by DVS, July 26, 2010, 04:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Quote from: coldfire on July 27, 2010, 11:14:11 AM
as a tekken-only player myself (and i'm aware i'm not welcomed here) i refuse to play a tekken character that can't side step or apply ground wake up oki etc, while i don't see how you guys will enjoy playing a sf character that doesn't have cool (really?) looking ultra animations or missing a shoryuken means you get punished with half of your life gone.

Woah woah woah dude!!!  Your super duper absolutely welcome here.  I'd love to know why you feel you aren't cause in truth we have wanted serious tekken discussion here for a long time, but the Tekken community is a seriously hard nut to crack.  IIRC you're Jerry from hamilton aren't you?  i used to play you every now and then when you'd come to auckland and played you once when I went to hamilton back during T4 days.

We are running a Tekken tournament over the weekend of the 21st and 22nd of August and think it'd be a great to get some guys there.

Also, I agree that this game looks like shit, I think I mentioned that earlier.  The characters look like abomination, and the tag ultras look fucking ridiculous.  But its all opinion... some people will love it I guess.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

geneterror

Quote from: [FSR] Lenny on July 27, 2010, 11:37:09 AM
Woah woah woah dude!!!  Your super duper absolutely welcome here.  I'd love to know why you feel you aren't cause in truth we have wanted serious tekken discussion here for a long time, but the Tekken community is a seriously hard nut to crack.
I agree, that comment bummed me out. I have no interest in Tekken myself but would be more than happy to see all the Tekken players here as well. I watched the T6 finals at Evo and really enjoyed it even if I didn't understand half of it.

Quote from: [FSR] Lenny on July 27, 2010, 11:37:09 AMAlso, I agree that this game looks like shit, I think I mentioned that earlier.  The characters look like abomination, and the tag ultras look fucking ridiculous.  But its all opinion... some people will love it I guess.
What you meant to say is "Damn that looks like that clunky piece of shit SF EX3 with it's retarded tag supers" right?
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

I think that the idea behind the game engine could be nice.  Rolling getups, chain combos, reminiscent of Vamp saviour and having a tag system.  I'm just not digging the Tekken characters getting bastardised like that, and the team ultras look silly to me.

I think a better idea for a capcom/namco crossover would have been maybe an action RPG or a 3rd person action game or something.  Maybe even something more in the vein of Power stone or smash bro's, but in terms of a fighting game I think the execution will be difficult.

it's great that we are getting more fighting games, but I personally don't like the "creative" direction this is heading in.  If it gets heaps of play, and ends up being competitively viable then awesome.

Us oldschoolers probably getting nostalgic waves of fail at some of these announcements.   How many times back in the day did we hear about some new fighting game coming out and we all held our breath  waiting for it expecting it to be the next big thing, and then it comes out and is absolute fail. (eg: alpha1, CFJ, SVC Chaos).  ow that fighting games are getting popular again I'm worried about this trend rearing its head again.  My predictions for fail are as follows:

MK9, SxT, TxS

Hope I'm wrong though.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

HoneyBadger

PREDICTIONS FOR AWESOME

MARVEL BABY  8)
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

Oh shit, fuck Capcom Fighting Jam. I bet Steve is the only person that likes that game.
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

I hope these games can break down some of the misunderstandings between the Sf and TK communities.

Pinolicious

Quote from: CrazyMobius on July 27, 2010, 02:25:16 PM
I hope these games can break down some of the misunderstandings between the Sf and TK communities.

Am I the only one in the dark wondering what this misunderstanding is?  Is there even such a thing?  Is it because I play both games?

I don't think Kazuya looks that butchered.  electric Hellsweep to kidney punch looked cool.
<PSN> Kriselda

CrazyMobius

cha

Quote from: [FSR] Lenny on July 27, 2010, 01:23:00 PM
absolute fail. (eg: alpha1, CFJ, SVC Chaos).

Its the most enjoyable fighting game ever, for single player.

Pinolicious

<PSN> Kriselda

maelgrim

Quote from: [FSR] Lenny on July 27, 2010, 01:23:00 PM
My predictions for fail are as follows:

MK9, SxT, TxS

Hope I'm wrong though.

MK9 will rock!
Well I hope so anyway.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

DVS

Quote from: maelgrim on July 27, 2010, 04:56:18 PM
MK9 will rock!
Well I hope so anyway.

Me too.....hope they get back to the old school Mk...the last one I played was Ultimate....and maybe one of those 3D shockers.....hopefully this time around they sort it out...
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Pinolicious on July 27, 2010, 04:53:30 PM
Do you play Tekken?

I played a bit of Tekken 3 on ps1 but nothing since. I don't enjoy the way the game feels. But I am interested more in the characters after seeing this Street Fighter x Tekken trailor.

EXC355UM

My brother Justice made some new stick art designs for those who want to sex up their arcade sticks. (Wow, that sounds wrong). It's SFxT theme this time. Check them out in the link below if you're interested.  :)

Stick Art / Street Fighter X Tekken Edition

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.