• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

New Dude.

Started by Snakey, September 01, 2010, 07:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

how can u not like ssf4 ><
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

geneterror

Get over it Andy ;D.

Some of us have been playing the SF4 engine since Vanilla came out. Some like myself are just a bit bored of it and have been waiting for a game like Blazblue. I know I've shifted my focus to Blazblue, I've always been more of a fan of MvC2 styled games so I'm really enjoying this and will prob play this more than SSF4 until MvC3 comes out. I don't dislike SSF4 I just won't to play something different.
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

THe only thing that annoys me in BB is the whole thing that if you arent attacking the whole time, then you get the penalty, so there isn't that chance to run around and annoy, or to turtle if you know what I mean, so you generally hold up forward and smash into each other until someone wins out and then has to guess a mixup.

And the thing that annoys me in SSFIV is the fact that to go balls out into your opponent is a big risk, so you get these moments where two people are at either end of the screen doing nothing.  Its not footsies, and its not trying to gain position.  It's just dumb stuff.

Its hard for games to strike a balance imo.  Im hoping that MVC3 can accomodate both playstyles.

That way Graeme can sit at the back of the screen shooting me with lasers and other BS like he does in MVC2 lol.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

I dunno about that, I think there are several chars in BB that have a decent ranged game.

SSFIV is one of the least balls out games I've played though, that's for sure
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Anyway this is a bad place to start a fruitless opinionated discussion, let's keep on topic.

WELCOME TO NZISM.COM
NZISM.COM WELCOMES YOU!
WELCOME.

http://zombo.com
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

originaljulz

Lol Lenny, it sounds like you should have tried Nu-13 / Lambda. And as for constant pressure, the guy that I use (Hazama) is like the definition of hit and run.

I agree though. BB is all about the attacking and pressure game. But I like that. In comparison SF is slow as balls, and until you start playing properly (like I did about 2-3 weeks ago) and can appreciate what makes it good, it just looks boring as all hell.

Then then again, don't even get me started on Tekken.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

zos'la

different people got different taste with different perspective^^ lets keep it that way.
welcome and hope u stay and find something good for u here.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

geneterror

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv] Phoenix Lenny on September 02, 2010, 10:06:37 AM
That way Graeme can sit at the back of the screen shooting me with lasers and other BS like he does in MVC2 lol.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
KOW 2011

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

GRAEME WINS....FATALITY
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Snakey

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv] Phoenix Lenny on September 02, 2010, 10:06:37 AM
THe only thing that annoys me in BB is the whole thing that if you arent attacking the whole time, then you get the penalty, so there isn't that chance to run around and annoy, or to turtle if you know what I mean, so you generally hold up forward and smash into each other until someone wins out and then has to guess a mixup.

And the thing that annoys me in SSFIV is the fact that to go balls out into your opponent is a big risk, so you get these moments where two people are at either end of the screen doing nothing.  Its not footsies, and its not trying to gain position.  It's just dumb stuff.

Its hard for games to strike a balance imo.  Im hoping that MVC3 can accomodate both playstyles.

Word...lol. MvC3, with the characters that are being release one after the other "bloody better be".

Quote from: zosla on September 02, 2010, 08:46:14 AM
how can u not like ssf4 ><

Woah woah woah woah..... I didn't say I don't like it... that's blasphemy. I'm just bored of it, kinda.

Quote from: originaljulz on September 02, 2010, 12:19:07 PM
Lol Lenny, it sounds like you should have tried Nu-13 / Lambda. And as for constant pressure, the guy that I use (Hazama) is like the definition of hit and run.

I agree though. BB is all about the attacking and pressure game. But I like that. In comparison SF is slow as balls, and until you start playing properly (like I did about 2-3 weeks ago) and can appreciate what makes it good, it just looks boring as all hell.

Then then again, don't even get me started on Tekken.

Please don't dog Tekken. I fucking love that game and grew up with the entire series, same as the 'Street Fighter' and 'King of Fighters' series (KOF XII doesn't even count, hated the shit out of it).

I'd hate to say it but BB is pretty much thats all on the brain nowadays.
Every man has a plan.........Until he gets hit.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: geneterror on September 02, 2010, 01:26:35 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Goddamnit I love robots. 

Oh yeah.  Hi snakey welcom to NZism.  I'm gonna be down there more now I guess.  I'll be the big Maori guy with a beard.  I like long walks on the beach and good conversation lol.

But seriously... WE MUST BATTLE!

originaljulz

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv] Phoenix Lenny on September 02, 2010, 07:19:52 PM
I'll be the big Maori guy with a beard.

Lol that describes Alan the manager perfectly.

And as for Tekken, it's not really thaaaaaat bad if that's the kinda fighting game you're looking for. I grew up playing Tekken more than anything as well, but I stopped at like, Tekken 3 and started playing other fighting games. Now I find it boring when I compare it to other games lol.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Lennysaurus

Quote from: originaljulz on September 02, 2010, 07:26:01 PM
Lol that describes Alan the manager perfectly.

And as for Tekken, it's not really thaaaaaat bad if that's the kinda fighting game you're looking for. I grew up playing Tekken more than anything as well, but I stopped at like, Tekken 3 and started playing other fighting games. Now I find it boring when I compare it to other games lol.

I like when people choose the robots.

Snakey

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv] Phoenix Lenny on September 02, 2010, 07:19:52 PM
Goddamnit I love robots. 

Oh yeah.  Hi snakey welcom to NZism.  I'm gonna be down there more now I guess.  I'll be the big Maori guy with a beard.  I like long walks on the beach and good conversation lol.

But seriously... WE MUST BATTLE!

Sweet as I'll be the big Island dude with the beard, matter of fact I've met a maori dude with a baldy and a pretty big beard, and he whooped my ass in Tekken so bad. Doesn't matter if your not the same guy..... I want revenge. WE MUST BATTLE!!
Every man has a plan.........Until he gets hit.

Daz-GT_V11

Where's the match I can be interested - thanks
-