• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

All Your Replays Are Belong To Us! - The Gameplay Feedback Thread

Started by IR U IM B IL E, October 08, 2010, 08:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IR U IM B IL E

Okay, I've thought about doing this for a while now but there are alot of new guys - to (S)SF4 - and I figured this would help them out a great deal more than the rest of us. But that's not to say this thread wont help the battle-hardened warriors of SF4 like me  :)

So im sure many of you have seen threads like this on SRK so here goes...

The idea is simple. You show us your own SF/Marvel gameplay (with you playing), preferably a whole match and we as an SF community will give you tips/advice/feedback on your game. I know there are alot of people here who'll be willing to do so. Im sure there are things in your game that you just dont notice and all you need is a different point of view from someone to help you improve and such.

One thing though...

This is NOT a "show us your beastly combos, beasting on some hapless scrub who forgot to even plug his/her controller into the console" thread. Even though there would be people who would still find faults in your game, I'd rather you be the hapless one. I.e, games where you had no clue what to do and you were just outplayed. Or close matches where you just lost or won. Just tough games basically.

Only the SF and Marvel series vids to be posted here please.

Thats about it guys. I will upload my first one after my next set with Jack lol.

Looking forward to getting something going on here...

"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

IR U IM B IL E

Im not really a technical whizz but I was just thinking of recording it on camera. I know there are other ways via capture cards and the like but I wouldnt know how it works.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

CaptainHook

fluxcore

SSF4 automatically records your matches, if you didn't know. Go to the replay channel and there's a 'battle log' or similar which stores your last X games. Can't really do anything useful with them for the purposes of this thread, but it's a lot easier video capturing something in replay than as it happens :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

This a really good idea. Wayyy easier to help people if you know where their at.

I think Cpt Hook sould post some vids in here to the days.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Lennysaurus

I have a couple of USB capture devices if people want to borrow them.  Holler at me.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

IR U IM B IL E

Quote from: fluxcore on October 09, 2010, 08:56:01 AM
SSF4 automatically records your matches, if you didn't know. Go to the replay channel and there's a 'battle log' or similar which stores your last X games. Can't really do anything useful with them for the purposes of this thread, but it's a lot easier video capturing something in replay than as it happens :)

Yup my thoughts exactly. Dont be afraid to show the inputs. Maybe some people arent mashing enough!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

My only issue with this topic is that it should be in the match videos section. Since I'm going to genuinely try to learn someone new I might have to find a recording device and make use of it. Does it need to be restricted to ssf4 though? Or can people throw up some marvel/3s/st vids as well if they want? We have enough experience on the forums to help just about everyone out with everything. Though I understand it could become a bit cluttered.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Nick4now

I agree with Bill or maybe have seperate threads for each game? For ST I know Doors has recorded some of our matches on GGPO and I don't mind him showing me getting my ass whooped  :D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

IR U IM B IL E

Yeah Im being a bit selfish here and wanted it to just be SSF4 since that's the only fighting game I know. But I'd be happy to restrict it to just SF games. Yeah as long as it wont get cluttered.

Marvel as well cos I'd wanna get into MvC3 when it comes out.

IR U IM B IL E

I'll get the ball rolling here.

Just uploading this as its already on youtube. I'll have some more recent ones soon. You may or may not have seen it. Its a while back now and I kinda changed my approach to the Akuma matchup with Guile.

I try to dash in under air fireballs more and ex FK though them if I get the perfect opportunity to do it (FK through the FB to hit him without getting hit by the FB or whiffing). Anything else apart from those changes that im currently trying to make adjustments with in this matchup, lets hear it!  ;D

JackSmash

Ive gotta admit, Guile cant really do much about the vortex, he actually sorta has to guess after he gets knocked down. But you're starting to get accustomed to the match more now i think Rumble.

I really abused the air fireball jump-ins in that match, a lot of people just usually sit there and block the incoming mixup. Whoever your character is, you should try and knock them out of the air before they land. Any ex anti airs usually work, like dragons, blade kicks etc.

Sonic boom block string traps on Akuma is another thing, if you mistime your trap, demon mashers like myself just might bust a successful one out!
Another thing is Akuma teleport spammers. If they try to teleport in between block strings, pause and walk in the appropriate direction and punish with whatever long range poke, or w/e. So if they tp towards you, walk back and far RH, tp backwards, ex boom.

Hope i helped :)

CaptainHook

What is vortex? :P

And thank you Weazzy, i will get some up when i actually get another game against someone in.
(just got home from work at 12:15am. Started at 9:30am. Fuck. This. Shit.)

Lenny, i could be keen for whatever it is you've got. Maybe that usb thing too while i'm at it.

Skullator

I think vortex was supposed to describe actions certain characters can take to keep you on your toes and potentially needing to block in any of the four possible directions (High left, low left, high right, low right)
Vortexing can be set up after a knock down, and they are usually very difficult to react quick enough to block to, and escape from.

Only 2 characters have true vortexes, Akuma and Ibuki, although fuerte's knockdown game is often reffered to as the Fuerte vortex lol.
It's what jack is doing pretty much every time he has knocked somebody down, with his demon flips and cross up tatsu's etc.

Feel free to watch the vid if you want to learn more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTJ5srcjWiA