• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

AvT Wellington LAN January 2011 - Cash prizes!

Started by Sparzx, November 07, 2010, 05:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparzx

Quote from: kyokei on December 30, 2010, 05:24:42 PM
Quick question, are there tvs/consoles/games provided by the organisers if one does not have a 360?

Sorry if this has been answered already. Cheers

I'd love to be able to supply them, however I don't have the funds to bring an xbox and screen for everyone :P

Did however just spent about $1800 on monitors for the main stage from my own pocket. So there's some there, just not in the main gaming arena :P

massi4h

No offense to Sparzx but I don't think I'm going to go. I can't drive down and I can't seem to justify paying over $200 in flights to fly down and play Dylan at guitar hero (since none of the other players are going -  Yeti, Suspect, Omikron) and no-one there is going for serious street fighter.

Sparzx

Omikron is going and paid?
KWS Yeti signed up last week?

o.O

massi4h

Flights are now booked! I'm so going now. Anyone else wanting to go? You sounded keen Thomas?

Sdj

Quote from: massi4h on December 31, 2010, 12:33:59 AM
Flights are now booked! I'm so going now. Anyone else wanting to go? You sounded keen Thomas?

what changed your mind? no offense!

i've been on the tekken forums lately and have provided the people there with the info and links to this. as said above from Kyokei and his reply most of the guys are just worried/pussying out cuz of the usual gamer issue = equipment.

my post here http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1625.msg55526.html#new
we can sort something out for this. just need the permission?
Melty Blood - C-Akiha, C-V.Akiha, C-Nanaya, C-W.len
Dissidia - Squall, Zidaine, Golbez, Frion, Tidus
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

Skullator

Quote from: massi4h on December 31, 2010, 12:33:59 AM

Um, put it this way I was only kinda keen because you were kinda keen, and I dont think I was ever that keen on booking flights that soon and taking time off I really shouldnt bother with....

I'll think about it some more but yes I supposed technically I am keen for a baby bracket and a trip to wellington (mainly to visit friends and only play my bracket games)
I still cannot confirm or deny till around after 5th of january.. in fact I know I have a shapeshifter gig on Jan 9th so who knows how crazy that shit gets and how busy work is lol, technically I Shouldnt of posted anyhing I should of just txted you lol.
Edit: also big day out in Auckland the following weekend... January is maybe too full on for me to bother =\ =\ =\

Postd at 5:44 am so yea bare with my ramblings

Sparzx

Quote from: Sdj on December 31, 2010, 03:04:32 AM
what changed your mind? no offense!

i've been on the tekken forums lately and have provided the people there with the info and links to this. as said above from Kyokei and his reply most of the guys are just worried/pussying out cuz of the usual gamer issue = equipment.

my post here http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1625.msg55526.html#new
we can sort something out for this. just need the permission?

If you need sticks, lemme know how much they cost and where I can get them, and I'll try swindle my magic to get a couple of them for you guys :)

massi4h

OK I'm bringing my TE so that's 1 guaranteed stick which I don't mind people using if they don't mash too hard. And there should be at least one more available. Thomas I think they need payment by January 3rd.

@Sdj, well Sparzx told me that good Guitar Hero players are going and that I really have to make it lol so I thought I might as well. Quite a few for Tekken already but I'd rather have good players show up than me take it out cause I know basic juggles and how to play fighting games.

Sparzx

If it's just 1 person needing Jan 5th as a payment date, I can work with doing it just for you Skullator :)

@ Mason - Rudeism, Omikron & Yeti have now paid. Also got Dobo, papz, gonna be there ;P

Re:Stick.
Just bought one, and a copy of Tekken 6 - So if you need one, I'll have one available :)

kyokei

Hi, I already have the stick sorted thanks to Fang. My query was how would it work, do I just rock up to the venue with a stick and play on someone's x360 or do I need to bring all the equipment myself? I don't usually attend events at all so not sure what to expect. You could say I am an event newbie. I haven't paid yet due to my confusion.

massi4h

Well it would be good if you had your own console, but as long as at least half the people bring consoles/screens it should be all good. Actually if we could get like 3 or 4 dedicated fighting game setups it should be fine for everyone else. As I said I'm down for lots of SF and a bit of Tekken but I will also be wanting to use my screen for Guitar Hero.

kyokei

Yeah thats the thing, I haven't had a x360 console since 2 years ago and have no plans to get another one.

Sdj

Quote from: kyokei on December 31, 2010, 10:34:55 PM
Yeah thats the thing, I haven't had a x360 console since 2 years ago and have no plans to get another one.

console wise. most tekken players use the P S 3 hence no xbox. if you don't mind us bringing one of those gRiLLS then we can provide for the Tekken scene
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

kyokei

Som, won't there be some provided already seeing as how there is already a dozen signed up?

Sdj

Quote from: kyokei on January 01, 2011, 11:59:49 PM
Som, won't there be some provided already seeing as how there is already a dozen signed up?

wouldn't you like some "confirmed" consoles there? and info? isn't that why your even looking and posting?

just saying, magic doesn't exist for organising these sort of things. So lets just carry on and do something for the cause (dw man, you know im not being personal xD )
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura