• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

"Improving NZ - One scrub at a time" Article 2

Started by Lennysaurus, November 30, 2010, 08:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Hey does anyone here do any physical exercise to improve their Street Fighter game? Or alternatively does anyone find that physical exercise makes a markable difference to their game?

Thanks.

LN

Yeah. Practicing combos so they enter muscle memory :)
There is no knowledge that is not power

CrazyMobius

But would other increased aerobic exercise make a great difference in gameplay?

electric

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on December 07, 2010, 07:55:04 AM
But would other increased aerobic exercise make a great difference in gameplay?

This might sound stupid, but I think it does.

I tend to play a lot more focused after coming home from a run with the dog or cricket training - there have been scientific studies which show that your brain is more active during and after exercise than it is when you're just sitting down on the couch - unfortunately I can't remember a source :(

Try go for a quick jog around the block before sitting down to play - you'd be surprised at how much stronger your concentration is. Oh, and obviously, too much exercise will just make you fatigued :P!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

It's pretty well known exercise can help to improve your performance at work and school and can be used to control depression and behaviour disorders by increasing oxygen flow and raising dopamine levels. I don't see why this wouldn't work for Street Fighter. The cool thing is that this would probably work on both a regular and single use basis. More frequent exercise has its obvious benefits. Eru is also right in what he said and to add to that it'll probably work to calm most peoples' nerves/get them out of some of those bad mindsets you can get into whilst losing.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

Good points Eru and Smoof. That's what I was getting at. Also a lot of our top players seem to do some sort of sports (as far as I know.)

I think I might try this and see how it goes.