• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

To be honest, my weakness is the absolute basics. And i figure my best options here were to learn either boxer or ryu. and im NOT gonna learn ryu.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 29, 2010, 12:26:12 PM
Fuck ive tried picking up Balrog. Hes hard to play when your footsies are as bad as mine. And people mashing jab keep killing my tick throws. :(

MASH MORE JABS!!!

But seriously though, cr.lp puts you at +4 on block - you probably just have to tighten up your timing a little bit on your ticks if you're getting spam jabbed out of them. If you can get in there and make them FEAR the tick throw, they'll start teching them, which you can obviously beat with staggered jabs since you have a pretty beast frame advantage after a blocked jab.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 29, 2010, 12:34:05 PM
To be honest, my weakness is the absolute basics. And i figure my best options here were to learn either boxer or ryu. and im NOT gonna learn ryu.

Just do the headbutt into ultra

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Toomeke on January 29, 2010, 01:18:43 PM

I should. But i prefer doing the EX punch upper loop for no reason.

This is why my fundamentals are crap, because i get bored and just try cool stuff.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 29, 2010, 01:20:42 PM
Quote from: Toomeke on January 29, 2010, 01:18:43 PM

I should. But i prefer doing the EX punch upper loop for no reason.

This is why my fundamentals are crap, because i get bored and just try cool stuff.

I'll teach you Viper Bill. Serious. Jump on tonight and we'll begin.

Your execution is such that you'll be really decent with her I feel. she has so little footsies it doesn't even matter if you have em down or not.

cool?

[8-----D] Toots

Haha I was joking about headbutt to Ultra. It's often not the best thing to do.

If guys are spamming jabs then you can counter hit them with c.mp xx jab straight. Say your jab jab is blocked you walk a lil back and do c.mp xx jab straight. This will beat throw tech attempts, throws and jab mashers. No need to throw them when they give you shit like that for free.

You might be underestimating how easy the 'basic' shit is. Stuff like footsies and zoning will take you longer to learn than just about any combo or complicated reset. I would probably start with zoning as boxers zoning is very simple. You can either zone with jab straight at the right range or get in closer at about sweep range and use you c.rh(for people trying to walk/dash into you) and s.rh(for people trying to jump, fireball and other shit). C.hp is almost always the anti air you wanna use.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: hydrokinesis on January 29, 2010, 02:36:19 PM
I'll teach you Viper Bill. Serious. Jump on tonight and we'll begin.

Your execution is such that you'll be really decent with her I feel. she has so little footsies it doesn't even matter if you have em down or not.

cool?

Ill take you up on that at some point. Ive jumped into training mode a few times with her to see if i can do shit like FFF. I can, but like, 4-5 times out of 10. Not tonight though, got dinner with the missus and a few of her friends.

Im still gonna learn boxer though. I really think that making a conscious effor to get better with footsies/zoning etc will not only improve my SF4 game, but also my alpha and ST games as well. PLUS im looking forward to using deejay/adon in super, both of which are gonna be all about the footsies by the looks of it.

And Ben, im not saying the basic shit is easy. For me its a hell of a lot harder to learn that shit than it is to learn a combo. I called it basic, when the word i shouldve used was fundamental. Christ knows i can jump into street fighter and pull out whatever retarded 'complex' combo you want me to, but i have a much harder time getting the fundamental shit down.

Marvel has ruined me in that regard. And i was the same with KOFXI. I want to get all up in your face, and then beast all over it. Im only JUST starting to slow down and put a bit more thought in. And my street fighter game has improved leaps and bounds because of it.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man i think i'm really getting sick of this game now ay. I can only play up to 20 and then i'm just jumping around air tatsuing, and other crazy lol shit. Thats what happens when you play all day everyday i guess.

It's kinda like i'm forcing myself to play it after 20 games or so. And when i go back to T6 it makes my sf4 game shit, then i have to get use to it again.

Ah well, i'm gonna play it some more anyway.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

DVS

Oh go on.....Ryu's like awesome.... ;D
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

DVS

Seriously tho Bill, jump back onto SF2 and practise zoning and footies....there are no cool combos to do, no ex meters or ultras...it's pure fundamentals....I have to say I rely on those all the time...if I have time to do flashy stuff I do...otherwise it's back to those....pre-empt jump in, zone, timing for air attacks...and most importantly patience -I'm still learning this one too  :D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea hardout. Thats why im learning ST. Yes its got combos and supers and shit, but its more based on all that stuff.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

FUCK THAT JUST LEARN MARVEL :P
The New Generation Clockw0rk

DVS

Quote from: AD-Remix on January 29, 2010, 04:34:37 PM
FUCK THAT JUST LEARN MARVEL :P

No offence to marvel players, but I like a pure form of fighter: 1 on 1....

I have like an epileptic fit watching you guys play marvel, theres shit everywhere....

It looks awesome when you figure out whats going on... ;D

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I wana learn Marvel but the infinites i tried dont fucking. I trying to learn Mags one but it's bullshit. Must not work on my version.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Barnstorm

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 29, 2010, 04:50:08 PM
I wana learn Marvel but the infinites i tried dont fucking. I trying to learn Mags one but it's bullshit. Must not work on my version.

pad player