• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Wellington- Timezone Manners Mall

Started by Orochi, October 27, 2007, 05:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orochi

Okay, the games have changed so I thought it'd be good to put this up...

Now, located next to each other are

Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection (soon to be 6)
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

I'm trying to get KoFXI back, after head-office took it away without warning! I was putting $40+ a week into that game by myself :(

We need more 3rd Strikers from TO:Extreme to come down to Timezone, powercards > tokens

fluxcore

Cool, thanks for that. Sorry to hear about XI :(((

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Orochi

UPDATE!

CRAP GAMES THAT ARE STILL HERE:
STREET FIGHTER 3: THIRD BORE
TEKKEN 5.3 feat. Bob
STORM VS MAGNETO 2: NEW AGE OF SENTINEL
TEKKEN 5 Stupid Resurrection

AWESOME GAMES THAT ARE STILL HERE:
CHOCOLATE FACTORY

AWESOME GAMES THAT AREN'T HERE:
ARCANA HEART
MELTY BLOOD
KING OF FIGHTERS
STREET FIGHTER THE MOVIE THE GAME

JoeKage

Oh Man I just got back from WGTN (Great City) and I didnt think WGTN had a MvC2 machine  >:(. Last time I played there was in 05 out in Lower Hood but that timezone is closed now. There was no competition either apart from the guy who worked thier who was kinda average. Dammit next time  ::)
Sage of the 6 Paths

Orochi

there's a couple of us that can play, unfortunately one was probably working at oldboy, one probably went home to singapore and i'm in chch.

next time maybe :3

JoeKage

Quote from: Orochi on December 29, 2008, 11:52:01 AM
there's a couple of us that can play, unfortunately one was probably working at oldboy, one probably went home to singapore and i'm in chch.

next time maybe :3

For sure I'll Hola  ;D ;D ;D
Sage of the 6 Paths

Chuckk

I didn't really like this arcade to begin with but my opinion is warming.
3s is really the only game there with any comp, Tekken 6 as well but I've no idea how good the comp is.

The staff are actually pretty sweet, there was a smallish tournament in January (3rd Strike), which was like $0.50 sign up or something, some decent prizes and spot prizes, and all entrants got a free drink which was a nice touch, as well as the machine kept on freeplay for another hour or so.
3s Comp is a lot better than it was a 18 months ago in Wellington, but if it's not your game, it's not your game (however it really is the ONLY game).

People I were talking too were generally not sold on Street Fighter IV though, because of the whole no parrying thing, but if it was to come to the arcade, I'm sure they would convert.

RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

gunsmoke

I'm gong to visit the mall next thursday . Need 2 do something in Wellington . So might be dropping by
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

gunsmoke

Will be arriving in Wellington on thursday . Hopefully will meet some one at the mall for some MVC2 , 3rd strike , KOF 98 and 11 if there any  :-\.....or anything...I be using clockwork team on MVC2 8)

moose!

No one plays MVC2 really.

I'll probably stop by and play some 3S on my way to work in the afternoon though if you're in then.

gunsmoke

Quote from: moose! on February 17, 2009, 08:48:55 PM
No one plays MVC2 really.

I'll probably stop by and play some 3S on my way to work in the afternoon though if you're in then.

Sweet I donno wot time i finish doing things in town but sure will be there sometime maybe afternoon........if u see a guy using Golden Q , Golden Hugo , Red hair Remy and Makoto red ban is gonna be me. Im not professional player but i do play 3 strike :P ::) ::)

Orochi

Bah! I'm heading to chch today! I'll try to get into timezone and hope you're there, i'm one of the only 3 that play MvC2 anymore

gunsmoke

Finally i did....sad im the only one playing the MVC2.. :'( :'( nobody challenge me....and i did play 3rd strike quite long time....maybe too early no one there.....
Spoken to da manager in charge friendly as well but forgot his name.
Great place eat eat eat and window shopping...one of my fav shop Gharpic ....
Is my 1st time , Feel like stranger in town....walk circuit the town so tired..

Orochi

UPDATE!

3rd Strike (BROKEN)
Tekken 6 BR (2 cabs, freegames+supersession)
MvC2 (Nobody plays, might as well get rid of it)
Tekken 5 DR (BROKEN)
King of Fighters XI (ABOUT FUCKING TIME)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

God i wish yifans would get KOFXI back. The only reason i stopped playing it before was because they moved it to a shit cabinet with sticks/buttons that didnt work.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.