• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Wellington- Timezone Manners Mall

Started by Orochi, October 27, 2007, 05:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose!

Who's Patrick? Never heard of him.

Chuckk

Quote from: jsculls on April 07, 2011, 10:57:23 PM
i dont really recall playing many people other than patrick, who do you main?

Urien, use to be a lot of Makoto. I use everyone in TZ pretty much, almost everyone who comes in doesn't really warrant picking Urien.

When did you use to play there?
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

jsculls

hmmm i dont think i ever saw you then, played there a few years back when they first got it but mostly used to play at timeout extreme.

moose - patrick was like super ridiculous at that game then I think he went off to the army? pretty much like every tournament he'd win

massi4h

Pretty sure Patrick came up for nationals and was rocking a mean Elena.

Chuckk

Quote from: jsculls on April 11, 2011, 08:13:19 PM
hmmm i dont think i ever saw you then, played there a few years back when they first got it but mostly used to play at timeout extreme.

moose - patrick was like super ridiculous at that game then I think he went off to the army? pretty much like every tournament he'd win

He was being sarcastic.

also, we use to play at TO extreme, in like mid-late 2007. But 3s in Welly got a lot better for the most part between 2008-2010. There are/were more players worth playing against than just Patrick. Between moose, another guy who doesn't post here and I, we leveled up a lot in that time. For the most part, other than us, not many people have bothered to keep playing because they just think that patrick especially, is too good and they can never beat him. Patrick still won probably every tournament in that time though, but in general play and those tournaments they got a lot closer. Also moose eliminated him from nationals last year.

Anyway, who do you/did you use? and do you still play at all? moose and I are going to have some sessions in prep for nats sometime soon hopefully, been playing other stuff a lot more since TZ closed, was getting closeish to my platinum card too.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

jsculls

I'd be keen to play again, same reason wanna prac for nats. I play Yun and Dudley mostly but reasonable with Ken and Chun.

Keen for some 3s lessons (probably trash by now).

Chuckk

yeah bro we're keen for more players who want to play and get better, definite shortage of that here, for all games I guess.

Pity there's no TZ for it, but practice on MCA's is probably not the best with Nats in mind.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

jsculls

This is gonna sound stupid but what are MCA's? Mame cabinets?

I'll post something in the Wellington section when it gets going but I've contacted Old Boy entertainment about setting up a weekly RanBat. At this stage I'm thinking SSF4, MVC3 and T6 but that's only coz I figured those would be the games MOST people play nowadays.

Tekken is in there because realistically that's Wellington's biggest fighting game player base and we need a player base.

geneterror

Quote from: jsculls on April 12, 2011, 01:22:25 PM
This is gonna sound stupid but what are MCA's?
The horrible old fish n' chip shop styled sticks.
KOW 2011

samurai black

jsculls

haha true that, once I switched to wobbly I realised how bad those were!

Chuckk

Those sticks aren't that bad tbh. The buttons are the real killer.

RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

Kim

jsculls

I'm actually his brother, I told him to post on Tekken Zaibatsu coz my old login (daiperthrust) is lost to the ages. I've changed email addy's and cant b bothered getting another one sent.

GG's last night by the way, your win % is beast!

Kim

Oh yeah we used to play tekken against each other.. I was the only brown dude in [toH]

haha yeah ggs that win % didn't save me from the hidings last night though