• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Super Street Fighter IV A.E.

Started by acewingz, December 22, 2010, 10:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridethelightning

Awesome, Will have a bash on it tomorrow whilst at work :D

amendonz

Nick4now

Managed to get in a few games with Yun and I'll just briefly put up a few things I've found:

- You can't combo into a fierce dash punch after his TC (st.lp, st.lk, st.mp). Every other Dash punches work.

- Smoof was right, lp palm is fake palm  ;D

- I found that cr.lk, cr.lp, st.lp, st.mp roundhouse upkicks was a much more reliable combo than his TC. Was a bit scared to use it against crouching chars fearing st.lp/st.mp would whiff but after a while I was like fuck it I'll try it anyways and it hits clean  :)

- Genei Jin feel a little bit different compared to 3s. My combos worked but the timing is different. I couldn't TC into Genei Jin without inserting a lk shoulder. Might be because of my execution though  :P

- St.mk works well as an AA... But only close! you can also SJC it like 3s into watever the hell you want for mixups/resets.

- I couldn't TC EX dash punch into U1... EX dash punch didn't seem like it launched the opponent high enough.

- U2 works like Dudley's U1. Played against mainly Guile, Ken and Sagat players today and it caught them all  :D

- It's been mentioned before but you can't OTG dive kick. But I found that you won't need to since having 3 different angled dive kicks is really gonna give your opponent even more trouble haha

- His FA sucks balls.... I think

- In case you guys were wondering winner can change ultra.

That's all for now. I didn't bother trying out Yang because I'm not interested in him at all  :P I would put up more info the next time I go and rock AE but you guys will probably have it too by then.

edit: Also after people stopped challenging me I played 1 player hoping to see Evil Ryu/Oni Akuma. Got a decent amount of perfects and ultra/super finishes. I defeated Seth and well.... nothing  :'(

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Hey yeah i forgot about them - Deizal Ryu and Bourbino AKuma.

Hey probably gonna add them in later.

Lucky guy got to play AE. I'm probably just gonna stick with vanilla chars like i did with super. Havn't even touched the super chars lol..

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Nick4now

Oh yeah I played against a Bison player too bro. After a block string into scissors kick, cr.lk seemed to whiff sometimes  ;D

I should've mentioned how the machine played too. It felt a little laggy but no way near as bad as Yifans. While one of my matches against a Guile player his buttons momentarily stopped working (Stick was working fine though). Also during one of mine and Andy's games it crashed on us too haha

Skullator

Keen for some arcade missions down to CHCH now, real keen.

Rorooze

If TZ gets proper cabs with the nice lag free 32 lcd's then that'll be the only place worth playing imo.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Nick4now on December 24, 2010, 05:53:46 PM
Oh yeah I played against a Bison player too bro. After a block string into scissors kick, cr.lk seemed to whiff sometimes  ;D

He probably outta range. You gotta have Bison like powers to get that lk. You gotta hit sk real deep (safe one of course). I hope that's the case anyway. They fucked up my Sagat pressure in super, i don't want them to fuck up my Bison pressure in AE.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Nick4now

Quote from: EventhubsLight Scissor Kicks push back further when blocked, making it harder to punish him, but also making it more difficult to keep pressure on with Crouching Light Kick afterwards.

They fucked up your Bison pressure in AE.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Queen st TZ has this. Played a few games as yang. Will do a write up when I have a computer next.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 24, 2010, 05:40:13 PM
Hey yeah i forgot about them - Deizal Ryu and Bourbino AKuma.

Hey probably gonna add them in later.

Lucky guy got to play AE. I'm probably just gonna stick with vanilla chars like i did with super. Havn't even touched the super chars lol..

No offense weazzy but c.lk xx lk scissor pressure and s.lk xx tiger kneee pressure is/was braindead. Its like jab "pressure" from rog.

CptMunta

The lagg is most likely due to the display settings not being anywhere near as good as the tvs native res. I think arcade sf4 is 720p. Should be fine once settings are sussed. I'll be there boxing day morning :D
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on December 24, 2010, 07:01:13 PM
No offense weazzy but c.lk xx lk scissor pressure and s.lk xx tiger kneee pressure is/was braindead. Its like jab "pressure" from rog.

lp lp lp  lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp . Was easier than me actulay righting that lp string on my keyboard lol.

I don't get what you mean though tbh.

Quote from: Nick4now on December 24, 2010, 06:35:32 PM
They fucked up your Bison pressure in AE.

Farrrrrrrrrkkkkkk. WTF!!! Fucking kungs. They make cool chars stupid as shit. This is fucking stupid. Make me play like fuckin turtle and shit.

Skullator

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 24, 2010, 08:31:24 PM
lp lp lp  lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp lp . Was easier than me actulay righting that lp string on my keyboard lol.

I don't get what you mean though tbh.

Farrrrrrrrrkkkkkk. WTF!!! Fucking kungs. They make cool chars stupid as shit. This is fucking stupid. Make me play like fuckin turtle and shit.

Hate to say it, but I know exactly what Ben is talking about. That shit is chip, pushback, and frametrap. It's lol, and it's being toned down.
Weazzy, you are good enough to do fine without it, but alot of bisons rely on stupid M.Bison only mechanics to avoid real game mechanics. (EX PC to get out of problem situations and stay safe versus certain characters instead of being good at crouch teching etc etc. I'm thinking Somniax versus Brodie btw, nothing to do with W.Bison.