• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Super Street Fighter IV A.E.

Started by acewingz, December 22, 2010, 10:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackSmash

If you arent abusing the cheap stuff you arent playing the game right.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea, so Yang.

I haven't really been paying much attention to videos, so most of this you guys probably know.

Normals:

Normals feel a lot like 3s. Only real notable difference being that you can do SF4 links with them. eg. The BnB that i was using was c.lp -> c.lp -> s.lp -> c.mk -> rekkas. I was also doing c.lp -> c.lp -> s.lp -> target combo. Damage was comparable to the rekka version. Not sure if he can set anything up off of this yet (ie Ultra)

c.lp/s.lp feel faster than what they look like in the videos.

s.mk seems to be the go-to anti air normal. Functions a lot like Bisons s.hk when far away, and the close one works well when they're above your head AND you get a launch from it. At one point it looked like it was losing to Kens nj.mk, though i think i was probably just hitting non-hittable frames with it. Didn't really attempt to use any other normals as AA tbh.

c.mk is your poke. c.mk -> rekka is a retardedly easy hit confirm. Also changes your hitbox so you can use it to dodge jump ins/crossups.

j.hk is a good air to air. Not much else to say here. Its got an interesting angle.

j.mk seems like it would be a good jump in, but his jump is floaty as, so i don't think it will see much practical use in this regard. Especially not since the dive kicks are so good.

Specials:

First 2 rekkas are safe on block. (Or at the very least, PRETTY FUCKING SAFE.) You have a pretty large window to connect the whole chain, and hit confirming them feels easier than with Fei long.

Damage on EX rekkas is pretty underwhelming. Its GOOD, but i think because I'm comparing it to 3s I was expecting more. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if i had an overinflated idea of the damage it does in 3s.

Teleport is...not shit. Like, not shit at all. That shit is safe as soon as he stops by the looks of things, but it IS punishable during the actual movement. Honestly though, if you use it sparingly, it looks like you could use it for some pretty beastly mixups. Its HEAPS better than 3s.

Another thing HEAPS better than 3s is his DP kick (they switched the teleport and DP kick motions around so that now the DP kick is ACTUALLY a DP motion) The lk version of this is actually pretty fast, seems to have good invincibility, and is FADCable into his U2 (but you dont get the full animation from what i can tell. I might be timing it badly though.) FADC U1 does not work. mk and hk versions he does a roll first, just like in 3s. Goes through fireballs during the roll. EX is faster and goes full screen. None of these can punish a full screen fireball though. Half screen you're golden.

Palm builds meter. Negates fireballs. Can be used in a blockstring against people that suck. Pretty average move imo. Might be able to bring some cool shit mixing it up with the fake though.

Command grab is like Fei longs.

Super:

Seiei Enbu. Its fucking weird. I couldn't cancel my normals into specials when it was active. I could do specials standalone, and i could chain normals, but i physically COULD NOT do a fucking c.mk -> rekka while i had the super active. That doesn't seem right. I must be missing something. But if it ACTUALLY functions like this, Id rather burn my meter on rekkas.

Ultras:

U1: TBH, didn't really find a use for this outside of "Smoof stop moving. I want to do the ultra."

U2: Seems better. Punishes fireballs at ALMOST full screen on reaction. If you've got balls of steel and brains of mush, you can probably predict one and land it, since it seems to go full screen. Can FADC his dp kick into it, but you don't get the full animation. As i said, I might be timing it badly. Not sure though. ONLY has fireball invincibility. U2 WILL LOSE TO MEATYS ON WAKEUP.

General notes:

Yang is a braindead character. Hes really strong, and anyone with half a brain can use him. Shit easy links. Safe pressure. Invincible DP. He is almost SF4 personified. Almost everything you hate about the game IS Yang.

Almost everything.

He is NOT a turtle. And he is ACTUALLY fun to use. These 2 points alone make him worth it.

All in all, hes an awesome character, with a really easy learning curve. I wasn't going to play him, but Im gonna have a crack at seeing what mixup shenanigans i can come up with around his teleport/palm/fakepalm/command throw. He has JUST enough pressure to be able to make these things effective. But on first impressions, Yun seems better. Genei Jin is better. And he can do EX hand -> Ultra without FADCing. Yang might be able to set up his damage better due to his mixup options off of teleport, and the safety of his rekkas. Time will tell.

Also, it will be good when someone who isnt awful at 3s has a crack at him and tells me everything I've said is wrong. TBH I could be getting the wrong impression of him.

As for the TZ setup. It needs some nicer buttons. And the screen is in the wrong aspect ratio. One of the cabs is higher than the other, and I needed to go grab a stool to be comfortable. Plus that cab doesn't have a working HK button. Delay feels much better than yifans. But i still had trouble teching easy throws.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Skull and Ben.

No offense but you's just don't understand Bison like i do.
I gotta bad feeling he's gonna be shit.

There's so many ways to get outta that pressure. There's NJ (big Punish)/Poke him outta sk(sweeps,mp's &mk's or lp's)/BD (punish)/DP (any dp sort move)/FA or some shit. Just do something.

I couldn't care less about his U2. I thought that the big reason he was high in tier list. He had the sk in vanilla. He seemed allgood. SK is like his core game right there.

Also that 'so it's hard to punish' bit is crack up. Who the fuck's throwing out punishable sk's? lmfao. Evidence that scrubs had a part in this nerf.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Chuckk

Thanks for the write up Bill.

EX slashes are goodish damage in 3s but the stun is really the kicker on them in that game. Obv it'll be a little harder to figure that out without the numbers showing but im sure youll get a feel for it.

Teleport IS ass in 3s EXCEPT for positioning after a knockdown from slashes etc. crossups etc.

Seiei Enbu, yeah, lol. The rollerblading brother deserves a worse super just for that, and thats what he has always gotten. I'm fairly sure an early promo video for AE showed normals or his chains into slashes xx teleport ultra from behind, so I imagine it can be done, HOPEFULLY.

If you get a chance to jump in with MK try cancel it in the air into mk dive kick like in 3s. Also how shit is his kick chain? Can anything be done after target combo palm in corner or anything? Can he palm into slashes in corner? Can he aa cl.mk into more than one slash in the corner? (seen j wong do one slash curious if more can be done), either slash1 slash2 or slash1 wait slash1 or slash1 s fierce or any ex, more likely knowing how sf4 works.

Also in general does he appear to stun the opponent quickly?

Otherwise good luck have fun playing him and all the best for beasting with him.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Cheers Chuck. Ill look into that stuff next time im there. Probably boxing day haha.

I really wish id done some reading beforehand. Yang can do hp slashx2 -> FADC -> cl.mk -> SJC -> whiff mk dive kick, land -> U1. Can be done anywhere by the looks of things
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 25, 2010, 01:01:40 AM
Skull and Ben.

There's so many ways to get outta that pressure. There's NJ (big Punish)/Poke him outta sk(sweeps,mp's &mk's or lp's)/BD (punish)/DP (any dp sort move)/FA or some shit. Just do something.

I couldn't care less about his U2. I thought that the big reason he was high in tier list. He had the sk in vanilla. He seemed allgood. SK is like his core game right there.

Also that 'so it's hard to punish' bit is crack up. Who the fuck's throwing out punishable sk's? lmfao. Evidence that scrubs had a part in this nerf.

Just play him as is now. Sounds like he's just less cheap now.

[8-----D] Toots

Skull and Ben.

Your probably right bro but being a viable character just because you have something abusable like c.lk xx scissor trap is dumb character design. Beef up other parts of his game or give him new tools instead of relying on scrubby stuff.

If you think its easy to get out of then I think your opinion is a bit biased. Your taking very little risk to apply fairly high pressure. Most characters have to rely on you stuffing up, taking a risk or burning meter (sometimes both of these things) to get out the sitaution. The way that c.lk xx scissors and s.hk work together in the corner is pretty gdlk.

Chuckk

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on December 25, 2010, 10:04:31 AM
Cheers Chuck. Ill look into that stuff next time im there. Probably boxing day haha.

I really wish id done some reading beforehand. Yang can do hp slashx2 -> FADC -> cl.mk -> SJC -> whiff mk dive kick, land -> U1. Can be done anywhere by the looks of things

damn thats a beefy combo. Be good to hear if you can get that down cause it sounds nasty. Would that make U1 the pick of the two?
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

TBH, i would still pick U2 against fireball characters just to discourage their fireball game. If they can't keep you at distance, Yang gets the advantage.

Also, according to the spooky stream. Fuerte's stop has less recovery. It was 3 frames before. Fuck knows what it is now. Useless buff imo. Might make RSF easier though. Which is pretty dumb. Its easy enough now.

Also, Chris Hu sang 'Last Christmas'. It was amazing.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on December 25, 2010, 11:20:34 AM
Your probably right bro but being a viable character just because you have something abusable like c.lk xx scissor trap is dumb character design. Beef up other parts of his game or give him new tools instead of relying on scrubby stuff.

If you think its easy to get out of then I think your opinion is a bit biased. Your taking very little risk to apply fairly high pressure. Most characters have to rely on you stuffing up, taking a risk or burning meter (sometimes both of these things) to get out the sitaution. The way that c.lk xx scissors and s.hk work together in the corner is pretty gdlk.

Agree, and Weazzy do keep in mind you don't actually need to play a character to understand them.
We can play AGAINST dictators, and have a good understanding of how it feels to sit in the SK pressure, right? Do you have any idea how it feels to go against dictator without being dictator? Better question.. lol.

Do what you gotta do end of the day, it's been done =\

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bro at the end of the day you's don't know shit when it comes to dictator tbh.

Have you played over 4000 games with dictator? No. I've seen everything when it comes to dictator. You play Chun and yet i could show you a few things in the matchup tbh.

I've seen every char do shit to get outta the sk 'trap'(lol).

And 'biased' lol. Honestly guys. It's about having more bison know how then you's put together. I would never ever say i know this about your char and you dont'. I would never win that argument. It's LOL material. That's not being biased at all.

Quote from: Skullator on December 25, 2010, 07:34:21 PM
Do you have any idea how it feels to go against dictator without being dictator? Better question.. lol.

I've been putting that shit on! Of course i know what beats it and shit. Damn Skull.

Don't moan about Bison core gameplay. Come on guys. Moan about DP's or something.

edit: keep in mind i'm krunk as fuck. Also, you think maining and dedicating shitload of man hours to Bison has nothing to do with other chars. You pretty much are trying to say I been maining Bison but i don't really know shit about him. Merry Xmas.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[8-----D] Toots

I really dont wanna argue but when you post...

NJ, Poke and FA all lose to c.lk xxscissors ~ c.lk xxscissors if your execution is on point (char specific stuff may apply). Note im only talking about c.lk  xx scissors rinse, wash, repeat. If you mix it up with c.lk xx scissors ~ scissors or c.lk xx scissors ~ s.hk then you will start getting beaten by stuff like NJ poke and fa. BD in the corner gets you know where and dps are risky or require you to burn meter.

Read my post first and see if anything I say is wrong cause I dont wanna start any silly arguments because of a misunderstanding

karizzma

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on December 25, 2010, 03:40:17 PM
Also, according to the spooky stream. Fuerte's stop has less recovery. It was 3 frames before. Fuck knows what it is now. Useless buff imo. Might make RSF easier though. Which is pretty dumb. Its easy enough now.

Hey did you see tokido posted that TKD gave up with El Fuerte due to tortilla changes and is now rocking Balrog? What are those changes on the tortilla bro?

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

no invincibility , can be jabed out of it apparently
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja on December 25, 2010, 10:44:32 PM
no invincibility , can be jabed out of it apparently

It had piss all invincibility before. You can't be jabbed out of it because no jab has a hitbox above the characters head afaik. Not sure what you mean here. I still don't even understand what the nerf even IS.

Basically, as far as I can understand. all this nerf means is that it doesn't beat uppercuts anymore. That sucks, because it makes basic shoto matchups harder, but TBH, unless I'm missing something, I really don't think its a big nerf. I sure as hell didn't use it for its invincibility. 90% of its functionality will still be there.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.