• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Super Street Fighter IV A.E.

Started by acewingz, December 22, 2010, 10:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/character.html

another row of characters perhaps? or just wishful thinking?

CrazyMobius

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: HoneyBadger on March 29, 2011, 01:07:19 PM
This. This is probably one of the big divides in our community. I know it's a big deal in Aus. Some characters are so different that there's either a) no point playing at home or b) no point going to the arcade. I'm less concerned about balance and more concerned about how we wont have a consistent medium to practise on.
Fuck that g balance.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

Would prefer a new disc/game tbh even though they said they wouldn't do that when super came out. I still think it's cool to have all the versions of the SF4 series seperate. It's like replacing A2 with A3. If you completely patch it then the original is gone. I'd love to pull out vanilla SF4 some time in the future.

Rorooze

if they change AE for consoles they should also release a patch for the arcades. it can't be that hard and it keeps everything the same. different console/arcade versions = KAKA

massi4h

Well half the reason it was put on console first was to test and patch heaps before releasing it on arcade because they can't patch arcade machines or it's too hard?

CptMunta

Quote from: Rorooze on March 29, 2011, 04:49:08 PM
if they change AE for consoles they should also release a patch for the arcades. it can't be that hard and it keeps everything the same. different console/arcade versions = KAKA

Maybe capcom will release another character besides Oni, E Ryu, Yun and Yang. Would make business sense putting exclusive characters in the arcade and trickling the releases to console. Keep arcade owners happy and pull people away from their homes to get a head start on everyone else. Not ideal for everyone but a possibility.

I'm pretty sure capcom Japan's intention wasn't to have a balanced game for arcades anyway and wanted to shake things up. A fast paced more rushdown orientated game works better in the arcades and having Yang and Yun powerful mean people will use them. As apposed to the better safe than sorry underpowered console exclusive characters we got in vanilla. I prefer AE from what I've played of it Rose nerfs and all. More rushdown and less blocking is usually a good thing ;)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

EXC355UM

http://bit.ly/gUt8hO

Looks like we're going DLC and not disc. Plus, plenty of new replay channel features.  :)

scribble

Nice! Looking foward to this. Cheers Ali. Replay channel stuff looks pretty cool too.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

massi4h

Video taken down already >.<

http://kotaku.com/#!5789922/four-new-fighters-enter-the-ring-in-super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-dlc

It's on there atm.

What confused me is that it said you can play with people without the patch or something like that? So it's saying Bison and Abel mainers should not patch and online will be really weird?

Or will the have it like hsf2 style? I always thought it'd be cool if you could pick O.Akuma or O.Sagat lol.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: massi4h on April 08, 2011, 08:21:58 AM
Video taken down already >.<

http://kotaku.com/#!5789922/four-new-fighters-enter-the-ring-in-super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-dlc

It's on there atm.

What confused me is that it said you can play with people without the patch or something like that? So it's saying Bison and Abel mainers should not patch and online will be really weird?

Or will the have it like hsf2 style? I always thought it'd be cool if you could pick O.Akuma or O.Sagat lol.

It's the first one. It says versus battles against regular SSFIV players also supported. You know what this means? It means we will have to pay for the patch.

electric

Makes me think the balance patches will be free, but the rest will be paid for - I'm not mad at that
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

Still not consistent with arcade =( Smoof sad
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

electric

Quote from: HoneyBadger on April 08, 2011, 08:58:38 AM
Still not consistent with arcade =( Smoof sad

How so ? the fact that you'll need to buy the new chars ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

Nah, they said they were going to make some balances since AE. Depending on the changes it could make a char weird again.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA