• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Blazblue level up jam at my place these holidays...

Started by geneterror, December 26, 2010, 09:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madaxe munkee

We don the blue beret. Pick up Arcus Diabolus Bolverk and put our guns on. For if there is an Assault to go Through, a Spring to be Raided, or a Bloom to be Triggered, we will be there.

We main Noel Vermillion.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: geneterror on December 29, 2010, 01:35:39 PM
All good bro, still probably have another jam next week if you keen.

ggs last night by the way. Sorry I was falling asleep at the end of our set which is why I switched to Tsubaki for the last couple. You nearly perfected me in that Bang mirror because I was on autopilot just mashing A and dropping all my combos :-[
I suck so bad with Tager :'(

You have got good fast though bro, keen for more 8) ;D

Ohh yeah. Might be keen for next week bra. I'll see what happens over this weekend.

Yer ggs last night mane. Hard i'm always falling asleep that late. But the addiction keeps you up untill you just mashing shit out hahaah.

Fuck i didn't stop mashing buttons till like the last two games haha. So hard to brake the crouch tech habbit from ssf4 (counter.counter.counter.counter.). heaps of times i was trying to AA. I don't think any of the moves i read that were AA were working. I tried 5a,5b, 5C and every other direction with every button including air to air too. Random air to air moves were working alright, but not consistent. And think blocking was doing me better.

The only thing i can do in this game proper are combo's haha. All the other shit i'm lost on still. That's why it's gonna be good to play offline with peeps that know what their doing with that sort of shit.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[8-----D] Toots

Im keen to come along if thats alright graeme? Got a copy of it now so been practicing a little bit

geneterror

KOW 2011

originaljulz

Lol at Caleb's now (you know that, we're playing you online now lolol) and I have my stick, so I will bring that with us tomorrow.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

originaljulz

P.S. MAH TAGER IZ AWESOME KEKEKE. (Both of those matches were my first proper Tager matches hahaha)

Taku

thnx again for havin us at yours today gene, your some kind of awesome  ;D.

GGs to everyone i played. once evryone knew my gimmicky tager tricks i had to actually think about what i was gonna do next, thank god for his one-move,massive-damage.....moves.... ???

Caleb, i dont like how your noel turns my character into a ball for you to bounce around as you please.stop it.now.all in all though, she's solid.gonna have to figure out what i have to do against those drives too (apart from the obvious spam-Tagers-D-stay-the-hell-away-from-me tactic).

Julz, fighting hazama is always a headache for me, and yours is a great example of that, even if your mixups were just "average" lol. i was using backdash-4D to catch you coming in with your drives though, so maybe mixing up your follow-ups to your drives will allow you to get an opening?i know hazama's got one where he kinda flys around for a bit on his side of the screen before ending up in the opponents face,but meh iuno.

Ben, thanks for the ragna matches, i wasnt sure how to handle ragna pressure until now, but i got a fair-ish idea.sorry bout the mis-information on jumping C,i didnt know tagers toes were an active hitbox as well lol.that said you adapted pretty well and i started eating AA 4A's when i used it to get in.i think ragnas 5D would be a nightmare for tager simply bcuz tager has to grab @ point blank, and i dont think his sledge hammer (the forward moving slashy thingee he does) can go through it, only projectiles.

Graeme (graham?), your Bang is pretty good,but i think talking to John (the other Bang player) woulld be  more productive,he pays more attention to detail than i do, cuz im amazingly lazy like that.I'm with julz on this one though, he doesnt need 6(?) guard primers.4 maybe,6 no.

Snakey, that is the last fucking time i ask you for directions to get anywhere.but thanks for the feed afterwards  ;D

i learned alot today,i can tell cuz my head hurts.

I Fear Not The Man Who Has Practiced 10,000 Kicks Once, But I Fear The Man Who Has Practiced One Kick 10,000 Times.

--Bruce Lee

madaxe munkee

I learnt heaps today too lol. I've never had a real chance to vs Bang before now (and last night with Graeme). And Taku is probably the best Tager I've played lol, so that was interesting and alot of fun. I guess I'm just lucky that getting the game last week gave me just enough practice that I could up my damage to get through that thick health bar of his ><.

I learnt lots, was letting it mull over for a few hours even lol. Thanks heaps for the fun Graeme, it was great.
We don the blue beret. Pick up Arcus Diabolus Bolverk and put our guns on. For if there is an Assault to go Through, a Spring to be Raided, or a Bloom to be Triggered, we will be there.

We main Noel Vermillion.

Snakey

Quote from: Taku on December 30, 2010, 10:08:38 PM

Snakey, that is the last fucking time i ask you for directions to get anywhere.but thanks for the feed afterwards  ;D

but we still got home......after that massive drive in a circle.

Yea, Thanks for that Graeme, that was "O" for  awesome. Caleb your Noel is scary as, Julz your Hazama's just as scary.
And Taku........you owe me a feed.lol
Every man has a plan.........Until he gets hit.

geneterror

Quote from: Taku on December 30, 2010, 10:08:38 PMGraeme (graham?), your Bang is pretty good,but i think talking to John (the other Bang player) woulld be  more productive,he pays more attention to detail than i do, cuz im amazingly lazy like that.I'm with julz on this one though, he doesnt need 6(?) guard primers.4 maybe,6 no.
Yeah I definitely got a few good tips yesterday! I think we all achieved the goal for the day which was to level up a bit. Good tips from Snakey and Taku that I wasn't using neutral tech correctly/often enough, trying to chill on my mashing when I'm in long combos or stuck in the corner ;)
I think my Bang is doing alright considering I only decided to switch to him 3 or 4 weeks ago. Could definitely use another training session ;D

ggs all around to everyone and it was good to meet you properly Snakry and  Taku.

Ben, chur for the games of CvS2 to wind down. I need a better PS2 stick.
KOW 2011

originaljulz

Yeah GG's all. I think the best part is that we actually did what we set out to do, i.e. we all pretty much did level up. And like Caleb said, Taku's Tager is prob the best I've fought, and Snakeys Bang is the first proper Bang I've ever fought. So it was all good experience. Playing it the night before was just enough practice to be decent at Graeme's training session lolz..

Your Tager won most of the matches with me I think Taku, but I managed to get an Astral off kekeke.
Beginner mode money match rematch though lol.

I'm keen for round two level up jam.

massi4h

Sorry man take me off the list. Unfortunately I gotta practice Guitar Hero for WellyLAN and since I haven't played in like a month and I'm about to start summer school I won't be getting BBCS for a while. :(

madaxe munkee

:O which paper are you doing in Summer School Mason? And good luck for WellyLAN.

Lol can't take back those Astrals when you pull them off can you Julian. Snakey started getting me towards the end as well, I suspect if we'd had more time things might have turned around lol. I'm still keen to get better. More combos to learn, tricks and whatnot. It's gonna be alot of fun, messing on CS.

Happy New Year you guys lol.

We main Noel Vermillion.

Snakey

Quote from: geneterror on December 31, 2010, 09:43:00 AM
I think my Bang is doing alright considering I only decided to switch to him 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I believe your Bang is most excellent (no homo). 3 or 4 weeks?, and I struggled in the mirror match. Big Time.
I managed to learn some things off of your follow ups, real handy stuff.
And I might want another mirror match, online of course. If your keen?.

Oh shit, Ben... Dude, thanks for the Ragna matches, gave me insight to pressure type players. Well, mostly how to deal with Ragna's
pressure.

Well, time for me to improve, Might see you guys at the next one.

Happy New Year!. ;D
Every man has a plan.........Until he gets hit.

geneterror

Alright if anyone is keen on having some games this Saturday post up here ASAP.
Want to see what kind of numbers we have for people interested and stuff, the last part of my holiday is filling up with shit I have to get done fairly quickly and want to try and sus out if it's worth doing this Saturday or not.
So post up people, Lenny you still keen? Mason I know you're out and Euan is still away?
KOW 2011