• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Welcome back True Believers! The Comic Universe Thread

Started by samurai black, December 05, 2010, 10:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

speaking of walking dead, i heard they fired the entire writing team on the show. guess it was too different to the books

karizzma

Funny they did that. From what I have been reading Episode 4 was all done by the writer of the comic book? I cant remember the Mexicans being in the comic that early. Even the creator of the book changed it from the comic series.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: budafist on December 05, 2010, 09:47:47 AM
I might have to find the Walking Dead comics, me and DVS have just watched 5 episodes of the TV show ,its really good.

I recently read 'Crossed' its like a weird spin on zombie apocalypse where the zombies arent so much walking dead, as raving psychos that kill,rape and dismember everyone. its pretty harcore but well written.
Its by the Garth Ennis (Preacher, Hellblazer etc)

Sounds like a good spin.

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on December 05, 2010, 10:58:29 AM
Funny they did that. From what I have been reading Episode 4 was all done by the writer of the comic book? I cant remember the Mexicans being in the comic that early. Even the creator of the book changed it from the comic series.

they needed to bust out the RSF's before was too late bro.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on December 05, 2010, 10:58:29 AM

Frank Darabot (Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile) is the main writer for the show and has advised that it will be in the same universe but a different story to the Comic.  Characters and certain scenes will be in the show but will follow it's own road.

Also, most of those writers are also involved in other parts of the production so I think they come and go as writers to bounce ideas of Frank.

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

originaljulz

Yeh I heard that. First reaction was "hope this doesn't end up like Heroes."
Then I watched the IGN video announcing it, and they said the same thing lol.

I'm collecting The Walking Dead at the moment. Gooooood shit, and the show is just as good IMO.

I've read some of Crossed, but it wasn't from the beginning. Isn't it like, some sort of Satanic plague? Since they get that weird cross thing across their face?
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

stereomonkey

I think it will be sweet as, especially with it being produced by AMC who seem to be doing an awesome job.

But again, please don't end up like heroes :'(

samurai black

so i watched the scott pilgrim vs the world movie a few times, and really enjoyed it.

figured id try and read the source material again.

much easier to get into this time :)

gunsmoke

Quote from: samurai black on December 30, 2010, 11:58:36 AM
so i watched the scott pilgrim vs the world movie a few times, and really enjoyed it.

figured id try and read the source material again.

much easier to get into this time :)

Really ? I end up didnt finish watching 3 times and slept probably just finish work tired (*__*) . Might watch tonight
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

samurai black

some pics of chris evans and the new peter parker in costume. i like the new spidey suit.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

whoa captain america looks ALOT better than i thort he was going o , looks ready to kick some fuckn ass !!!!!!

dunno bout spideys suit till i see the mask , mask could make or break it , looks cool so far tho
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Barnstorm

Not sure about cat woman ive always thought she was a terrible character

karizzma

Dont know about Anne Hathaway as cat women... Halle Berry would have been nice lol. Pretty sick they are putting bane in, Im ready to see the bat get his back broken. They aint putting robin in this are they?

stereomonkey

Anne Hathaway would bee alright if she gains a little bit more meat and shows loads of tits like in love and other drugs. 

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Anne Hathaway? Aww mud. Wait a min. Aww Catwoman? Mud as.

I hope the guy who play Bane is 9 ft tall and has muscles on his muscles. Or else this will be shit. I hate it when the get puny guys to play muscular guys (no homo). Like that fag who played Venom on spiderman. Or the geek that played Goku and the rest of the DBZ cast were shit.

That batman movie with the terminator in it was the best cast ay. Everyone suited it so mint.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!