• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Welcome back True Believers! The Comic Universe Thread

Started by samurai black, December 05, 2010, 10:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

read ultimatum.

what a piece of shit. lots of pointless deaths.

also read transmetropolitan and that thing is awesome. more of a super hero comics kinda guy but a balls to the wall psycho journalist is also very entertaining.

Filter

I've been reading Battle Angel Alita. 5 volumes into it now. loads more to go.
The art is amazing and I'm surprised at how good the story is too.
I watched the OAV a lot years ago but the comics make a lot more sense.

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

stereomonkey

Quote from: Filter on May 17, 2011, 05:05:28 PM
I've been reading Battle Angel Alita. 5 volumes into it now. loads more to go.
The art is amazing and I'm surprised at how good the story is too.
I watched the OAV a lot years ago but the comics make a lot more sense.

Shit, I still havn't finished reading that!  Next thing on my list :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

Has any read Akira? I read that a while ago from the library. One of the best reading experiences in my life.

Filter

Yeah i think I read 4 of the 6 Akira books from the library. I've watched the movie like 30 times since the 90's.
It really is an amazing comic. I ended up keeping it for too long and got a $70 library fine like a retard and couldn't get the rest of the books out.

I real all of Osamu Tezuka's 'Buddha' from the library. I thought it might be boring and preachy or something but it is just an amazingly well paced and interesting story. It's long, there's about 10 books or so. There is an anime being made for it, or maybe it's out already but the trailer didn't look very good at all.

here's a new action scene with Batman

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Filter on May 18, 2011, 11:22:21 AM

I real all of Osamu Tezuka's 'Buddha' from the library. I thought it might be boring and preachy or something but it is just an amazingly well paced and interesting story. It's long, there's about 10 books or so. There is an anime being made for it, or maybe it's out already but the trailer didn't look very good at all.

Yeah I was the one that got those Buddha books into the library. I enjoyed them somewhat. But for some reason I can never really get into Tezuka's comics. I keep trying to force myself to like them cos he's the Grand Daddy of manga. But I dunno why I just can't.

Filter

CrazyMobius

Speaking of the library. That place really has an amazing selection of comics. Aside from their Marvel and DC selection they have choice stuff from Hernandez bros, Jim Woodring, Crumb etc. We are really very blessed.

Their manga collection is shit though.

Filter

they've got some stuff by Chris Ware too like Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid on Earth.
I went into the young adults section the other day and found out that's where they keep all the marvel collections and stuff. there's LOADS of it.

(we are talking about the wellington library aye? do you live in welly?)

originaljulz

Lol I don't think you guys are even talking about the same library, yet alone the same city.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

CrazyMobius

Yeah nah, I was talking about the Auckland Library a. Awesome comics collection.