• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN acount information compromised

Started by Flash, April 27, 2011, 11:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Nah I mean I just changed address since I first registered.

originaljulz

Quote from: massi4h on April 27, 2011, 11:07:25 PM
You mean you don't live on 123 Fake Street in California?

Lol. I do that too.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

haha yeah im always beverly hills , 90210 hahah
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

CptMunta

"Data-research firm tells Forbes price tag of PlayStation Network outage could be catastrophic; Sony offers FAQ, timeline as UK gov't readies enquiries."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6310436.html?tag=topslot;title;2
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

CptMunta

More info, the faq got updated:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/27/qa-1-for-playstation-network-and-qriocity-services/

Some points of interest:

QuoteQ: Was my personal data encrypted?
A: All of the data was protected, and access was restricted both physically and through the perimeter and security of the network. The entire credit card table was encrypted and we have no evidence that credit card data was taken. The personal data table, which is a separate data set, was not encrypted, but was, of course, behind a very sophisticated security system that was breached in a malicious attack.

Q: Was my credit card data taken?
A: While all credit card information stored in our systems is encrypted and there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained. Keep in mind, however that your credit card security code (sometimes called a CVC or CSC number) has not been obtained because we never requested it from anyone who has joined the PlayStation Network or Qriocity, and is therefore not stored anywhere in our system.

Q: When or how can I change my PlayStation Network password?
A: We are working on a new system software update that will require all users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. We will provide more details about the new update shortly.

Q: When will the PlayStation Network and Qriocity be back online?
A: Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday. However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Chocobuny

Ffs. The damage is done just put PSN back up <_<;

electric

QuoteKeep in mind, however that your credit card security code (sometimes called a CVC or CSC number) has not been obtained because we never requested it from anyone who has joined the PlayStation Network or Qriocity, and is therefore not stored anywhere in our system.

This means absolutely nothing whatsoever lol

I can forgive Sony for PSN going down for a week. I can forgive them for getting hacked. Shit, I can even forgive them for having my name/email/address unsecured.

BUT I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM FOR STORING MY PASSWORD AS PLAIN TEXT.

There is absolutely, without a doubt, NO excuse for not hashing passwords at the VERY LEAST. Now I know why fail0verflow called these guys 'Security Fail'. Fuck Sony - what a bunch of programming scrubs.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

karizzma

I think Im selling my fighters on PS3 now due to this. If no one is going to stay around (or even be able to access the PSN) then I might as well move over to the Xbox360.

redtie

Quote from: electric on April 28, 2011, 01:43:36 PM
There is absolutely, without a doubt, NO excuse for not hashing passwords at the VERY LEAST. Now I know why fail0verflow called these guys 'Security Fail'. Fuck Sony - what a bunch of programming scrubs.

Holy shit.. thats pretty noobish

originaljulz

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on April 29, 2011, 12:04:50 AM
I think Im selling my fighters on PS3 now due to this. If no one is going to stay around (or even be able to access the PSN) then I might as well move over to the Xbox360.

I'll buy your SSF4 lol.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

CrazyMobius

Probably a good move even if people ARE staying around from what I hear.

xkheretic

Quote from: electric on April 28, 2011, 01:43:36 PM
BUT I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM FOR STORING MY PASSWORD AS PLAIN TEXT.

Hahahaha.. Christ. So freeeee.

Do it. Gogogo.  I'll sell you MvC3 for the second time.  Hahaha.

Chocobuny

I just wanted 1 free ps1 game, no one wants shitty PSplus and I'm going to bet the free downloads are going to be for the most terrible games that don't sell in the first place. QQ.

WELL I GUESS THATS OKAY, NOT LIKE 2 MILLION PEOPLE, INCLUDING ME HAD TO CANCEL THEIR CREDIT CARD AND GET A NEW ONE IN. NOT TO MENTION 77 MILLION PEOPLE'S PERSONAL INFO ARE IN THE HANDS OF PEOPLE WHO HACK SHIT. THX SONY CAN I TAKE MORE OF YOUR DICK PLZ