• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Timetables

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

Quote from: Coddfish on January 25, 2007, 03:30:07 PM
Doesn't seem like any other people play much Guilty Gear though, which since getting my stick I've been playing pretty much exclusively.

What console do you play on? I'm in howick, wouldn't having some training sessions with you.

I only know 2 chars tho  :(
fighting game noob

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

me me me me me me me.....let me play too......

JOHNNY ;D
The New Generation Clockw0rk

gunsmoke

U guys going tommorow?? 30TH January wot time?? Same time?? Same place Yifan??  ???
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: fluxcore on January 25, 2007, 05:03:08 PM
Quote from: Coddfish on January 25, 2007, 03:30:07 PM
Doesn't seem like any other people play much Guilty Gear though, which since getting my stick I've been playing pretty much exclusively.

And good shit, too! I don't understand why GG hasn't become much more popular than it has. I wasn't really interested for a while (I played X on DC and didn't think much), but when I saw the matches on Evo2k5 dvds I decided it was time to learn... eddie. :D

--flux

Back when Yifans was running two Guilty Gear XX machines(The previous version from #Reload). Two players named kingpic and feijay were beating the cr@p out of other the players using Potemkin and Johnny respectively... Due to the damage being so high, people were eating ~80% combos most of the time from those two players, and that's when I believed the popularity died down.
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

fluxcore

Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on January 31, 2007, 12:24:36 AM
Back when Yifans was running two Guilty Gear XX machines(The previous version from #Reload). Two players named kingpic and feijay were beating the cr@p out of other the players using Potemkin and Johnny respectively... Due to the damage being so high, people were eating ~80% combos most of the time from those two players, and that's when I believed the popularity died down.

Actually it was big damage combos from Slayer and Eddie that made me interested :D I guess it's different when you're paying to play in the arcade and just getting beasted though... :D

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Ryan

I'll be starting uni again soon, so I'll probably be in around lunch time most week days for about an hour or 2
fighting game noob

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: Ryan on January 31, 2007, 12:53:14 PM
I'll be starting uni again soon, so I'll probably be in around lunch time most week days for about an hour or 2

I have a policy of not going to Yifans till after 4ish...

There is a XX machine in the gym... Too bad the Yifans guys took it out of the proper cabinet and chucked it in a sh!tty little cabinet. But $1 for 3 games is not bad... I always see Sol noobs playing it when I go to the gym... 360 motion plus mashing buttons!!!

Anybody towning tonight? I feel like cheesing at #R after going to the gym, but Zenki will most probably come along and kick my arse...

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on January 31, 2007, 01:17:34 PM

Anybody towning tonight? I feel like cheesing at #R after going to the gym, but Zenki will most probably come along and kick my arse...

Teach me Guilty Gear fool you and Zenki also Im a Sol masher *sigh*

Im in Thurs and Fri maybe Tues going hard on the Tekken DR machines or trying to demote that Cervantes on Soul Calibur 3. Yo Diablo who is that dude I want a Mirror match....
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

!DIABLO GTR!

Teaching Guilty Gear is not easy... My manualness comes from 3 years playing and getting my arse kicked a lot before I started doing that back to them...

As for the Cerventes guy...
I don't know...
But I don't think he is that tough... Is he? You kicked my arse with Cerventes, you should be able to beat him.

Zenki

Sup guys

I'm the GGXX #R noob of Yifans playing DR most of the time.

fluxcore

Quote from: Zenki on February 02, 2007, 01:59:59 AM
Sup guys

Welcome to the site! There are a few people here that play GG (including myself), so hopefully we can get some comp stirred up!

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

I'm gonna be in Yifans about lunchtime on Monday. If anyones down for a challenge on MvC2, CvS2 or wants to kick my ass on KOF I'll be the guy in the green Boston Celtics hat with the tattoos.
If anyone else knows a time they're gonna be there on the weekend post up here. I only live about 10 mins walk from Yifans so if I'm not already busy I can bust it down for a challange.
After watching some of the match vids posted up here I realise I'm pretty rusty but should be able to get up to speed on MvC2 fairly quickly (wish I could practice at home) and I'm fairly confident I could hold my own on CvS2.
Game on!
KOW 2011

Ryan

Quote from: fluxcore on February 02, 2007, 09:27:56 AM
Quote from: Zenki on February 02, 2007, 01:59:59 AM
Sup guys

Welcome to the site! There are a few people here that play GG (including myself), so hopefully we can get some comp stirred up!

--flux

He lies! The GGXX #R master....

*runs away in fear

geneterror, I might be keen to come for a visit on monday too, around lunch time  ;D   Should be fun
fighting game noob

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: Ryan on February 02, 2007, 01:00:06 PM

ssssssshhhhhhh... you're blowing his cover!  :)

gunsmoke

Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on February 02, 2007, 10:28:25 PM
Quote from: Ryan on February 02, 2007, 01:00:06 PM

ssssssshhhhhhh... you're blowing his cover!  :)

Must be your favourite to challenge XBOX ;D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!