• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Auckland - BK Timezone Queen St

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Glad to see everyone's getting into this. It's good to see TZ taking this seriously with more cabs tourneys etc. Personally I prefer Yifans as Timezone is a bit dark and the air conditioning is terrible.

Will be cool if both arcades get different crews of players.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bro how much Yang palm take off? Looks like heaps.

Where the unblockable gonna come from? Are you thinking about that overhead?

Man SF doesn't have enough overheads i reckon.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

electric

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/11/yangs-super-can-do-lot-damage-ssf4-arcade-edition/

A couple of mid combo resets and Yuns health disappears.

Unblockables will come from overhead (shadow) and low short at the same time - since you obviously can't block high AND low at the same instant, shit will get nuts.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Still don't see the unblockable part. Looks like a hard to block, but not UNblockable.

Looks very powerful on that eventhubs vid ay. VERY powerful.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

electric

Well if you're getting hit high and low at the exact same moment, there's no way to block that. Hence it being UNblockable.

But yeah, it still remains to be seen whether the game engine even allows this to happen
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

That's what i meant i can only see the overhead. But if the low is unseeable then it's def unblockable.

I might just be blind though. I don;t have my locs on.

karizzma

El Fuerte should have an unblockable/unpunishable/unfocusable splash... just saying. Oh RSF is much easier for anyone who cares.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

dang that yun super is insane damage for not even hitting with full super , that was about halfway .
crazy sheeeeeeeeeeeet

ggs today also everyone
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[8-----D] Toots

Weazzy Im talking about the potential for Yang to have unblockable setups in the future. Seems very possible imo

Dont watch this video if you thought vanilla 4 was broken

If you skip to around 6:00 you can see some alpha 3 unblockables using v ism. Obviously your not gonna get things as ridiculous as this in sf4 but you can see how shade type supers have potential for a lot of bullshit.

EDIT: GGs everyone today. Honda got hit pretty hard with the nerf bat but Sol was still beasting us. Im finding Yuns damage output a little low at this point outside of gj. Hopefully better bnbs are figured out for him but I cant really see how...oh and yeah most moves/normals will beat divekick if you get them out in time. Just have to mixup your divekick pressure with empty jumps normal jump ins and crossups.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yeah dam you sol , at least the matches last longer now honda does less damage lol

jacks yang is pretty beast too as is bens yun for only a few days play .

i hate you all  ;D
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

JackSmash

GGs all

Yang vs Honda is bs. I think this is the one matchup where Yang actually gets raped, you actually cant get in without losing 50% of your hp to bs normals and HB's.

Dam you Sol i hate you and your gay Honda  :P

zos'la

mm wish lunch time was longer!!!!
hope to get some more games with u guys soon.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Hondas damage has been nerfed to shit, and he cant use jab headbutt anymore at all.

But his FUCKING STANDING FIERCE MAKES ME RAGE
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Haha was he using it as poke? Or was he using standing fail hands lol.

ABC_SMN

hey guys... you sure Yun and Yang are good......??
Its pretty hard to play again like Guile, Gief, E honda, Even DJ..... FFS  :-[