• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Street Fighter 4 Auckland 2nd Tournament 2009

Started by zos'la, March 30, 2009, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

Quote from: zosla on April 01, 2009, 09:22:03 AM
I t was just my though, as i have to come a very good Seth and from what I have recently seen he has some uber combinations. And yes i rather fight a Seth than a Sagat :)
THe points i pointed out was to share and get opinions from you guys, I am in not position in anyway saying Seth is the best character. Just pointing his skills which I believe it may be a concern.

But as Ben pointed out some view points of his it may seem not so bad afterall.
I am just wanting to make this up coming Tournament as fair as posible to everyone, The last one I already had people bitching about the rules and such.

Well, as one of the "bitchers" last tourney, I think it's a good thing you're actually answering the concerns raised by the potential attendees bro. the chance for rebuttal was somewhat muted by "Get OVER it" last time lol.

And really I only "bitched" because no-one seemed to explain themselves with regards to the rules, banning etc, it was "like it or lump it" styles, good to see things are heading in a great direction for the next one. We had to have the first to know what worked and what didn't and for that I'm glad as.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

QuoteWill weeventually ban Fuerte cause Leo and Will will (Soon) be able to go Feirce xx run stop xx fierce ad nauseum? I certainly hope not, fun times for all!

I did it once, but only got 5 reps. And i cant for the life of me do it again, especially not on a pad.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

And I am always welcoming advice, thats how we improve.
Suiting our own community with what people prefer.
As mention previously I am trying to mention things which may be a concern and not making decisions or stating facts. I am no where as prficient as any of you guys who actually own the game itself, so your advices and opinions are crucial to me in everyway to make the next Tourny another success.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 01, 2009, 10:42:10 AM
QuoteWill weeventually ban Fuerte cause Leo and Will will (Soon) be able to go Feirce xx run stop xx fierce ad nauseum? I certainly hope not, fun times for all!

I did it once, but only got 5 reps. And i cant for the life of me do it again, especially not on a pad.

Ive got it down already.  Was doing it last night.  Just have to learn how to use it to punish which moves.

A good tip for learning it is to learn how to do an empty run into the first feirce, that way you can use it to punish blocked jab dragons.

Also 5 reps is a waste.  For some reason the damage scale on it sucks.  Do 4 reps and then a finisher, then on your next mixup against most characters you will dizzy off a succesful hit.  That way you get them Dizzy, and they have only been hit once so that your free combo does near full damage instead of teensy homo gay damage.

I was doing 4 reps then on the last feirce run backwards and then do the grab.. its cool

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Most vids I've seen they do ~5 reps and then combo sweep.

Scaling sucks on everything, remember?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Lennysaurus on April 01, 2009, 11:17:39 AM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 01, 2009, 10:42:10 AM

Ive got it down already.  Was doing it last night.  Just have to learn how to use it to punish which moves.

A good tip for learning it is to learn how to do an empty run into the first feirce, that way you can use it to punish blocked jab dragons.

Also 5 reps is a waste.  For some reason the damage scale on it sucks.  Do 4 reps and then a finisher, then on your next mixup against most characters you will dizzy off a succesful hit.  That way you get them Dizzy, and they have only been hit once so that your free combo does near full damage instead of teensy homo gay damage.

I was doing 4 reps then on the last feirce run backwards and then do the grab.. its cool

I know, i was just trying to get the pattern/rhythm down. Once you've got that sorted it actually seems pretty simple. Im pretty sure ive got it, its just a prick of a thing to do on a pad. Ill master it properly when i get my stick.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

silver_spoon

1) I feel that it doesn't matter if you can switch. People will mostlikely to throw in their main no matter what. Double-Blind is fine, unable to switch is fine too. I'm neutral.

But here's an idea: "Pick two characters before tourny, and you are able to switch between"

--

2) Err I saw this chart from the Japanese about Win Rates and tiers (The Japanese takes this very seriously)

Seth is just below Sagat, with Blanka and Boxer coming in close. Claw, Rose, Fuerte, Dhalshim isn't that high up there... But you know that Wellington Dhalsim guy that kicks ass. Also StereoMonkey0's Claw gives me headache and heart attacks.

I say we don't worry about Seth/Sagat/Gouken. Look at last tourny... The top two are Abel and Dictator. Daigo of JP and Justin Wong of US also don't main those guys.

Also, lots of people don't tier whore, and only pick their characters because they like em. It's sad to ban them.

Having said that, I barely win (like 1:5) againts human Seth Match with Abel.  ;D
I/We just need to know how to deal with the nude man! Experience counts.

If we are to ban stuff, Ban Chun-Li's original costume. (Because her alternate costume is finger licking good.)

I am terrible.

stereomonkey

Quote from: silver_spoon on April 03, 2009, 02:51:30 PM
If we are to ban stuff, Ban Chun-Li's original costume. (Because her alternate costume is finger licking good.)

AMEN TO THAT MY BROTHAA!!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

Quote from: silver_spoon on April 03, 2009, 02:51:30 PM

This man is wise beyond words

Gino

zos'la

hush!!!
Chun is mine,her alt is super dooper sexy.
all MINE!!!

I'm in the process of all this rule, don't worry we will have an happy ending :)
me and Chun that is :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: zosla on April 03, 2009, 04:01:27 PM
hush!!!
all MINE!!!

I'm in the process of all this rule, don't worry we will have an happy ending :)

Oh we all love happy ending  ;D
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Lennysaurus

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on April 03, 2009, 07:15:50 PM
Quote from: zosla on April 03, 2009, 04:01:27 PM
hush!!!
all MINE!!!

Oh we all love happy ending  ;D

FOr only 50 dollar more

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

silver_spoon

I am terrible.