• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

GGPO Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, June 21, 2009, 07:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

ggs Lenny.  Thanks for sticking out with me over these past two days and teaching me the ways of SA2 and Jojo's.  That game is cool but hard to get into.

gg to you too Mason.  Get vent man so you can boast to everybody at how good you are on X men vs Street Fighter!  I need learn those Mags combos you were doing.  And what a beast on your keyboard.  I could never play anything using a keyboard, that shit is mad crazy!  Get a stick you bastard too. :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

massi4h

Haha gg Stu. The new plan is to get a stick probably around January or whenever I can get my $1000 "Course Related Costs" for my student loan next year (cause this year's one did not go towards the xbox/guitar hero world tour bundle :P). Exams are less than a month away so I shouldn't be focusing too much on gaming.

Pinolicious

OMG, this is the shizzle!

Looking to get into Super Turbo, & 3rd strike (although I really REALLY suck at 3rd strike)

I aint no pro at Super Turbo either, but I feel that it suits my style (even though I love to mash)

That comment you made Len, I think it made me realise what I like about GGPO, it's not so laggy compared to playing fighters on PSN.  It just works.  At least if I get my ass kicked, I know it was to a better player, and not bullshit lag.  Again, I aint no pro at SF4, but I still know my place, when I should have won/loss.

But yeah, this is the shizzle.  We should totally do the online comp.

Tried to google, still don't understand the difference between HF & ST.
<PSN> Kriselda

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

stereomonkey

Nice to see another face on ggpo. :D

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

yo sorry barnstorm, i only just got ggpo working and now my stick doesnt wanna play along grrrrr >:(

once i have that all sorted i'll be ready for some challenges 8)
The New Generation Clockw0rk

stereomonkey

Sweet, two new peeps online.  Would be keen for some games to AD-Remix

Also ggs Mike.  Damn your silly Bison in SF: Anniversary Edition, CE Bison so homo lol

You will have to post up the  name of the virtual machine program that works on your mac.  Nice too be able to play you on something instead of just talking over vent.  You told me it but I forgot so Im guessing its Parallels Desktops?  Maybe we can see you other mac users online too :)

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 22, 2009, 12:43:41 AM
Sweet, two new peeps online.  Would be keen for some games to AD-Remix)

mean mean, same...just need some help with this fucking joystick of mine...any tips?

it wont show up in device manager and i dont know how to find out which usb port its connected to?

anyone?

Barnstorm

Quote from: AD-Remix on December 22, 2009, 01:49:01 AM

mean mean, same...just need some help with this fucking joystick of mine...any tips?

it wont show up in device manager and i dont know how to find out which usb port its connected to?

anyone?

what kinda stick you using?
and which version of windows

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its a 360 stick eh? It should work as long as you download the drivers for using a 360 controller on PC.

(And get a mic/vent.)
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 22, 2009, 08:58:16 AM
Quote from: AD-Remix on December 22, 2009, 01:49:01 AM

anyone?

what kinda stick you using?
and which version of windows

its a 360 stick, the same one that kevin won at the nationals...its pretty crap but its all i got for now...and im on windows xp..lol dont laugh at me  :(

and thanks bill u just reminded me what i was missing...hmmm back to do some tinkering...do-di-dooo

stereomonkey

xp is still all good yo.  But yeah, once you get the drivers it should be all good :)

CrazyMobius

Sounds cool. Make the most of now!  ;D

Barnstorm

theres a thread on srk anout getting xbox sticks to work with xp you should check it out i remember heaps of people having an issue with this

that may have just been hori but im not sure

stereomonkey

weird, ive had different xbox peripherals on the pc running xp and they all work fine once you have the xbox controller drivers.