• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

ggpo tonight

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, June 30, 2009, 08:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

My computer's being fixed atm and the only mic I have is a guitar hero mic which sounds like shit (unless there's a way to use my headset in my stick). I can sorta play on my sister's piece of cheese that I'm using atm but it's pretty bad.

stereomonkey

Yes, you can use your headset with your TE stick when you connect it to your PC.  Couple of the xbl peeps communicate that way ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

The same works with a normal 360 controller, probably ANY 360 controller even.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yeah I have a 360 controller with headset for ggpo
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

jpb123

I stuck on the "connecting to server" part but I can watch other people play...

help me! :(

electric

Quote from: jpb123 on January 22, 2010, 01:19:02 PM
I stuck on the "connecting to server" part but I can watch other people play...

help me! :(

I had the same issue a few weeks ago... It's almost definately a port forwarding issue - you need to have the correct ports open on your router for it to work

http://ggpo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1001

There's a link with a basic outline as to what you should do :)
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

stereomonkey

Once you have you ggpo up and running the next step is to get vent and hook up for some games from there.  Usually from 5.30pm till late is when we usuals are on.  You don't need a mic either but it does help out ;)

jpb123

all fixed and ready to play! is there a way to practice by yourself?

massi4h

Go into the ggpo folder and run ggpofba.exe. This is what you use to play by yourself/not online.

It's all arcade ports so if you wanna practice you just put it on 2 player and fight a dummy or else play the cpu.

stereomonkey

Download this and put it into your "cheats" folder in ggpo.

http://haggar.pocketheaven.com/files/cheat/fbcheat0294d.zip

Then you can run cheats from the misc menu on fba ;)

redtie

Supness

I'll be on 11 - 12 tonight

Exclusively ST, until someone teaches me A2

Play for keeps!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I tried to sneakilly do this on my sis computer. I got the roms , but i cant move them into ggpo > roms folder without them losing the .zip at the end. So i tried to just compress them myself when there in there using tugzip, but i think that ones shit cos i cant do it (highly unlikely its my godlike pc skills).

You's know what else i could do or recommend another FREE .zip utility. I've ragequited 10x already. I havent used emulators since i was 12. I think ive gotten more dumber.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

Quote from: redtie on January 25, 2010, 07:54:26 PM
Supness

I'll be on 11 - 12 tonight

Exclusively ST, until someone teaches me A2

Play for keeps!

I'll be on for some midnight sessions since the regular competition is on a WoW train atm :)

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 25, 2010, 09:07:19 PM
I tried to sneakilly do this....

weazzy, next time I see you I will give something to help you out. ;)

fluxcore

Um, there's absolutely no reason why moving a file would drop the zipness/file extension. The only thing I can think of is that she has 'show file extensions' turned off.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Barnstorm

weazzy dont extract the files