• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Music

Started by Coddfish, March 12, 2007, 02:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coddfish

Couldn't hurt to get to know our fellow warriors better, so...

What sort of music are ya'll into?

I'm a rock fiend, with a (small) side-dish of rap/dance/whatever else. Most rap makes me want to tear off my ears, to be honest, but there's some good stuff hidden in there; notably Eminem, Tupac, and recently Wu-Tang/RZA.

As far as rock goes, I'll listen to pretty much any rock. Hard rock and metal are my favorite, though. (One of the countless reasons I love Guilty Gear).

My top bands would be, in no order: Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Soil, Leaves Eyes, Nightwish, Black Sabbath, Megadeth, System of a Down, Avenged Sevenfold.

How about you?

fluxcore

Quote from: Coddfish on March 12, 2007, 02:25:53 PM
What sort of music are ya'll into?

Shit, you really don't want to get me started. I'm one of those people that have a 200+gb archive of music, but have actually listened to all of it. I generally go through phases of different genres... the biggest were Electronica/IDM (Aphex Twin, Autechre, Luke Vibert etc) and Hip Hop (Blackalicious, DJ Shadow, WuTang Clan etc), but could never stand Eminem, and never got into Tupac...

However, having said that I've most recently been on a Grindcore/Black/Death metal tip, I'm afraid to say. I'm about at the end of that though, so gotta find something new to listen to...

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im pretty much into everything, though i tend to favour decent rock music, GnR, Stone Temple pilots, Rage against the machine etc. But rather than go into a massive novel about what music i like, im just going to show you a poorly filmed video of the greatest song ever concieved.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2010633861
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Actually, I can't believe I forgot... I have a last.fm account, which logs all your music listening, so you can see the stats for yourself! It's actually quite interesting, and can make 'recommendations' and a radio stream for you, so check it out if you're interested!

Here's my profile: http://www.last.fm/user/lanosk

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Griever

my fav bands are at the moment, opeth, meshuggah, extol, dimmu borgir, slayer, oh and these are game cover bands that im into, mini bosses, this place is haunted, megadriver, video game cover band (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ7U8F3w2RE) and game artists, akira yamaoka (silent hill), yozo koshiro (streets of rage).
the mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA

geneterror

I mainly listen to Hardcore, Metal and Hip Hop. I'm also prone to a bit of Country with J.Pop and Anime soundtracks in the mix
For Hardcore I like mid to late '80s and later Hardcore. Mainly New York stuff like Judge, Madball, Sick Of It All, Warzone to stuff like Bulldoze, Clubber Lang, Shattered Realm, Blacklisted, Reign Supreme etc. Of the current NZ Hardcore bands I like Moment of Truth and Burial plus a few others.
I tend to like my Metal to be of the Black/Death variety with a bit of classic Thrash. Everything from mid '80s stuff up to the current bands. Classic bands I enjoy are bands like Beherit, Blasphemy, Dark Angel, Kreator etc I still follow newer bands though and liked recent(ish) albums from bands like Dead Congregation, DeathSpell Omega, Unearthly Trance etc. I also like NZ Metal like Skuldom, Vassafor, Diocletian, Ulcerate etc
I listen to a lot of Hip Hop, mainly mid 90's New York stuff like Capone 'n Noreaga, Big L, Nas, Mobb Deep, Lord Finesse,D.I.T.C, Gravediggaz etc but still follow current stuff. I like the last DJ Muggs and Planet Asia album a lot as well as the last Guilty Simpson album.
KOW 2011

stereomonkey

I listen to myself, because my voice Roxorz!  :P :P :P

but really, I don't listen to anything...
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Will

Into quite a few different genres, Metal/Hip-Hop/D&B/Death Metal/Prog etc. Pretty much anything really.

Last FM Profile:

http://www.last.fm/user/William101NZ/library

Currently Listening to: Dillinger Escape Plan, Between The Buried & Me, Dream Theater, Suicide Silence, Parkway Drive, Bury Your Dead, The Faceless + a few more. :D
Learning....

Lennysaurus

Ummm.. I like Britney cause shes so rad!!

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Will

hahaha nothing wrong with a bit of britney!!! geneterror The Burial are sweet havent heard MOTs EP yet, good? Also Mobb Deep + Nas are Win!!
Learning....

geneterror

Where do you live, I have a spare copy of the MoT EP if you want it? I did the artwork, been friends with Rex for years.
KOW 2011

Will

Aw true true, im in Auckland, Mt Wellington area, would gladly have it. PM you address?
Learning....

geneterror

Check your PMs Will.
KOW 2011

Will

Done & Sent. Cant wait! haha
Learning....

budafist

I just listen to the SF4 title song over and over again.
At home, in the car, on my ipod, sing it in bed etc.

In - de - structable.... fuck yeah!

The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!