• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

Music

Started by Coddfish, March 12, 2007, 02:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: samurai black on February 15, 2010, 07:02:52 PM
i still do. college dropout and late registration are awesome. things get a bit iffy with graduation imo, and then goes balls up with that auto tune record. blah.

I thought Graduation was great. That's the only album I got of his. I just heard so many songs on the radio and C4 that I eventually got it and then when I listened to the way he composed his rhymes I got hooked. I never heard anyone do a rhyme with a word that is similar to the word it's rhymed with so often.

It felt like graduation was the peak of his ego but then it got too much after that.

Barnstorm

i used to like kanye
i still think hes a really good artist
but hes such a fuckin sack of shit
i skip his music when its on my ipod just cos i think hes such a cock

my music tastes are all over the place
fav being hip hop

and i dont know how you can dislike the 80s so much stuff, hip hop, electronic, punk, glam rock and everyone knows a lot of it and is happy to sing along

gunsmoke

He say Beyonces got the best female singer in all time......  8)????

I like the single Paranoid in his latest album.......
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Everyone here needs to go out and buy Slash's new album. Even if you dont like music or are deaf.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 10, 2010, 01:11:29 PM
Everyone here needs to go out and buy Slash's new album. Even if you dont like music or are deaf.

Oh yeah, I'll give it a go

samurai black

only track ive liked so far was 'watch this dave'

'doctor alibi' started off good, but then lemmy started singing and i went 'aww man'.

also surprised that fergie didnt ruin the song she was on like she did B.E.P.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: samurai black on April 12, 2010, 11:48:52 AM
only track ive liked so far was 'watch this dave'

'doctor alibi' started off good, but then lemmy started singing and i went 'aww man'.

also surprised that fergie didnt ruin the song she was on like she did B.E.P.

Ghost is one of the best opening tracks ive heard on any album.

And Doctor Alibi is fucking amazing. Admittedly, i can understand Lemmy Kilmeisters voice isn't for everyone. But keep listening to it. He grows on you. (I used to think he sounded crap as well) Admittedly, he's showing his age a bit. Sounds like he's struggling to sing at some points. I love it though. Probably my favourite song on there.

The thing about the album is that a lot of the songs sound like songs made by the bands of the lead singers (By the sword sounds like a Wolfmother song, and Crucify the dead sounds like an Ozzy song etc.) The difference being that the guitar tracks have all got the Slash magic factoring into them.

The only song i dont like on the album is the one with Adam Levigne. That shit sucks. Fergie's vocals arent great on her track either, but i was expecting it to be a hell of a lot worse, so im quite pleasantly surprised by it.

Its an album that isn't what i would call revolutionary. Its pretty old school metal. The good kind imo. Back when it had musical value, and it wasnt just some tard yelling into a mic.

Its essentially just Slash being fucking awesome, and managing to make a bunch of different singers sound great. Except Adam Levigne. Of all my musical purchases, i am by far the most happy with this one.

(For fans of the genre, i also recommend playing 'Brutal Legend' on PS3 and 360.)
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

Brutal Legend is awesome, even if I pretty much hate most "Heavy" Metal still a fun game.

I think I'll pass on Slash (might give it a quick listen) there is no way it will be as good as the new(ish) Alice In Chains ;)
KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I need to check out new(ish) Alice in Chains. I havent heard many(any) negatives from what people tell me.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

im going back to thrashing my fall out boy cd  :D

geneterror

Bill I didn't think Alice In Chains could pull it off without Layne Staley but judging from the album they never needed him.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: geneterror on April 12, 2010, 03:38:59 PM
Bill I didn't think Alice In Chains could pull it off without Layne Staley but judging from the album they never needed him.

Thats what i thought, which is why i didn't buy the album. But if its good, its good.

Quote from: samurai black on April 12, 2010, 03:35:52 PM
im going back to thrashing my fall out boy cd  :D

Aaaaaaand THIS is why the nuances of Lemmy Kilmeister is lost on you.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

hey, take this to your grave is a good record.

geneterror

Fall Out Boy > Motorhead ;D
KOW 2011

maelgrim

Love 80's & love OSTs (GITS, FF etc)
Speaking of which its probably my biggest dislike about SF4 - the sound track.
I still listen to some BlazBlue tracks on occasion :)
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?