• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Tournament August 09 feedback

Started by zos'la, August 18, 2009, 09:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

good point, we could try for this coming 2v2 :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: Smoofikith on August 20, 2009, 01:04:29 PM
Maybe we could test this on our team tournaments and sheet? Pre-register and prepay essential? Or maybe just charge extra for sign ups on the day? It's not like we haven't printed/handed/yelled enough shit for them not to know about this site
CHARGE THEM $10 EXTRA !!! And use the extra money to buy drink for players on NZism.

geneterror

Or pay those of us that currently work for free ;)

Don't worry Andy I'm joking, I don't mind working for you guys for free :-*.
KOW 2011

fluxcore

I said we'd give you recompense, and I told whoever ended up with the tournament-paying-off-people-money that you should get some.

Sometimes it really sucks being down in Hamilton so I can't sort this stuff out myself.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: geneterror on August 20, 2009, 04:39:18 PM
Or pay those of us that currently work for free ;)
They didn't earn nothing. They've earned our respects ^_^ Money can't buy honor.

stereomonkey

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 20, 2009, 12:37:08 PM
Nah its not knowledge, its weazzys pubes.

Thats all good on paper, but a good portion of our entrants werent actually members of the site. I personally think it would make it a hell of a lot easier as well. Probably best to encourage pre-reg AND pre-paying (because if youve payed, then odds are youre gonna turn up. Pre-paying would essentially be a 100% confirmation that youre gonna be there.) for next time, just to save a bit of time on the day.

And no refunds bitches.

I actually have so say that a good portion of our entrants WERE from the site.  Hence the reason why I was sitting at the rego collecting the money, So I could put the usernames to the faces.

Don't worry Andy I'm joking, I don't mind working on K'road for a living to pay you my master! Please dont use your ring hand *slap* :-*.

I'm sure I'm reading that wrong...
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 20, 2009, 06:27:07 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 20, 2009, 12:37:08 PM
Nah its not knowledge, its weazzys pubes.

Thats all good on paper, but a good portion of our entrants werent actually members of the site. I personally think it would make it a hell of a lot easier as well. Probably best to encourage pre-reg AND pre-paying (because if youve payed, then odds are youre gonna turn up. Pre-paying would essentially be a 100% confirmation that youre gonna be there.) for next time, just to save a bit of time on the day.

And no refunds bitches.

I actually have so say that a good portion of our entrants WERE from the site.  Hence the reason why I was sitting at the rego collecting the money, So I could put the usernames to the faces.

Yea the majority of the entrants were. Im not discounting that. But there was a NOTABLE CHUNK that were not.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

and hopefully they are with the site now, because female blanka says so!

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE]iRONSoL

thats are some hair on those nipples :o
pringles

geneterror

Quote from: fluxcore on August 20, 2009, 04:44:38 PM
I said we'd give you recompense, and I told whoever ended up with the tournament-paying-off-people-money that you should get some.

Sometimes it really sucks being down in Hamilton so I can't sort this stuff out myself.
Don't worry Alan I was just busting Hue's balls, jokes like that don't work so well on the internet I guess.
I told all you guys I/we don't mind working for free :-*

Wait 'til you see the stick artwork, that ish looks fuckin' sick. Will be sending it out to you guys for approval this morning. A LOT of work has gone into this final one and it shows.
KOW 2011

zos'la

Don't worry Andy I'm joking, I don't mind working on K'road for a living to pay you my master! Please dont use your ring hand *slap* :-*.

WTF is this!!! LOL.

btw, I have my hands up for teh remianing cash from the tourny. Alan if you can send me your bank details plz.

Graeme, also send me yours too and i'll recompense both of you for your efforts!!!

it's not much but its a little something from us.

//==

on other notes, I will update you jack ass for the 2v2 Tournament date/time this weekend once I have sorted it out with Giga.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

geneterror

Honestly I was joking guys, I don't give a fuck about money :P
I'd rather exchange my/our time for help from you guys setting up a custom stick (Lenny I'm lookin at you) and getting my PS2 modded (Andy) so I can play KOF98:UM ;)
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

Quote from: geneterror on August 21, 2009, 09:09:24 AM
Honestly I was joking guys, I don't give a fuck about money :P
I'd rather exchange my/our time for help from you guys setting up a custom stick (Lenny I'm lookin at you) and getting my PS2 modded (Andy) so I can play KOF98:UM ;)

I dont mind helping you out with that dude.  Ill get a pad and hack it for you.  Dont hack the Namco sticks pcb though.  They no good.

I can solder up the pad no worries.  But the whole woodworking and art bit isnt my thing.  But im retty sure youll have the art down no worries.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

geneterror

Bevan can make me the case, will hit you up in the coming months. Still gonna crack open the Namco to give it custom artwork when my TE turns up, will prob be my Sakura stick. Then I'll build a custom Bison stick. Gonna graf the fuck outta my TE when it turns up :)

Still gotta do some Gen artwork for ya bro. Been on the hunt for images. I got a couple of mean ideas!
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

If all youre doing is changing the artwork on the namco then all good.  But if you are changing the stick and buttons, its a pretty hard mod. 

The buttons are wired directly to the pcb making it a bitch.  If you want to change out the stock buttons and stick, you have to:
-Rip out the old pcb and hack a new pad for it
-Make the holes slightly larger for the new buttons
-Change the "shaft" of the stick for a smaller one

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero