• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Quote from: Will on September 30, 2009, 12:21:42 AM
Shhheeeeettt SSF4 is going to be sweet, wonder what the surprise for owning the SF4 disc will be, whole lot of costumes etc

LOL yeah someone in #capcom said "unlocking all the sf4 alternate costumes" which would be hilarious.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

CptMunta

New remix of T-Hawks stage music playing in the background.  :)

Juri's Ultra looks pretty sick!

Also T-Hawk looks alot better in motion.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

zos'la

Juri it is to play :D
mokoto stz ftw!!!

Wonder what is the suprise for the SF4 owners from capcom.. better be worth it -.- since they didn't make the game as an add on...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

electric

Quote from: zosla on September 30, 2009, 09:02:29 AMWonder what is the suprise for the SF4 owners from capcom.. better be worth it -.- since they didn't make the game as an add on...

I'm interested too... buuuuut... I don't get the whole obsession with people wanting this game as DLC, or even as a cheaper title

EA sports releases their games EVERY YEAR, but you don't see them getting discounts just because the bought the first one, right ? It's like expecting to get a discounted MacBook update every 6 months when they do speed/hard drive bumps. It's a brand new game. Why do people think they're entitled to discounts ? Get off your high horse. You aren't that important
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

http://www.iplaywinner.com/news/2009/9/29/super-street-fighter-4-max-out-first-dee-jay-trailer.html

Also capcom ANNOUNCED that it will be cheaper than normal retail, it's not people complaining about it. People are happy, I don't see where the high horse is...

geneterror

Juri seems to look and play like a KOF character to some extent, awesome.
KOW 2011

geneterror

Quote from: fluxcore on September 30, 2009, 09:28:01 AM
http://www.iplaywinner.com/news/2009/9/29/super-street-fighter-4-max-out-first-dee-jay-trailer.html

Also capcom ANNOUNCED that it will be cheaper than normal retail, it's not people complaining about it. People are happy, I don't see where the high horse is...
I don't know. On fighting game forums we are all psyched and nobody is complaining but for general gaming boards this is the average thread I have seen.
http://forums.nzgamer.com/index.php?showtopic=14136
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

^ It's more because other games have set the standard with dlc. People don't understand that SF is primarily an arcade game.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

OK yeah I'm astounded by that NZGamer thread, that's just ridiculous.

electric

I meant more about the people complaining before it was announced. I just don't get where this sence of entitlement comes from. Also, if my statement came across as rude, it wasn't intended to be -- I'm just genuinely interested as to why people think they DESERVE something for cheaper, just because they bought the first version at full price

Quote from: Smoof on September 30, 2009, 09:28:01 AM
^ It's more because other games have set the standard with dlc. People don't understand that SF is primarily an arcade game.

Good point I guess -- I've never been much of a console gamer, having spent most of my gaming days on PC back before DLC even existed.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

Also like 90% of gamers are single player scrubs. They think that this is just some dlc map pack or some shit. What they don't realise is the amount of work and balance changes that are going into this game to keep people like us happy. Would they notice the differences between SF2 and ST? Apart from graphical improvements and new characters, probably not.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

Quote from: electric on September 30, 2009, 09:46:26 AM

I meant more about the people complaining before it was announced. I just don't get where this sence of entitlement comes from. Also, if my statement came across as rude, it wasn't intended to be -- I'm just genuinely interested as to why people think they DESERVE something for cheaper, just because they bought the first version at full price

Quote from: Smoof on September 30, 2009, 09:28:01 AM

Good point I guess -- I've never been much of a console gamer, having spent most of my gaming days on PC back before DLC even existed.

From there perspective its more like the same games with add ons/ enchancements. I also agree to this to some extent but as capcom said it was a little too hard to change SF4 to SSF4 so they went along teh path fo creating it entirely like anew game itself. But giving the game owners of SF4 a Nice deal  since they have been following this and of course the marketing bit comes into play :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

I love that thread in nzgamer. Some WoW player complaining about having to pay for SSF4.... Ohh the irony

MUMMYHALA